Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Saddle Bags for 2016 RS

I have a 2016 RS and want to add some saddle bags for storage. The ones from Can Am are way to expensive. Any suggestions welcomed. The easier the installation, the better.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BernieB627 View Post
    I have a 2016 RS and want to add some saddle bags for storage. The ones from Can Am are way to expensive. Any suggestions welcomed. The easier the installation, the better.
    check ebay that how I found mine... jtpollock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The ones from Can Am are the same ones that Givi makes. Search the internet for Givi V35 side cases.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BernieB627 View Post
    I installed these on my 08 GS/RS/ made by Mutazu bags.jpgI added the decals and the BRP emblem.
    David

Spyder Garage

Default HARD or SOFT

HARD or SOFT bags...???
    there are many motorcycle websites with a plethora of choices....
    i buy a lot of my accessories from CYCLE GEAR, https://www.cyclegear.com/?gclid=CMC...FQJqMgodJh4AHg and the Sedici soft bags I have, worked out just gr8 for me...

these bags hold 5 days of under-clothing, 2 pair of jeans, 2 sweatshirts, bath & med items, sneakers, hankies, and other things i just can't remember now....
    if you want HARD bags, keep in mind that the mounting hardware will remain when bags are not in use....
    happy shopping....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Are you sure you want to
    Install hard bags. They really change the
    look of the RS.....

Spyder Garage

The panniers from BRP are Givi V35's but the mounting brackets are different. I've got the Givi mounting kit but would say the BRP one is better designed. The Givi ones place the indicators onto the rear mudguard which isn't ideal.

Before I had the Hard Luggage I used Givi 100 throwover saddlebags. The problem with all throwovers are the position of the rear indicators, as these sit about half way along the rear pillion seat. This means unless you move the indicators any throw-over pannier is going to sit quite forward be in the way of the pillions legs. This is fine if you ride solo but obviously not so good two up. There are probably some that fit better than others so if you do go this route check them out at a bike shop to see what works.

Spyder Garage

I am planning to use my old motorcycle soft bags and mount them under the seat. We bought them and used them only once because then we bought a new motorcycle that did not need them.

I am planning on riding 1,500+ miles on Memorial weekend to Ozark Mountains in Arkansas so i will test it well and i will let you know if i like them.
    ---Marta ----

2017 Spyder F3-S Daytona 500 SM6 "BumbleBee"
    2007 Honda 919
    2012 Spyder RS-S SM5 angry orange