Thread: F-3 brakes

Spyder Garage

Default F-3 brakes

The brakes on our F-3 S are squealing like mad. When I hit the brakes hard, it takes a dive to the right. I only have about 7200 miles on this this bike, do I need new brakes and a caliper? The Kenda tires don't even need replaced yet. What is going on? Where do I get the new brakes for the Spyder?

Spyder Garage

Default SAME

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    The brakes on our F-3 S are squealing like mad. When I hit the brakes hard, it takes a dive to the right. I only have about 7200 miles on this this bike, do I need new brakes and a caliper? The Kenda tires don't even need replaced yet. What is going on? Where do I get the new brakes for the Spyder?

I had the same issue.... my left front pads were gone at 17,000 miles and ruined the disc... the right side pads still had more than 50% left on them... i replaced the disc ($150) and pads on both sides... keep in mind, brakes are NOT covered under your warranty....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Semper Fi the same is happening with my F3-S. Take it to your local dealer and get them to have a look at your pads and discs. I did this and my dealer had to replace all break pads, rear pads were down to the metal, this explained why spyder was diving to the right when braking hard. I have to go back at some point because they said rear disc would need to be replaced due to it being scored. Since having new break pads the squealing is so bad. The mileage on my F3-S is 9500 and all three tyres are orginals from brand new. This is not the first time my F3-S sqeals this happened on old brake pads.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame