Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
So after finally straightening out a trans oil filter issue on our new 2016 leftover SE6 F3L, we are now able to ride it a bit. Aside from the immense difference from a motorcycle, my biggest issue is the constant pulling to the right. It honestly detracts from the enjoyment by about 50%. Ive posted and complained already and most people are saying get a ROLO laser done. The nearest one is about three hours away and if this is just the way these Spyders react to road crowning then i dont want to waste a day and the money just to have it still pull to the right on crowned roads. Ive tried swapping out the right wheel from a spare set i have and its basically the same. On perfectly flat roads its hardly there. But almost all roads here are crowned for rain runoff. I find it hard to believe that this is the way it should handle when on crowned roads.
Is this just the way they are? None of my other vehicles do this. Im just trying to decide if im chasing my tail and this is just the way they are or if i should pursue it a bit.

Hi
Here's my story. I had a new 2013 RT. Right outta the box, I had steering issues. Toe out was real bad. I was all over the road. A laser alignment cured it. Upgraded to a 2014 RT and found a drift to the right issue. The dealer tried all sorts of stuff. Lazer alignment, swap wheels, I even tried a coupla extra lbs. in the right tire, you name it, all no good.
I took the machine to the guy who did the 2013 RT. Turns out the BUDS system detected the spyder's steering sensor indicated when going straight the sensor said I was steering to the LEFT. The alignment was adjusted to the right. Don't know how he dealer missed that.
Once discovered, problem corrected. The moral, research a good machanic. Even if you gotta ride to get there.
I would suggest an alignment along with a BUDS check.
Good luck
Ron