Spyder Garage

Default New to the spyder family

Just bought a brand new Yamaha Stryker (1300cc) about two months ago and my wife doesnt want to ride on it, so i surprised her on mothers day with a 2012 Spider RT Limited with 4000 miles.
    We both love the ride
    so far the best info here.
    btw, i was reading for a few days looking for a mods list and no luck, if anybody can point me on where to go would be appreciated.
    located in broward county, south east florida.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome and congrats on your 12 RT-L

You've got what you need right now, so ryde, ryde, ryde. Oh and visit the sponsors listed on the HOME page and many items will catch your eye. Only you and your passenger can prioritize your "farkles" but lighting and safety items seem to top the list for many. When you wear out your rear tire, pick a car tire that fits and hopefully your dealer, independent or your garage can make your new toy "your own"! CONGRATS
    Last edited by AeroPilot; 05-18-2017 at 03:39 PM. Reason: sp
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

and The 2012 RT is a good one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the PARTEEE!!!

The Strykers are pretty nice bikes.
    Will you keep it for those times that you just HAVE to lean over into a turn??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Forum and Spyder world, I recently got a '13 RTL and started with the TricLED Ultimate Safety Bundle that they were installing at Spyderfest. Safety was my first concern, especially night time riding. The bundle included the front DRL's on the A-Arms (they also flash yellow with turn signal), the front fender side amber and rear facing red LED's with the Turn signal Blinker Module, and the Rear side saddlebag and rear vertical run/brake/yellow turn signal facing the rear LED's with the programmable Rear Brake flasher module. Added the Turn signal mirror indicators, their Super loud 131 DB air horn with safety relay. They should see and hear me coming....

Since we'd already determined we were going to try several multi-day rides, we got their Frunk, Trunk, and Saddlebag organizers, and since I was planning on having my Cell mounted at the top of the dash, I got the TricLED dash mount with RAM mount balls..

Also got their Wide Vu convex mirror upgrades, and purchased the Magic Mirror mounts. AND got Squared Away by Joe and Ann.

So far I've felt my Spyder corners fine and haven't upgraded to a BajaRon Swaybar, but I'm not doubting their efficiency, just don't ride that hard... yet...

Did upgrade my rear tire and got some minor appearance farkles
    Last edited by DGoebel; 05-18-2017 at 06:12 PM.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Welcome to the Forum and Spyder world, I recently got a '13 RTL and started with the TricLED Ultimate Safety Bundle that they were installing at Spyderfest. Safety was my first concern, especially night time riding. The bundle included the front DRL's on the A-Arms (they also flash yellow with turn signal), the front fender side amber and rear facing red LED's with the Turn signal Blinker Module, and the Rear side saddlebag and rear vertical run/brake/yellow turn signal facing the rear LED's with the programmable Rear Brake flasher module. Added the Turn signal mirror indicators, their Super loud 131 DB air horn with safety relay. They should see and hear me coming....

Since we'd already determined we were going to try several multi-day rides, we got their Frunk, Trunk, and Saddlebag organizers, and since I was planning on having my Cell mounted at the top of the dash, I got the TricLED dash mount with RAM mount balls..

Also got their Wide Vu convex mirror upgrades, and purchased the Magic Mirror mounts. AND got Squared Away by Joe and Ann.

So far I've felt my Spyder corners fine and haven't upgraded to a BajaRon Swaybar, but I'm not doubting their efficiency, just don't ride that hard... yet...

Did upgrade my rear tire and got some minor appearance farkles

Sounds like a good set up, thanks

Spyder Garage

&

My first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5, it was a good one.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Red face Welcome from TricLED

Quote Originally Posted by speeed View Post
    Just bought a brand new Yamaha Stryker (1300cc) about two months ago and my wife doesnt want to ride on it, so i surprised her on mothers day with a 2012 Spider RT Limited with 4000 miles.
    We both love the ride
    btw, i was reading for a few days looking for a mods list and no luck, if anybody can point me on where to go would be appreciated.

Welcome to Spyder family from myself and TricLED team at Dublin, OH and Fort Laud, FL
    That sound like she has a nice Mother's day suprise and you got a great buy of 2012 w/ only 4000 miles!
    We need picture of her with the new ride...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy-TricLED View Post
    Welcome to Spyder family from myself and TricLED team at Dublin, OH and Fort Laud, FL
    That sound like she has a nice Mother's day suprise and you got a great buy of 2012 w/ only 4000 miles!
    We need picture of her with the new ride...

