Thread: handlebar lock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default handlebar lock

my 13RTS is my second spyder. since 2010 when i want to lock the handlebars and glove box i turn the wheels left turn the key and remove same. Recently when i tried to do same the key would come out but the handlebar failed to lock. Brought it in and demonstrated problem to the service tech. When i picked up the bike the service tech noted that the system worked as designed- turn it to the right and lock same. I find this highly suspect. Do i now have the only spyder in existence that "magically" altered itself to lock with the opposite procedure after 4 years? Or did the mechanic install the pin backwards and was too embarrassed to cop to it? I was not charged for the "fix"; just have to learn to change old habit.

Spyder Garage

Default Cute....

interesting explanation...seeing as the bars will lock to either side I would suspect that some cable, zip tie or other foreign object has dislodged and is blocking the pin from getting through. Letting you know that it still locks to the other side is not finding out why it quit working as it has....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry handlebar lock

had no idea it locked to both sides. the tech obviously too lazy to fix it. at 95 per hour, why bother!!!