Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Cool 1 year maintenance report

I purchased my used 2012 Spyder RT A&C in May 2016 with 30k miles. In the last 12 months I have replaced the battery (original finally died), replaced the antenna (broken in a wind storm). I added two rear speakers to improve the sound, and due to getting hit by a car I have replaced the rear fender. None of these were really complicated. I just reached 34k miles and I am preparing to do my first oil change. Also according to the previous maintenance record I am going to replace the brake pads. I am lucky that I have a mechanical background, yet nothing has seemed to complicated (except the battery location). In my opinion the Spyder is not very complicated to work on.

2012 RT A&C, 2 Rear Speakers, Chrome Upgrades, Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Corbin Custom Leather Seat,
    Kurykan Iso Handle Bars, Driver floorboards and foot pegs.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nope, not to difficult. that is until it's time to remove the airfilter box to access the spark plugs. haven't changed out the plugs yet but will soon. and when I do the airbox and resonator are going into file 13 and JT's airfilter will be installed. actually the worse thing about doing basic maintenance on these rascals is removing the Tupperware.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Looks like you have enjoyed your ryde, outside of the accident glad it was only a fender....looks like a leisurely mornings work and then out to seat the brakes and enjoy a ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

it is my hope to most of the maintenance myself.

2012 RT A&C, 2 Rear Speakers, Chrome Upgrades, Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Corbin Custom Leather Seat,

Spyder Garage

luv it

Spyder Garage

and The 2012 A & C is a pretty good machine. We have the same in 2011 flavor. Oil changes, filters, tires and check overs are all we have encountered so far. 25K on the clock.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red