Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default LOUDEST EXHAUST ON F3?

Just curious what the most pronounced (loud, yet classy) exhaust is on the market for the F3!?!

Include your audio files too!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

I have a two bros on mine but it was still pretty quiet until I got the cat replacement pipe
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/perfo...ent-pipe-1330/

it is a must if you want to get any sound out of you F3. I am in Sorrento (near mount dora) if you want to hear my F3T.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pushrod243 View Post
    I have a two bros on mine but it was still pretty quiet until I got the cat replacement pipe
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/perfo...ent-pipe-1330/

it is a must if you want to get any sound out of you F3. I am in Sorrento (near mount dora) if you want to hear my F3T.
    Thanks for your post. Sending you an inbox message.
    HAND'S UP:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The primary muffler contains the most restrictive elements in the exhaust path. The OEM muffler on the F3-S is a dual perforated tube, glass packed, straight through flow: the exhaust enters to make an immediate right angle turn and then exits via the twin perforated tubes. According to calculations it should easily flow in excess of 125 hp.

Pitbull had a performance exhaust that is loud. The aforementioned Two Brothers is also loud. IMHO they are ear-splitting harse. Check out another thread in this forum section where various combinations were objectively reviewed. I'll try to find and post the link.

Another forumite makes a metal baffled system. I cannot personally vouch for it but it would seem to have merit on its design.

Wayne
    Last edited by pauly1; 05-19-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHands View Post
    Just curious what the most pronounced (loud, yet classy) exhaust is on the market for the F3!?!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
    Need to find someone with a Punisher exhaust. My cousin had one of his F3. He got rid of it. Too loud. Will make your ears bleed.
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Loudest? I'm looking to go quieter from my stock pipes. Any thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    Coast with key off
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    I'm also not a fan of loud pipes: they tend to aggravate everybody around you...

What the Hell:

Whatever floats Your Goat.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

We have an Akrapovic muffler installed by the dealer on our 2016 F3T; also an Akrapovic muffler on the 2014 RTL but
    with a cat-delete pipe from Lamonster.

The set-up on the RTL is slightly louder especially when you open-up the throttle on acceleration but not objectionable.
    2017 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
    2016 Spyder F3T
    2014 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Indian Scout
    2014 Honda 300 Forza

Spyder Garage

My opinion there is not any muffler that sounds good on the 1330
    At least that i have heard

Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    The primary muffler contains the most restrictive elements in the exhaust path. The OEM muffler on the F3-S is a dual perforated tube, glass packed, straight through flow: the exhaust enters to make an immediate right angle turn and then exits via the twin perforated tubes. According to calculations it should easily flow in excess of 125 hp.

Pitbull had a performance exhaust that is loud. The aforementioned Two Brothers is also loud. IMHO they are ear-splitting harse. Check out another thread in this forum section where various combinations were objectively reviewed. I'll try to find and post the link.

Another forumite makes a metal baffled system. I cannot personally vouch for it but it would seem to have merit on its design.

Wayne
    I thought it would be fun to have a louder exhaust than my stock 2016 F3L. So after talking with the good folks at Pitbull, made the trip out there to have them install their exhaust system, sound unheard. I was thrilled the the new sound from my Spyder. However, somewhere during the 700+ mile trip home the thrill began to turn to annoyance. I liked the sound at idle and in town speeds, but after several months I could not live with it at highway speeds. Plus I had begun to wonder what all that noice was going to do to my hearing; one of the few things that still worked as it is supposed to with this 76 year old body...I called Pitbull and asked them to send the stock exhaust to my home, which they readily did, at no charge I should add, other than the shipping cost itself. And just to clarify in case I have not already done so, this is in not in any way a negative reflection on the Pitbull product, nor the way it was represented to me, nor their customer service. Indeed, they went beyond what I had expected to help me correct MY mistake

TomG

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Benggolf View Post
    We have an Akrapovic muffler installed by the dealer on our 2016 F3T; also an Akrapovic muffler on the 2014 RTL but
    with a cat-delete pipe from Lamonster.

The set-up on the RTL is slightly louder especially when you open-up the throttle on acceleration but not objectionable.
    Interesting... How does the "Akra" sound on the F3, with the catalytic converter still in place?
    I'm not a fan of "louder", and I realize that "better" is a completely subjective yardstick...
    But it IS fun to look for an improvement!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-20-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Loud is not "classy" it's "obnoxious". Perhaps a V-twin would be more suitable if your craving attention.

No one likes "LOUD" unless you are the one making the noise.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyderattitude.com is a site sponsor and those are plenty loud and attractive as well.

Personally I also like the Tailgunner pipes.

