Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TRLBLZR1 View Post
    Newbie here..... (on 3 wheels/this forum anyways)

With quite a bit of experience in powersports, prior to purchase I too was concerned with regards to how 3 wheels would "hold the road."
    (We have crowned roads here, albeit subtle for the most part. Yet the road contour seems to have no noticeable effects.)

I must be one of the lucky ones... Just seems to drive like it's on rails!
    (I honestly never even think about steering input etc., just does exactly as I think.)

Haven't had a single situation yet where I notice any kind of drift whatsoever.
    Maybe it's the model and/or the drag bars? Maybe the laser alignment, maybe the new tires....
    And it could be that I spent 35 years tearing around on snowmobile trails and riding sport bikes.

Handlebar design may have a lot to do with riding experience/road feedback. Narrower swept-back bars (unlike mine) may tend to make rider pull on them instead of pushing? And I'd wager that could leave the driver fighting the road & crown, instead of not noticing it. ~ Can't tell you why, but I just knew the drag bars were going to be the right choice for me. And that's why I ended up with the model I chose. They came stock on the unit.

As for tracking etc:
    The only time I think mine exhibits "sub-par" handling is if you do a quick subtle left/right "jitter" on the bars which creates a slight wobble, that disappears almost instantly. (caused by low tire pressure specs.)
    (And from reading these forums, I now know the reason for the weird vibration that I've only encountered several times in my first few hundred miles. Belt vibration. ~ Thought it was the road lol.)

The other day (without even thinking about it), after showing a friend my new ride as I drove off I gave a 2 <thumbs up> with both hands out like an eagle, high in the air, maybe @ 50 mph coming out of a very subtle LH turn? Wasn't even thinking about it, wasn't planned. Just a reaction. (Only sharing this because that's how confident this particular machine tracks. And no, I don't make it a practice of doing this. But I do frequently find myself at slower speeds "one-handing" the bar/throttle side around town on banked roads with almost 0 effort.) ~ Yep, I'm "old school" & use my left hands as secondary directional/stop indicators.

FWIW: I didn't buy a spyder with the idea of replacing a motorcycle. More along the lines of it being a "snowmowheel." (That's what I actually call it/use to describe it to friends.)
    To me, it handles like an almost perfectly setup performance trail sled on good groomed snow. ~ And there are major similarities as to how it is driven: Body position,, steering and leaning in particular.

All I can add is: @ 52 yrs. old, I find my F3-S (paddle shift model) more fun to drive than any dirt bike, sport-bike, snowmobile, ATV or watercraft I've ever owned/demo'd. Maybe I'm showing my age?
    you are def one of the lucky ones. I can tell you our drifting is not rider input. In fact if i gently let go of the bars on a smooth crowned road, it immediately drifts to the right, and it would def ride right off the road if i let it. Flat roads are fine. Hence the entire reason for my original post here. Coming from two wheels where this doesnt happen i just needed to know if this is just the way these things are. And the answers i get are mixed tbh. Ya i know, the worst offenders are bike people. I get that. New tires will be ordered and after that im done complaining, one way or the other.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Now that ive spelled it out clearly...gotta love how people assume.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    When you DON'T spell it out clearly, some assumptions are pretty normal.

Two things then:

Forums like this are MAGNETS for the few people who have difficult problems.
    The folks who have NO complaints have no incentive to come here and say that so many problems LOOK larger than they ARE.

The 3 wheel stance of the Spyder makes small tire irregularities seem large, especially for those folks who haven't "gotten used to" the different riding feel yet.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Coming from two wheels where this doesnt happen
    YOu are absolutely wrong about that.
    IF.....your brain didn't automatically correct for the crown with a little body lean or shift in body weight, your two wheeled bike absolutely would track to the right too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    YOu are absolutely wrong about that.
    IF.....your brain didn't automatically correct for the crown with a little body lean or shift in body weight, your two wheeled bike absolutely would track to the right too.
    youre def right about that. I guess the body English is different with three wheels. Ive tried all kinds of weight shifting, shape shifting, magic spells, pleading, bargaining, lol. No success yet