Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Reasons not to go. Looks like here?
    That's a pretty sad reason. With that reasoning, I guess you never travel outside the US. Too bad, you don't know what your missing.

Spyder Garage

Default Original containers only

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I have two prescription drugs and several supplements I take daily. When I travel I usually put them in ziplock bags to save space rather than bringing the containers. Will I have any trouble getting into Canada if I have them in ziplock bags?
    You might get lucky and not get searched .... but if they find a " baggy " with pills in it you could be in for a long delay . If they are narcotics or opiates or antidepressants etc you could be in legal trouble and/or denied entry

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

According to Canadian customs rules they must be in the original container with a label that clearly describes the dosage. Also, although this probably won't concern anyone going to Homecoming, you may not take more than what is required for the prescription period, if that is like 10 days or whatever, and in any case no more than 90 days supply. A list showing the prescriptions from the doc is advisable, but not required. There is no requirement to have a copy of the actual prescription from your doc, contrary to many travel suggestions I've read. That is harder and harder to get since so much is being done electronically. My doc refused to be bothered to fill out a hand signed scrip.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Last night I went through the process of sorting my meds into little zip-lock bags for each day. But I'll also bring my collection of bottles, in case I have to prove what they are. I take six in the morning and four at night, so just using the bottles is cumbersome. So I like to pre-sort them.
    To be safe, just in case you are unlucky enough to be scrutinized, put them back in the bottles. Rules are rules. See my post above. If the customs folks want to ignore them you're safe, but if they want to enforce the rules, you could be SOL.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Default PRESCRIPTION drugs in Canada

I have two prescription drugs and several supplements I take daily. When I travel I usually put them in ziplock bags to save space rather than bringing the containers. Will I have any trouble getting into Canada if I have them in ziplock bags?
    You won't have a problem. This assumes that the label on the prescription drug container shows the name of the drugstore, hopefully the name of the doctor, and the contents.
    Never an issue internationally for me; you won't have an issue coming into Canada.
    Enjoy your stay in Canada!
    2014 ST Limited

Spyder Garage

You will if you get inspected thoroughly. Leave them in the original pharmacy containers. Don't tempt fate.

2014 Copper RTS