Are you located in fr lauderdale?
    whats the address?
    Last edited by speeed; 05-19-2017 at 08:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

and I'm new too and I am having a blast. I just wait for any excuse to ryde.

2016 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE6

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default we have shop at Davie/Ft Laud

Are you located in fr lauderdale?
    whats the address?

Hi Speeed, I'm sending you PM

Spyder Garage

We both love the ride
    I too started out on a 2012 RT Limited and have loved so far. It put the fun back into riding for me. Here is a list of what I have added to my Spyder all from suppliers listed here on the home page
    Sena Bluetooth dongle and radio interface wire:motorcycledave.com
    Sena paired Bluetooth headsets ( allow you to listen to radio/entertainment system and talk to each other in your helmets without any wires) :motorcycledave.com
    gel pad in seat (easy to mount yourself):motorcycledave. (turned a 2 hour seat into an all day seat for under $100.00)
    right side block off plate for heat on right foot:Spyderpops
    Kury. clamshell grips:Value Accessories
    trunk rack: Value Accessories. (I would not buy this again as there are now other racks around I like better,but this is personal. It is a quality rack and has served me well esp for the price)
    Power port to go in the empty hole in the middle below the handlebars: Pierre at Can Am Spyder Accessories
    Highway pegs and mounts: Lamonster Garage
    Laser Alignment (This is a MUST HAVE)Squared Away
    BajaRon anti sway bar (will take the twitchiness out and make cornering easier):BajaRon
    Wide angle mirrors(just installed love them):Tricled
    If you do your own service, I get all my maintenance supplies from BajaRon, oil filters, spark plugs, wires,air filters from him. You will find him and all the people listed on the home page to be very customer service oriented and just plain nice people to work with. I have been buying parts and accessories for motorcycles for over 50 years and have never been treated as well as the people here have treated me.
    So look over the offerings on the home page,let your wife ride her Spyder for a while and then decide what things she needs to make it hers.
    Welcome to the funderful world of Spyders and ryde ryde ryde.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

To both the spyder world and this most informative site. Congrats on the new ryde.. Ryde and enjoy the miles of smiles and rock star status then look into all the possiblities of mods and farkles. I can tell you there is a progression of Safety and handling, comfort and entertainment followed by bells and whistles...and you can find it all here with our vendor/sponsors. Just no list...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I too started out on a 2012 RT Limited and have loved so far. It put the fun back into riding for me. Here is a list of what I have added to my Spyder all from suppliers listed here on the home page
    Sena Bluetooth dongle and radio interface wire:motorcycledave.com
    Sena paired Bluetooth headsets ( allow you to listen to radio/entertainment system and talk to each other in your helmets without any wires) :motorcycledave.com
    gel pad in seat (easy to mount yourself):motorcycledave. (turned a 2 hour seat into an all day seat for under $100.00)
    right side block off plate for heat on right foot:Spyderpops
    Kury. clamshell grips:Value Accessories
    trunk rack: Value Accessories. (I would not buy this again as there are now other racks around I like better,but this is personal. It is a quality rack and has served me well esp for the price)
    Power port to go in the empty hole in the middle below the handlebars: Pierre at Can Am Spyder Accessories
    Highway pegs and mounts: Lamonster Garage
    Laser Alignment (This is a MUST HAVE)Squared Away
    BajaRon anti sway bar (will take the twitchiness out and make cornering easier):BajaRon
    Wide angle mirrors(just installed love them):Tricled
    If you do your own service, I get all my maintenance supplies from BajaRon, oil filters, spark plugs, wires,air filters from him. You will find him and all the people listed on the home page to be very customer service oriented and just plain nice people to work with. I have been buying parts and accessories for motorcycles for over 50 years and have never been treated as well as the people here have treated me.
    So look over the offerings on the home page,let your wife ride her Spyder for a while and then decide what things she needs to make it hers.
    Welcome to the funderful world of Spyders and ryde ryde ryde.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Spyder Garage

Cool

I purchased a 2012 RT used last year, I love it. The 2012's are a great model year. Congrats.

2012 RT A&C, 2 Rear Speakers, Chrome Upgrades, Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Corbin Custom Leather Seat,
    Kurykan Iso Handle Bars, Driver floorboards and foot pegs.