Spyder Garage

Default Sam's Club Now Selling Trailers?

saw this trailer today at Sam's Club. priced cheap if you need a trailer.

says it's 6'4 inside x 10'

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/karava...rod20301097.ip
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post THAT TRAILER

WOW - that has some really neat features like the drop down sides and a killer price ..... I wonder if it's a torsion axel or leaf springs....... they are pretty skimpy on the specs ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

How much? Im not a member but im still curious

Spyder Garage

Default $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    How much? Im not a member but im still curious
    $ 1295.00 ...... a bargain imho ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

try getting a title for it. Read some of the feedback.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    try getting a title for it. Read some of the feedback.

find the store manager and I am sure someone would sign off on it. if not then return it ... pretty simple
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it's for intermittent use only: it IS a great deal!
    But if I was buying a trailer that was going to get a fair amount of use: I'd rather buy from a company with a bit more of a "track record" in delivering high quality trailers.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default QUALITY TRAILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If it's for intermittent use only: it IS a great deal!
    But if I was buying a trailer that was going to get a fair amount of use: I'd rather buy from a company with a bit more of a "track record" in delivering high quality trailers.
    Bob, I've heard about Karavan trailers for as long as I can remember, they've been doing boat trailers since 86 ( 21 yrs ) ....... as far as " track " record - they don't race them ........... If you have specific knowledge that they are poorly made , then state it - otherwise DON'T lead people away from something that fills a need for less money ....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-19-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

I looked at that trailer at my local SC. Might not bad for a occasional use trailer.

My thoughts.

The hinges and latches on the fold down rails are skimpy, and your defiantly not going to tie down your load to those rails without doing damage.

The gate needs more supports. That expanded metal isn't as strong as you think. It will sag if your running something heavy up that gate frequently. The gate takes the most abuse on a trailer if your using it for a 4wheeler, UTV, ect.
    I've rebuilt the gates on every trailer I've owned because they just don't hold up.

Now, I use my trailers everyday from spring to fall, and I can guarantee you that gate wouldn't last a week taking one of my mowers on and off several times a day.

So, for occasional use, maybe. But add some bracing to that gate. I'd still buy from a reputable trailer dealer long before I'd recommend this trailer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Bob, I've heard about Karavan trailers for as long as I can remember, they've been doing boat trailers since 86 ( 21 yrs ) ....... as far as " track " record - they don't race them ........... If you have specific knowledge that they are crap , then state it - otherwise DON'T lead people away from something that fills a need for less money ....... Mike
    Mike,

Don't think Bob said anything about them being "crap". He simply stated his opinion. that if used more then occasionally, he'd buy something else.

I agree with him 100%

Now go have a couple deviled eggs. Your getting cranky.
    Last edited by mowin; 05-19-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default THE KARAVAN IN QUESTION

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    I looked at that trailer at my local SC. Might not bad for a occasional use trailer.

My thoughts.

The hinges and latches on the fold down rails are skimpy, and your defiantly not going to tie down your load to those rails without doing damage.

The gate needs more supports. That expanded metal isn't as strong as you think. It will sag if your running something heavy up that gate frequently. The gate takes the most abuse on a trailer if your using it for a 4wheeler, UTV, ect.
    I've rebuilt the gates on every trailer I've owned because they just don't hold up.

Now, I use my trailers everyday from spring to fall, and I can guarantee you that gate wouldn't last a week taking one of my mowers on and off several times a day.

So, for occasional use, maybe. But add some bracing to that gate. I'd still buy from a reputable trailer dealer long before I'd recommend this trailer.
    OK, Now we have some hands on ...eye's on .... knowledge ........ I only saw a Pic and what was in the desc. which I said was minimal ..... But I have seen other Karavan trailers ...mostly Snow-mobile and Boat type and I thought they were well made and sturdy ........... maybe they have gone el-cheapo ....... Thanks for the heads -up ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

with Rob, I never said anything horrible about them; I just know from my own personal experience, that there are better trailers available...
    Is that better?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    OK, Now we have some hands on ...eye's on .... knowledge ........ I only saw a Pic and what was in the desc. which I said was minimal ..... But I have seen other Karavan trailers ...mostly Snow-mobile and Boat type and I thought they were well made and sturdy ........... maybe they have gone el-cheapo ....... Thanks for the heads -up ...... Mike
    I agree karavan is well known for there snowmobile trailers. But in my experience, when a company makes a product specifically for a big box store, it usually takes a dip in quality.

I'm actually looking at a new landscape trailers. Mine is a 2013. It's getting tired. Looking at Cam and bwise.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The SC trailer is a "utility" trailer, like someone said, for intermittent use - like landscapers, etc. But I've used a similar steel trailer to haul a Spyder. You'd tie down to the frame, not the rails.

Before I bought my Aluma 7210 trailer, I looked at some similar aluminum utility trailers at big-box home improvement stores. They were similarly priced. So I'm not sure this one is that much a bargain. At least not around here.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    I agree karavan is well known for there snowmobile trailers.
    That's what we used for towing our sleds: the bearings never lasted an entire season.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have run their boat trailers before, never an issue.