Thread: hauling trailer

Spyder Garage

Default hauling trailer

Hello, has anyone had success finding a hauling trailer for the RT? I checked out the Ultimate Trailer and it is awesome as well as it's price.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Check out thread I started a week or so ago.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...uling-a-Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by garyleblanc1 View Post
    Hello, has anyone had success finding a hauling trailer for the RT? I checked out the Ultimate Trailer and it is awesome as well as it's price.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default hauling trailer

Quote Originally Posted by gazunni View Post
    Check out thread I started a week or so ago.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...uling-a-Spyder

thanks

Spyder Garage

Default hauling trailer

thanks
    Just go to a place that sell trailers, and tell them you need a 10ft long tail and 6 ft inside width with a loading gate ! You have to put some boards on the outer edge on the ground where your front wheels drive up on the rear gate to keep your nose of the spyder from hitting the gate before your front wheels get to it. Cost of trailer $1250 or less! Cut you 4 pieces of 2x6 boards about 12 inches long! No cost on boards use scraps boards! Get one with a hinged rear gate, and it will save you on cost of gas pulling it! Tie front wheels down both forward and backward using tie downs and you are in business!

Spyder Garage

One more thread to check out. Sam's Club.. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...lling-Trailers
    2015 RT LTD-Black: Belt Guard, SS Radiator Mesh & knott Grilles, Doc's Vib Damper, BS Mirrors, TricLED H-Lights, Brake & Mirror Turn Signals, FOBO, SpyderPops Bumpskid & LEDs, BajaRon Sway Bar & Billet Links, Lidlox, ISCI Hand Brake, Dual USB outlets, RamMounts, X Grip, Fuzeblock, Shortie Antenna, Alarm, Merlot's Mirror Magnets, Radar/Laser Detection, NBV Gripper Pegs, Shorty Windshield, Nautilus Horn, Gremlin Bell, Dig Clock & Voltmeter, GoPro, Nomad trailer & BRP Hitch, KradelLock, AirHawk R.

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what we use for our RT

We looked at trailers for years....pricing out an Ultimate was much more expensive than what paid for our Droptail Trailer...we have used our Droptail trailer for 2 years now with no issues.

Good luck in your selection...there are a lot of good trailers out there !

Previous Posting on our trailer:

Get the dimensions and literature: http://www.droptailtrailers.com/

I use it for EITHER the Spyder or the Gold Wing. I must use the center position for the Gold Wing as it will not fit on the left or right side of the trailer due to length. We trailer our 2014 RT Limited with no problem with this trailer and it "noses" up in the V part of the trailer against our 20" stone guard (which is optional). The 4 pictures added at bottom were just a couple months ago....note that I do NOT transport with the cover on it. I only cover the Spyder when leaving it out overnight! Also, all the tie down straps were removed at this time as it was parked. It is a steel trailer that folds and has aluminum decking.

We use a Droptail trailer. I really like that it folds and stores upright in the garage and NO ramps needed - built in. Works well for the Spyder with the low clearance. The back of the trailer hydraulically lowers and the built in rear gate folds down to extend the ramp portion. Easy to use. Our Spyder RT just fits and the nose of the Spyder fits in the V part of the front of the trailer. Not a lot of spare room, but works well. The Spyder fills the whole trailer even though this is a "two up" motorcycle trailer. A bonus for us is that our Gold Wing can be hauled on this trailer (with the use of the wheel chock that is included with the trailer) as well - however, only one bike at a time (unless you have two - 2 wheel motorcycles that are "short" enough). There is a standard 8 inch stone guard and an optional 20" stone guard. I did add the 20" stone guard on our trailer. Also, we purchased an optional spare tire which bolts to the bottom of the trailer. It has a steel frame with an aluminum deck with lots of tie down points!

Here's some info on the model number and a few pics: Drop - Tail "Two - Up" Cruiser / Sport Bike Trailer, model number: 03-DCT2200-02

Good luck on your choice of trailers - there are a lot of good trailers out there that work!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Enclosed trailer for us. All aluminum, 7x12, with brakes. Barely weighs more than the Spyder. Once you get to where you want. You have the added security of the trailer to park the Spyder. Another added benefit. The Spyder is out of the elements. Both when towing it, parking it. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Enclosed trailer for us. All aluminum, 7x12, with brakes. Barely weighs more than the Spyder. Once you get to where you want. You have the added security of the trailer to park the Spyder. Another added benefit. The Spyder is out of the elements. Both when towing it, parking it. Tom
    What Brand, Make, Model is it, Always helps to have someone else's specific suggestion, I'm hoping this cost less than the Ultimate Trailer the OP was referring to.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    What Brand, Make, Model is it, Always helps to have someone else's specific suggestion, I'm hoping this cost less than the Ultimate Trailer the OP was referring to.