Joe
    Last edited by Buckeye Bleau; 05-21-2017 at 03:55 PM.
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Loud is not "classy" it's "obnoxious". Perhaps a V-twin would be more suitable if your craving attention.

​Jack
    I agree. Been there, done that. I "outgrew" all of that muffler replacement stuff after I sold my Harley.
    My experience has been, if you change the exhaust, you must change the intake (air filter), if you change that, you must change the map or get some sort of fuel maintenance such as a power commander. In other words, one thing leads to another. Open your wallet. Or be happy with what you have. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    Last edited by deer30084; 05-20-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

First of all, my initial post was a survey to inquire about other louder exhausts on the market. LOUD can mean different things to different people. I'm certainly not looking for any ear bleeding disturbing exhaust for my F3. I've had louder than stock exhaust on bikes in the past that were nowhere close to being a nuisance. That's why I said along the lines of being "Classy" rather than painfully obnoxious. I'm not a 20 year old looking to turn heads of everyone on the road. It's the whole additional "lights and sound" providing added presence onboard.

I've been a bit reluctant to do anything to manipulate the OEM setup.

Just an inquiry!!!
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

​Jack
    Depends on how you define LOUD. I've actually had people say how glad they were to have "heard" me come up beside them. The exhaust did not make anyone crimp their eyebrows or want to release varying forms of profanity. Just added presence in a tasteful kind of way.
    HAND'S UP:

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

First of all, my initial post was a survey to inquire about other louder exhausts on the market. LOUD can mean different things to different people. I'm certainly not looking for any ear bleeding disturbing exhaust for my F3. I've had louder than stock exhaust on bikes in the past that were nowhere close to being a nuisance. That's why I said along the lines of being "Classy" rather than painfully obnoxious. I'm not a 20 year old looking to turn heads of everyone on the road. It's the whole additional "lights and sound" providing added presence onboard.

I've been a bit reluctant to do anything to manipulate the OEM setup.

Just an inquiry!!!
    I liked your post I thought that it was a valid question of inquiry. Personally, I don't want LOUD pipes either but I would prefer to have something that sounds a little less like a sewing machine and more like an internal combustion engine. Just my HO.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I liked your post I thought that it was a valid question of inquiry. Personally, I don't want LOUD pipes either but I would prefer to have something that sounds a little less like a sewing machine and more like an internal combustion engine. Just my HO.

Joe
    Thanks. Indeed!!!
    HAND'S UP:

Spyder Garage

Default HMF pipe

IMG_0481.jpgIMG_0480.jpgIMG_0490.jpg
    I put an HMF pipe on my F3-S and liked it , but it was a little harsh . So I put a QQ Big City Thunder baffle in it and for me it took the harshness away , it now has a deep tone and pulls real strong all the way thru . For me l love this pipe deep throaty when your want it to be and great when cruising .
    2015 F3S , silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really like my Pit Bull system. I don't think it is too loud, and have had no complaints. I like it better than the OEM and the delete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Spyderattitude.com is a site sponsor and those are plenty loud and attractive as well.

Personally I also like the Tailgunner pipes.

Joe
    Spyderattitude is very attractive after the paint peals off during the first hour of use. Their exhaust does increase in volume as the rust holes appear during the first year, ya just need to be patient. Wonderful product
    Last edited by Crisis; 05-23-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

Yup! There are two sides to the "loud" vs. "stock" pipes argument. Interestingly, my brother and I had that same conversation a week ago. He is "for" and I am "not."

It's like politics and religion. The arguments will always be there and it is difficult to "convert" anyone from their position.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Interesting... How does the "Akra" sound on the F3, with the catalytic converter still in place?
    I'm not a fan of "louder", and I realize that "better" is a completely subjective yardstick...
    But it IS fun to look for an improvement!
    I have the Akra that was originally for the RT on my F3 with Cat still in place, it has a very nice tone, a bit louder but not obnoxious.
    To be perfectly honest, I agree with bmccaffrey, it is hard to make a triple sound good, removing cat and adding a straight through pipe
    seems to give it a more high pitched sound more like a sporty 4 cylinder car. Just my opinion
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I have the Akra that was originally for the RT on my F3 with Cat still in place, it has a very nice tone, a bit louder but not obnoxious.
    To be perfectly honest, I agree with bmccaffrey, it is hard to make a triple sound good, removing cat and adding a straight through pipe
    seems to give it a more high pitched sound more like a sporty 4 cylinder car. Just my opinion

I also have Akra Straight Shot silencer and cat still in place. I really love the sound, it is louder than stock exhaust, but not too loud. It has a nice deep rumble ...

I found a interesting comparison of exhaust sounds (stock vs Akra + cat on and off) from Youtube:

Allan