Spyder Garage

Default Installed new belt tensioner/vibration damper

I was one of those who had no real bad vibration on my 2015 RT like I did on my 2012 and thought maybe they did something about it at BRP. Well, even if they did I have to agree with those who said they didn't realize the difference it would make until they put it on. All I can say is...."holy crap!!!" What there was is now gone. I used Doc Humphrey's complete kit, but I suppose any of the tensioners would make a difference even if you don't notice any BAD vibration. What my dealer told me before about it voiding my drive train warranty was bogus according to BRP. The tensioner is not covered, and if it broke and damaged something THAT would not be covered. BRP's tensioner would be covered however, but I didn't like the look of the plastic quality. BRP isn't known for cheaply made parts, so I'm surprised at their tensioner. Bottom line, a tensioner/damper does make a difference. A pretty large one.
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the "Smoother Ryde" club!!