Spyder Garage

Default F3 Top Case with Arm Rests

Finally got the top case and arm rests mounted by dealer. Did a great job. Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

did you order it with the black lid. i thought they were all red. it looks great
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think the ones you add are black lids and on the 2017 Limited they are color matched.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I think the ones you add are black lids and on the 2017 Limited they are color matched.
    You are correct, I also added mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

That's correct. All the add ons are black on top. And it's a really sparkling black at that. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

well if you wanted them to match, during the winter you can pull the lid off, and have someone paint it for you. i am sure it won't cost much.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default our new top case is black... not red

Just took delivery of our new 2017 F3 Ltd. I kind of expected that it would come with top case in red, but no - it's black on top, but has red sides. I was going to ask the dealer about this, as I was sure the pics I had seen showed red bikes with top cases that were also red on top. Before I did so, I stood back from the F3 for a few moments and asked my self which I would really prefer - black top or red top, and whether I should make an issue if it. In the end, I simply decided the black top looked better, and had a nicer flow (look) to it, fitting in with the black seats and all. So, seems like some new red F3 Ltd.'s come with top cases with black tops and not red. Here's the pic of mine. However, it does seem that white 2017 F3L's at least are white all over; other colors, not sure.20170607_141737_002.jpg
    Last edited by bushrat; 06-10-2017 at 09:23 PM. Reason: addditional comment
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Looks great and i like the black top.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Bushrat, looks great with the black top on yours!
    2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
    2016 Spyder F3T
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Honda 300 Forza

Spyder Garage

Default top case

I ordered mine and installed it myself, and love being able to take it on and off.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Looks great, Tom
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Looks great, Tom
    !!!!!! I know you take great pride in your DIY skills. Just think you were smart to let your trusty dealer to get the job done. Probably saved your self a lot of frustration. How do those rear speakers sound???
    Hot and Steamy Hoosier
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Just took delivery of our new 2017 F3 Ltd. I kind of expected that it would come with top case in red, but no - it's black on top, but has red sides. I was going to ask the dealer about this, as I was sure the pics I had seen showed red bikes with top cases that were also red on top. Before I did so, I stood back from the F3 for a few moments and asked my self which I would really prefer - black top or red top, and whether I should make an issue if it. In the end, I simply decided the black top looked better, and had a nicer flow (look) to it, fitting in with the black seats and all. So, seems like some new red F3 Ltd.'s come with top cases with black tops and not red. Here's the pic of mine. However, it does seem that white 2017 F3L's at least are white all over; other colors, not sure.20170607_141737_002.jpg
    There was an issue with the pearl red paint in 2017 and so they used the black on top instead. It's why the 2016's are all red and the 2017's are not. Its also why the white ones are still all white. This would explain why all the red add on cases for the 2016's are black on top, they're probably taken from 2017 inventory.
    urs matches perfectly. Id def prefer it that way. Looks great.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    !!!!!! I know you take great pride in your DIY skills. Just think you were smart to let your trusty dealer to get the job done. Probably saved your self a lot of frustration. How do those rear speakers sound???
    Hot and Steamy Hoosier
    Being surrounded by sound again is great! And the speakers are a nice quality. The dealer tech called at 11am and was apprehensive at first when he saw all he had to do. They had never done one before. He called again at 4pm they were all done. Including servicing the Spyder. He said once they started it all made sense and everything fit perfectly. He was impressed by it all. Tom