Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder owner in Pa.

Found a decent deal on a 2010 RT and figured what the heck I'll try it for a while.

Have had a few different bikes over the years. Started with a Honda CB750. Then a 750 Magna. Suzuki Intruder 700. 84 Goldwing 1200. And finally a 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate.

The Rt is bone stock with only 2500 miles. Been messing with it the last couple weeks. It had a shake at speed. I adjusted the toe in some. It was set up dead straight when I started. That took some of it out, but still didn't feel right. So I took the front wheels to my tire guy and had them spin balanced. One didn't have any weights on from the factory and took 1.75 ounces to get it balanced. Wow what a difference that made. Very smooth now. Might look into a belt idler yet. Sure seems like they should have come from the factory with one.

Been doing a lot of reading here. This seems like a great site. Have to ride it a while and see if I take to it. Not sure if I want to put a bunch of money in it to make it mine. I'm tall and not sure I like the riding position. Comfort seats and riding pegs and other stuff seem expensive. We'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by custom1; 05-23-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Forum and world of Spyders, hope you'll enjoy it as much as so many, many do!
    I Love my '13 RTL! Most comfortable ride I've ever had in 47 years of riding.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

and Let us know how the "test ride" goes for you.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome & Congrats!

and...enjoy your 2010 RT (almost new with only 2500 miles!). It's certainly a different ride than a two wheeler, but with time, you'll really enjoy it. We are on our second Spyder RT and the first one we purchased was a 2012 RT.

We currently have 38,000+ miles on our 2014 RT...get out and ride! Enjoy your new ride!
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 05-20-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by custom1 View Post
    Found a decent deal on a 2010 RT and figured what the heck I'll try it for a while.

Have had a few different bikes over the years. Started with a Honda CB750. Then a 750 Magna. Suzuki Intruder 700. 84 Goldwing 1200. And finally a 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate.

The Rt is bone stock with only 2500 miles. Been messing with it the last couple weeks. It had a shake at speed. I adjusted the toe in some. It was set up dead straight when I started. That took some of it out, but still didn't real right. So I took the front wheels to my tire guy and had them spin balanced. One didn't have any weights on from the factory and took 1.75 ounces to get it balanced. Wow what a difference that made. Very smooth now. Might look into a belt idler yet. Sure seems like they should have come from the factory with one.

Been doing a lot of reading here. This seems like a great site. Have to ride it a while and see if I take to it. Not sure if I want to put a bunch of money in it to make it mine. I'm tall and not sure I like the riding position. Comfort seats and riding pegs and other stuff seem expensive. We'll see how it goes.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome fellow Pa rider.what part of the state are you in

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to this bunch

You will find a lot of good info right here, a bunch of folks here are 2 wheel riders that are making
    a change or just adding the Spyder to the stable. Good luck have fun.
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Spyder Garage

We found the comfort seat really does the trick for taller riders, or if you need more leg room without adding highway pegs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone.

Slick999, We are near Greensburg. About 1 hr southeast of Pittsburgh.

There is a fairly big car show every Sat evening in Irwin Pa. We stopped there last night and met another Spyder owner, Dave I think it was. Very enthusiastic owner of a white 2011 TRL. It would be great to get a big group together there. I will make a post in the event section.

I'll have to find someone close by that has a comfort seat to test out.

John

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

To both the spyder world and this most informative site. Congrats on the new ryde. looks like you are set with the fixes you made for some fun ryding and adjusting to the ryde. For sure the best is to ryde and get comfortable and as you do you will see if you need more changes. I'm sure you have read some of the most common mods made...The fun is finding out
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black