Spyder Garage

Default Windshield for RS

Hi,

I want to start travelling more and further on my beloved 2012 RSS and I need a better windshield for long distance

There is a great selection of windshields on Ebay, all different sizes, different shapes, colors etc
    I am kind of overwhelmed with a selection so i decided to ask here

Can you tell me what windshields do you have and where you got them? Also what size should i chose ?

I guess I want to look at the road above the windshield not through it, also i like a sport look not a tourist look so i would prefer to buy the smallest possible but on the other hand i want some protection from wind
    It would also be great if i could remove it easily and install the original one back.

Thanks in advance
    ---Marta ----

2017 Spyder F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 "BumbleBee"
    2007 Honda 919
    2012 Spyder RS-S SM5 angry orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marta919 View Post
    Hi,

I want to start travelling more and further on my beloved 2012 RSS and I need a better windshield for long distance

There is a great selection of windshields on Ebay, all different sizes, different shapes, colors etc
    I am kind of overwhelmed with a selection so i decided to ask here

Can you tell me what windshields do you have and where you got them? Also what size should i chose ?

I guess I want to look at the road above the windshield not through it, also i like a sport look not a tourist look so i would prefer to buy the smallest possible but on the other hand i want some protection from wind
    It would also be great if i could remove it easily and install the original one back.

Thanks in advance
    Running Madstad windshields on both Spyders. Mines a 08 GS and hers a 11 RSS. We have risers on our bikes which makes a difference when ordering a shield from them. If you are running the stock handle bars I would order what they suggest. I like the adjustment of the Madstad. Can be raised or lowered and tilted back real easy. Also available in tinted or clear shields. Here is a picture on my wifes bike.s7.jpg
    David

Spyder Garage

Hi Marta & Warlock,

Re: Running Madstad windshield on . . . a 08 GS

I am also. I bought based upon a recommendation & am satisfied with it.

I do like that it is adjustable; no two of us are the same.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

I am using the F4. Love it to the OEM. have a 2014 and the OEM was so pitted from rocks it was tolerable but hard to clean with all the pitting. The F4 on the way home from Spyderfest ran into a hwy the was getting the Chip and Seal and rocks fling all over the place. Cracked a headlight cover and when I stopped for gas not a chip or scratch on it. When U look at them see what kind of material they used and hoe well it will hold up to scratching a chipping. Thats why I got the F4 and talked to a lot of people at Spyderfest and all loved them that have them. Thats my 2. cents

Spyder Garage

Madstad A+++++

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what I do...

I believe it MSR...I know the letters are right maybe not in that order..got it from twisted throttle and has worked well for me. 2012 RS and I am 6'1"
    20161003_122000_resized_1.jpg the flip up works great on highways...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FOR MY $$ MONEY $$ IT's

Madstad and only MADSTAD
    simply the best .
    Also they are a Spyder Lovers sponsor

Spyder Garage

You need to know what windscreen height is needed by having someone hold a yard stick in place of the windscreen while you sit in riding position looking at the inch mark that best suits where your want your eyes pointed, over or under the top edge. This will give you a better idea of how tall the windscreen needs to be. A tall torso person needs a taller windscreen, short torso needs shorter screen. What works for one may not work for another. When talking windscreens and seats you have to consider total height of a person AND inseam. Remember when looking over the windscreen you may get more helmet buffeting although it will keep the wind blast off your upper body.
    2010 GS SE5 red and black
    1982 Honda GL650 (showroom condition)
    2014 Honda Goldwing Valkyrie

Spyder Garage

Call Madstad and they will walk you through what model you need.