Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default DRUGS IN CANADA??

I have two prescription drugs and several supplements I take daily. When I travel I usually put them in ziplock bags to save space rather than bringing the containers. Will I have any trouble getting into Canada if I have them in ziplock bags?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default How do we pack drugs

Thats the same question i needed an answer to .
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At the very LEAST: take along copies of your prescriptions...
    But since that won't identify what is actually in the bags: you might want to reconsider not using the original containers.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

The odds of you being searched is probably pretty low but to be safe maybe you should keep them in the RX containers. I've crossed the border many times and have never been searched nor was anyone in our group of 10 Spyders on our Alaska trip. I have likely just jinxed myself but I've got nothing to hide! If you wear a full face helmet be prepared to remove it, they usually let you keep a modular on but the full face is a no go.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Canada

I just spent a month in London Ontario, I have been there a few time and was never searched, on this last trip I was randomly inspected and had most of my prescriptions in their bottles, I had one that I had in a zip bag and was warned that it is illegal not to have them accompanying their proper prescription, their reasoning was that it is too hard for them to identify them without testing them. And they are not in the habit of just taking your word for it.

I did have some in a pill box but I also had the original prescription bottles too.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 05-19-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

I was a narcotics officer awhile ago. The prescription bottle with the label is you license to possess the drugs. The date of the prescription and the number of pills left in the bottle should also coincide with the dosage.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Default Drugs?

It's the same here at home in the USA keep the prescriptions in the original container, and the label had better be for you, not your friend's name. Supplements, well they have them in the markets in Canada also. A few days without your vitamins won't harm you, ( even though my wife thinks otherwise). Considering the traffic in pills, it's better to keep thing simple.
    Canada is a wonderful place to visit, eye watering scenery, and lot's of good people, just like home. Have a grand trip!

Spyder Garage

Default GR8 INFO

GR8 INFO....
    i'm heading to Nova Scotia, and never thought about this...
    Thx John...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

i don't travel, but i was told either prescriptions or a letter from your doctor saying you take the medications
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

It is probably best to keep the pills in the original bottles for the duration of the trip. What happens will be determined by the people at the border crossings at that day and that time.

I have mentioned this before, but will again. Spouse and I were crossing from Skagway into Canada. Each on our own ,s. She rolled ahead before being asked. She got the full treatment. They went through all her saddlebags and trunk. Me, they just waved through. And I was carrying the prescriptions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default THANKS!

Thanks gang! Better to be safe than sorry. I'll carry all my drugs in their original containers.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last night I went through the process of sorting my meds into little zip-lock bags for each day. But I'll also bring my collection of bottles, in case I have to prove what they are. I take six in the morning and four at night, so just using the bottles is cumbersome. So I like to pre-sort them.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Last night I went through the process of sorting my meds into little zip-lock bags for each day. But I'll also bring my collection of bottles, in case I have to prove what they are. I take six in the morning and four at night, so just using the bottles is cumbersome. So I like to pre-sort them.
    Similar here. 12 in the AM and 4 PM. Lots and lots of bottles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Thanks gang! Better to be safe than sorry. I'll carry all my drugs in their original containers.
    A wise choice...
    Now: go have a memorable trip!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default UNLESS YOU LOOK QUESTIONABLE.....

Chances are you will have no trouble however to play it safe and
    get a printout from your doctors office that has all the drugs you have
    prescribed to you and take it with you.

I have two prescription drugs and several supplements I take daily. When I travel I usually put them in ziplock bags to save space rather than bringing the containers. Will I have any trouble getting into Canada if I have them in ziplock bags?

Spyder Garage

I have watched the show Border Security and whenever they encounter pills that are not in their original prescription container, the person was handcuffed and placed in a cell until they could confirm what they are. This happens at both sides. It is also good to have a copy of the prescription. Like someone said, it is unlikely that you will be searched, but if you are, you could spend a few hours there until things get worked out. Remember, you have two borders to go through during this trip. Ours and yours. What may be fine for your state may not be ok federally and could land you in jail. Better to err on the side of caution.

Spyder Garage

Reasons not to go. Looks like here?
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Your bottles label has the medication name as well as a description of the medication for identification
    depending on a few factors most pharmacies can print you a duplicate label and bottle for the needed medication
    as far as otc best to keep in a stock bottle if posisble
    yes this adds bulk however I identified medication is often assumed to be illicit and if not then it is presumed not to be yours
    smqe goes for pill boxes
    sucks but you gotta see it from an officers view

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Chances are you will have no trouble however to play it safe and
    get a printout from your doctors office that has all the drugs you have
    prescribed to you and take it with you.
    While a list is great it does nothing to identifiable small round and white tablets from other small round and white tablets

Spyder Garage

I think I will go to Express Scripts and print out my medication list - it lists all the mail order and local pharmacy fills, along with the prescribing physician (if you see more than one doctor). But I will take the meds in the bottle now.........
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

You must bring them in the original prescription bottles, even if you go to your drug store to get smaller labeled bottles. It is the same when we go to the US

Spyder Garage

Default Consider this......

In the state of Washington, Unlawful Possession of a Legend Drug is a Class C felony. A legend drug is any drug that requires you to have a prescription. Taking a legend drug, whether narcotic or otherwise and carrying them in any container other then the container issued by the hospital or pharmacy is illegal. This includes carrying them in those little plastic containers marked Sunday-Saturday that people use to store their weekly medications. The label on the container the medications come in, is basically your prescription, since it contains the patients name, name of the prescribing medical professional, name of the drug, the dosage, quantity prescribed, number of refills remaining, expiration date of the prescription and name and phone number of the dispensing hospital or pharmacy. I don't know what point of entry into Canada you intend to use, and it's true you may not be searched, but what if you are. What then? You are setting yourself up for a hassle of biblical proportions just because you didn't want to carry a couple of plastic bottles? Zip lock bags are so much more convenient. But at the end of the day, we all live with our choices and the consequences that come from those choices. I know what I would do.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Drug

Quote Originally Posted by MercerLake View Post
    It's the same here at home in the USA keep the prescriptions in the original container, and the label had better be for you, not your friend's name. Supplements, well they have them in the markets in Canada also. A few days without your vitamins won't harm you, ( even though my wife thinks otherwise). Considering the traffic in pills, it's better to keep thing simple.
    Canada is a wonderful place to visit, eye watering scenery, and lot's of good people, just like home. Have a grand trip!
    You are right

Spyder Garage

You will not have a problem. I live just outside Detroit and have crossed the border many times. If you put them in the ziplock bag, just make sure they are in the prescription bottles they came in. This is what I have always done, and unless you act awful suspicious, they won't even look.

2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

I would put them back in the bottles. A little extra time to take them out of the bottles when needed, may save you alot of headache if you are randomly searched. Besides, showing them the empty bottles doesn't mean that is what is in the baggies, and trust me, they don't like taking the time to explain things.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon