JohnnyK's Powersports couldn't reproduce the issue. I picked up the bike after the additional maintenance, including fixing the 1/4" misalignment in both front wheels after having hit the deer. On the way home, I was able to reproduce the problem again. Not frequently, but it did happen.

So I called JohnnyK's and told them what was going on. I asked if there was any way I could call BRP directly. They gave me the number to customer service.

I called and explained what was happening, and told them JohnnyK's couldn't reproduce it. They told me that JohnnyK's was a Platinum Dealer, and they definitely know what they are doing. "If it happens again, have it towed" is what I was to do. Sure!

Two hours later, I get a call from JohnnyK's. I am to bring the bike in. BRP called them and said they had never heard of this before, but after reviewing the engineering drawings, they could see where it would be possible. They want the entire left control cluster replaced under warranty (which had just expired 3 days earlier)!