I paid $5500. Forest River Lightning. Weighs approx. 1300 lbs.. It was on the lot. Already had the "motorcycle pkg.. Drop down tailgate with a transition flap. I highly recommend brakes. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Just go to a place that sell trailers, and tell them you need a 10ft long tail and 6 ft inside width with a loading gate ! You have to put some boards on the outer edge on the ground where your front wheels drive up on the rear gate to keep your nose of the spyder from hitting the gate before your front wheels get to it. Cost of trailer $1250 or less! Cut you 4 pieces of 2x6 boards about 12 inches long! No cost on boards use scraps boards! Get one with a hinged rear gate, and it will save you on cost of gas pulling it! Tie front wheels down both forward and backward using tie downs and you are in business!
    Heck I don't even need boards. With the trailer hooked up, simply crank the trailer jack up. It will lift your tow vehicle a bit, but it will decrease the angle of the ramp enough to load/unload without the nose touching as you do so. Put a single strap over the top of each tire (in the travel direction) cinch it down and you're good to go. No need to spend a bunch of unnecessary cash on a fancy "Spyder" trailer.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I agree with you.I have an enclosed trailer,Its steel and weighs a bit more but i like the security plus it,s out of the weather.It,s a Halmark and tows great behind my Tundra.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

If you're driving a $40,000 vehicle, with a $30,000 plus Spyder, why on Earth would you want to tow with a $1,250 (or less) trailer? If you have the money for that setup, surely $5,000 for a sturdy, well built, cool looking trailer makes sense. And you don't look like a cheapie. Just sayin'

Spyder Garage

Default 14x7 Stealth

Plenty room for RT and extra things you may want to haul. Why leave your machine open to the elements
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage
    2013 sts , Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

nice trailers folks ! I picked the 1250 pull trailer , and will use it for a lot of other things , like mulch hauling , will take about 2 or 3 loads , fence panel buys , { and for the neighbor who needs a trailer rental about 50 dollars , paid off if you have 2,ooo friends or a lot of busy ones )

Spyder Garage

Went with the Iron Horsse trailer and it's worth every penny. Tows fantastic and looks awesome

Spyder Garage

Default Ultimate trailer

If you keep looking you can find a good deal on a Ultimate trailer. I just picked one up that had little use for $2,100.00 and the guy gave me an OEM cover for the bike and a set of intercoms. I have to admit, pulling that trailer is a great experience. You truly don't even know it's back there. There is no jerking when you hit bumps or starting out or stopping... Best trailer I've ever owned for a bike (I've been riding bikes for over 50 years). I pull it behind my RV when we are RV'ing and it's light enough that I can unload the bike and then push the trailer into our parking spot easily.

Your mileage my vary and to each his own.

Spyder Garage

These are a couple of photos of the 6' by 12' trailer with a dove tail and folding ramp I purchased for under $2,000.00. Still have to use 2 short boards so the front end will not hit the ramp when loading. The 6' wide trailer tucks in good behind the pick-up and does not catch much wind. I had to order the 6' wide trailer.

20161023_114951.jpg20161023_115015-1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default ???

[QUOTE=RZ-Jackrabbit;1272146]These are a couple of photos of the 6' by 12' trailer with a dove tail and folding ramp I purchased for under $2,000.00. Still have to use 2 short boards so the front end will not hit the ramp when loading. The 6' wide trailer tucks in good behind the pick-up and does not catch much wind. I had to order the 6' wide trailer.

20161023_114951.jpg20161023_115015-1.jpg[/
    What ever works for u is ok. I would not want a trailer with ramps that are useless. I dont want to pack boards around to load Spyder

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Google "Aluma TK1 Trike Trailer". Lightweight, rock guard, easy on-off and about $2500 depending upon where you buy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I've got an Iron Horse

[QUOTE=R30SHIRE;1260572]Went with the Iron Horsse trailer and it's worth every penny. Tows fantastic and looks awesome[/QUOT

I've got an IronHorse Load1N Go for my Harley. Unfortunately it's too narrow to haul a Spyder. Which one do you have?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Will the RT 622 Fit

Quote Originally Posted by RinconRyder View Post
    Google "Aluma TK1 Trike Trailer". Lightweight, rock guard, easy on-off and about $2500 depending upon where you buy.
    With the Spyder on the trailer, would the RT 622 trailer for the Spyder fit in the bed of a Toyota Tacoma?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    With the Spyder on the trailer, would the RT 622 trailer for the Spyder fit in the bed of a Toyota Tacoma?
    No idea.

Spyder's front width, wheel to wheel, is 54". Trailer is a bit wider. You would have to measure the Tacoma bed to see if it would fit (and remember that the tailgate is probably a few inches less wide than the bed).