Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Powering up Non Zumo GPS to Can Am F3 - Simple approch

I wanted to give a shout out to a company called 3BRMotorsports. This little company makes various all weather cabling for motorcycles. Why was this important to me? I have a 2015 F3s that does not have a built in Nav system. I already had a nice mobile GPS Navigation unit (Garmin 2599) that I wanted to hook up. I live in Colorado and tend to get lost up in the mountains and as you know Phones do work in many areas. Garmin does not sell a USB connection that you can use in Nav mode. If you use the USB cable supplied with your Garmin, it thinks it is in data transfer mode and will not go into map mode. Garmin wants you to spend $500.00 $600.00 $700.00 for their Zumo Navigational system for motorcycles.
    3BR Motorsports makes a USB cable that can be used for Garmin GPS that will allow it to go into Map mode .
    Iam sure there are other products on the market that can do this but I found I had to do a lot of research to find what I was looking for and what would work. 3BR sells many setups but I wanted something simple that I did not have to hardwire to my F3. For less than 65.00, I was able to solve my problem. Down side is that any non Zumo units will not hookup to Sena's and so there is no audio.

Here is their website: https://www.3brpowersports.com/
    Here is a Youtube Video of my setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw5zqeShkuA
    This is my first instructional YouTube video so no harsh critiquing please!!
    Last edited by Tazzel; 06-14-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

Or... here is what I use for my Garmin... Available in a couple of different lengths and $15.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yes that is the same Garmin Nav mode 18 inch cable I have, same company, same price. The other piece is the power cable coming up from the battery tender with a weatherproof connection for the 18 inch cable you show here. However 18 inches is the longest I could find and would not reach my battery tender pigtail so I had to purchase the battery tender cable. They also have a cable you can hook directly to your battery. I was just showing a simple way to get power to your phone or GPS without hardwiring or installing Can Am USB ports or 12 volt power outlet. Many of us have Spyders without USB ports and 12v outlets.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 05-19-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    yes that is the same Garmin Nav mode 18 inch cable I have, same company, same price. The other piece is the power cable coming up from the battery tender with a weatherproof connection for the 18 inch cable you show here. However 18 inches is the longest I could find and would not reach my battery tender pigtail so I had to purchase the battery tender cable. They also have a cable you can hook directly to your battery. I was just showing a simple way to get power to your phone or GPS without hardwiring or installing Can Am USB ports or 12 volt power outlet. Many of us have Spyders without USB ports and 12v outlets.
    Ahhh... It is the same.

EH... I have a dual USB port installed on my F4 WindShield brackets and I installed a dual port on the handle bars. The one on the windshield stays dry even in heavy wind and rain... The bar mount one does not unless it is covered. So the 18 inch works for my purposes.

Will look at their other stuff. Good find.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER