Default MISSION

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I salute you on a mission accomplished!

flag-salute-silhouette.jpg
    ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....... Mike

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I agree. Bruce

Spyder Garage

X 4 Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Dennis

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Default RFTW

Thank you for the posts. Reading the details and feeling the emotions were outstanding.

With service in Vietnam, I thank you from my heart.

JOHN

Test message.

2016 Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Default From doing THE MISSION now to pleasure ryding

Yesterday we left Arlington, VA. Wow no green beret wake up call and sorry Hawk didn't even miss it. We did a leisurely pack and left by 7:30...geesh seemed like we had wasted most of the day!!! Easy ryde out of Arlington...found hiway 50W...yep go West young man Go West....and rode slowly and purposely looking and loving the beauty of the country side. Yes, I sooooo luv ryding the back country roads. Passionately love ryding them. Soooo much of beginning rural America still to be seen.

Met fellow Spyder ryders in Grafton, WV...after a nice visit...Terry & Connie continued west and we went north on 119..a short ryde to friend and fellow Spyder ryder John & Frankie's home. Got all my laundry done. And wa still decompressing from the "overload" of Run for the Wall and Rolling Thunder.

Left WV this morning along with Bob & Carol. headed toward Canada. First major stop will be to ryde the Zip Line at Niagra Falls. We did that...very enjoyable, very safe and wow just like sitting in an easy chair. Long way from the zip line at Roatan!!! With it's mattresses wrapped around the trees....LOL

We walked back to motel and enjoyed the sites and sounds of Niagra FAlls commercial district...I spy a Starbuck's for morning coffee...

When asking what time we leaving in morning...answer whenever. When asked where we going...answer toward Valcourt. When asked what we going to do...answer whatever the heck we want to!!!

Yep my kind of Spyder ryding is back. Wow even used cruise control again today!!!

Beautiful sunny weather all day. NICE verrrrry NICE

Later..

me
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great day although I have no desire to zip line! See you in Valcourt.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did the zip line yesterday, my first zip-line experience. It was fun. It didn't seem so fast, but that may have been an illusion. The scariest part was when the brake kicked in suddenly at the end.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Yesterday we left Arlington, VA. Wow no green beret wake up call and sorry Hawk didn't even miss it. We did a leisurely pack and left by 7:30...geesh seemed like we had wasted most of the day!!! Easy ryde out of Arlington...found hiway 50W...yep go West young man Go West....and rode slowly and purposely looking and loving the beauty of the country side. Yes, I sooooo luv ryding the back country roads. Passionately love ryding them. Soooo much of beginning rural America still to be seen.

Met fellow Spyder ryders in Grafton, WV...after a nice visit...Terry & Connie continued west and we went north on 119..a short ryde to friend and fellow Spyder ryder John & Frankie's home. Got all my laundry done. And wa still decompressing from the "overload" of Run for the Wall and Rolling Thunder.

Left WV this morning along with Bob & Carol. headed toward Canada. First major stop will be to ryde the Zip Line at Niagra Falls. We did that...very enjoyable, very safe and wow just like sitting in an easy chair. Long way from the zip line at Roatan!!! With it's mattresses wrapped around the trees....LOL

We walked back to motel and enjoyed the sites and sounds of Niagra FAlls commercial district...I spy a Starbuck's for morning coffee...

When asking what time we leaving in morning...answer whenever. When asked where we going...answer toward Valcourt. When asked what we going to do...answer whatever the heck we want to!!!

Yep my kind of Spyder ryding is back. Wow even used cruise control again today!!!

Beautiful sunny weather all day. NICE verrrrry NICE

Later..

me
    You must've been here in Morgantown? I take it you headed north on I-79?

Spyder Garage

Default Homecoming a definite !0

Good Morning All:

Not sure where I left off. So thinking it was after the downpour at Rolling Thunder and taking refuge under the overpass for at least half hour for the deluge to stop. Of course I was definitely "under dressed" for the weather change...so when I reached my room it was the drowned rat look.

The next morning headed west on Hiway 50...beautiful leisurely, so welcome driving on back country roads with many many century homes and awesome old rock fences/boundaries.

Do have a ?....when traveling thru the tip of Maryland there was a stretch of old wood fence posts that the top foot or so was painted a bright blue...anyone one know what that signified?

My friends met me at Grafton and we went north on 119 to Kalafat's home in WV...spent a very relaxed evening telling stories and planning for the morning depart...heading to Valcourt, Quebec and the BRP (creators and builders of the Can-Am Spyders) 10th Annicersary Homecoming for the Spyders. They also build Ski Doos and See Doos plus I learned they buld Evinrude motors..

Our first stop was Canadian side of Niagra Falls...walked down the hill to ryde the zip line from the Day's Inn where we stayed. I very safe Zip Line...no worries if you are tempted...just do it. Then we started the walk back UP the hill. I told my groupies...hey if we are eating dinner...let's do it now cause I'm all for walking back down the hill...but boycotting a second stroll UP.. so we did that and tried the Canada favorite dish Poutine...which I not so flattering called Pountang!!! Egads I sometimes "amaze" myself at what I let roll out of my mouth!!

So then the maps came out out and we knew that getting through Toronto was not going to work well with 5 spyders....so decision made to return to USA...pick some scenic back roads and head toward Valcourt. And that is what we did like roads 104 and 11 and 30....beautiful Amish/farm country. Luv how they farm with hitches...most of the 2 horse teams were matched pairs. Saw a 5 horse hitch pulling a very wide disc...those were all dark bays, probably also for their personal buggies because the 2 horse teams were all draft breeds...Their places are spotless and very attractive. Very friendly folks waved at many and glad our spyders (mine esecially) did not scare their horses with my sort of loud muffler...

We arrived at Drummonville and got checked into motel. Yesterday started the Homecoming festivities. BRP knows how to roll out the red carpet for the literally 1000's of spyder owners that are here. My first place to hit after getting registration packet was the tech tent. I had a small oil leak and oil leaks that are small can become BIG and not what I wanted on a road trip. They got my Spyder in...got it fixed and then I started to act like the guest they had invited. Saw the museum, wonderful, history of BRP...then the factory where there were actively building Ski Doos...Spyders are built in winter and their See Doos are bult in Mexico...

It rained most of the day, but that is why you have rain gear....They had a huge event tent set up with a BBQ feeding the masses. I bought the necessary even shirt...and our motel is about 40 miles from the factory. We choose here cause the big blow out tonight is only about 5 blocks away and most of us hate driving at night on country roads that we are unfamiliar with and many deer...so will actually walk to and from the event tonight. Getting rady to put on rain gear..yep raining again and heading out for a couple planned rides...gotta see the countryside. I leave early early MONDAY morning...rolling the throttle lard to get home. Have to map my way out of here and back to the States...definitly should have enrolled in a Rosetta Stone French course!!!

All is golden and I am loving reconnecting with my Spyder peeps...

More later.

Have an awesome weekend....I hear approaching bikes...they are coming to GET ME!!!

me
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Spyder Garage

Default BRP 10th HOmecoming totally and completly AWESOME

Hi all...well this morning as I was thinking about journey home..decided that I would do as so many other Homecoming attendees were choosing and that was to head to the USA and home 1/2 a day early. BUT as several of you know I HATE GPS...I luv my GPS system...get personal service and my neon on colored 3x5 cards that tell me where to go and how to get there!!! BUT here in was the problem, actually found myself "losing sleep over" how the heck do I communicate with this so very gracious folks that French is their primary and in many cases only language. I had visions of me going round and round and round thru all the country side (yep beautiful farm country here in Valcourt Quebec area..

But so nice to find that the motel front desk clerk was not only bi lingual but even knew how to travel the roads. She says want to you need. I said to get to the USA..that is step one. She kept it soooo simple. stop lite go right...cross overpass stay right...freeway to Montreal. At exit 98 take the second right and GOOOOO USA. I did and that young lady gets direction giver award for the year. I'm thinking OK need to find hiway 30...then 11...then 104 I'm pretty sure after I cross border. But not realllllly sure...and wow my maps are like even more confusing..

BUT what should appear zooming past me like Santa and 2- 1330 cc spyders...the front one alllll black no rudolph nose there...I wave they wave ... hmmm few miles down road see a Dunkin Donuts (need coffee bad) and also learned that wee wee in Quebec has a whole new meaning. But remember I'm back in US so wee wee has original necessary meaning. I rush in and who should appear but what I am now calling Angel couple...doing the wee wee / coffee break. Said hey I need to get to 80 west...a little more conversation and coffee and I find out that my 2 angels who have a very strong resemblance to Chuck and Susan Kennedy from NC...are heading in same direction. Wow now thank you Lord...I just went back to lemming status and fell easily into "I love to follow" mode. When we all left this morning it was beautiful blue skies...But a little cool so had on rain jacket more for warmth than anything. A hour or so down road stop at rest stop. My oh My New York does have nice rest stops. Another Spyder ryder putting on rain gear. I say cold. he says nah think it is going to rain. Have not a clue of which he speaks. So we journey on...not far as the rain starts. gotta luv those overpasses...so pull under and get suited up...smart move. dang it can rain and rain hard here in upstate New York...we are rolling south on 87 and the rain gets more and more...finally leader dude instructed by wee small voice in his helmet saying enough already enough. So he ask toll lady motel where?now?..Take next exit at stop sign they go right...I did not see them turn and if more than 10 feet in front of me can't see tail lights...so I go left...short way dive into service station. Wee Wee and all that ... clerk says no bathrooms go back 1/2 mile. Rain sill pouring but I'm desperate as my eyeballs are starting to float...get headed back and here comes Susan we got you a room at a place cslled Rip VanWinkle in Catskills. Folks you need to make this 3rd generation family owned property a priority visit. Beautiful pastoral setting...not pulling my curtains tonight!!

Got warmed up...clothing hung to dry...ordered in dinner and spent a delightful dinner hour with my guardian angels, Chuck and Susan....

Then said my good nights...cause wanted to get this typed and posted and then off to dream land. Looks like tomorrow I will connect with 80 west...yep time to Go West young woman Go West. Chelan here I come...

Have a great evening. Sure do hope your day was as awesome as mine.

Later,

me
    My Motto Is:

Spyder Garage

Murphybrown, good post as usual. It was a pleasure meeting you and all the great folks from Spyder Lovers. Have a good night, "Mam". Bruce

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you found some human-type GPS devices to follow!

I'm at Edmundston, New Brunswick, and will cross into Maine tomorrow.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Karyl,

I am also glad that you found someone to follow.

Ride Safe
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think travelled nearly the same route today but we didn't get out of Sherbrooke until 2:00. We missed almost all of the rain but it was cold. We crossed the border at 1000 Islands and took 87 to 90. Stopped for the night in Victor NY. We will have to do nearly an Iron Butt to make it to Waterloo IA tomorrow night.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Karyl it was great to say hello at the motel. Safe and warm journey home. Tom and Ali
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Home...yep no place like home.

Good Morning All:

By dingies I said I would be home in time for Jessie's graduation and I made it with time to spare. I left Drummondville, Quebec around 11 a.m. on Sunday June 4...I was a little "anxious" about getting out of Quebec and headed back into the USA...I definitely needed a course in conversational French...That part of Quebec is farm country...flat and coastal in temperature. The back roads have reallllly strange road signs...if at all. And others with GPS's said they did interesting route variations. As I was checking out I asked the front desk clerk. Quickest way to USA...she was a great direction giver. Made it simple and specific...AND IT GOT ME TO THE BORDER ON TIME!!! Really there was not time involved...just playing old tunes in my head. BRP the bulders of the Can Am Spyder had a 10th HOmecoming reunion for the Spyder and what a party they did throw. There were literally 1000's of Spyder owners...I've never seen soooo many spyders in one place at one time. And of course the Spyder owners are wonderful and the really only reason I covet gathering with other owners. The people are the best and the machine well it get's my praises also!!

Saw a Dunkin' Donuts...that means coffee. Coffee...yes I was needing coffee... As I walked in there was a Spyder owner...we drank, we talked and heck they were headed to NC so told them I needed to get home post haste so that meant I was headed to interstates. toll roads, etc. We studied maps and I was following them.

Toll Roads? Let me tell you hope that never infests the midwest and western states. I started with $60 in my toll fund pocket. Seriously I counted this morning and I have exactly $8.25 left. I got tired at one point and saw Motel 6..sign..also had been noticing on the signs the message ask toll booth person for directions..It cost me $5 to leave the toll road...and then another $5 was added to my account when I got back on in the morning. One toll booth was $17.25...pay by the axle. The young man taking the money said this is wrong you are paying the same as those big trucks. I assured him he was just doing his job...BUT dang I did agree with him.

When we got near the catskills in NY...it had started to rain and then started to pour and it was late afternoon. Wife says to husband via their intercom. Enough of this find a room for the night. And that he did, immediately took exit (off toll road!!) to a place called Rip Van Winkles motel. Gorgeous older property been owned by same family for 3 generations. Picture perfect setting. All green and lush...all that rain ,makes for happy growing things and lush!!

In the morning we headed out...and went our separate ways as I connected to 80W and they headed on to their home in NC.

Have to say that you can make time on freeways...80-85 MPH eats up the road...but sure not much of interest to see at that speed....every once in awhile would go by a person mowing and got the smell of fresh cut grass...and when entered Iowa the last toll was only $1.10!!!

My Weds and Thurs were long in the "saddle days". Started both at 6:30 a.m. and did fall into bed until 9 p.m. Great news I gained back those 3 hours I gave away when I went East. Weds I had a target of Billings, MT...but it was getting dark and I was close to Sheridan WY when what should appear at 75 mph but 2 deer starting to cross hiway. Where there is 1 there are more so I slowed way done and yep right off to my right was at least 3 more sets of big ears. I said that's it...I'm done...so pulled into Sheridan and found a room.

Up and going at 6:30 yesterday. Nice morning...in a couple hours needed first fuel and potty stop and shedded some clothes. Yep this is beautiful ryding weather. Stopped in Deer Lodge and had to leave a message said I was in Red Lodge. lady at store said aaaa no you are in Deer Lodge...again I had no idea where I was other than in MT headed west on 90...I'm getting to Chelan and my own bed come heck or high water. And it was dang near the high water that stopped me. As I heared Couer d Alene, ID...said hmmm kinda dark better suit up...found underpass and put on rain gear...well the top half at least. Take off and it hits...now it is pouring rain...plus trucks and cars throwing more water my way...yep dang hard to see and by this time I am sitting in water and my sweats are acting like a wick!! Was just about to call in quits when ahead I could see sky clearing. So got in right lane...stayed there and followed middle of Spokane it stopped raining...so say to self...you got this .. Chelan here I come.

Stop for gas at Davenport and check skies...oh oh mighty black thinking I'm going to get hit again..but hey 69' and rain is nice shower. NOT so much...about Almira that lightening started in the distance...and the clouds got darker. Just before Coulee City all billy hell broke loose...lightening, thunder and not a dang place to get out of it....rain, heavy rain, hail, heavy hail and cross winds. HOLY crappola I'm saying this is a storm. Got to shell station at Coulee City got under their awning..in about 10 minutes it stopped. Picture this my lower half is soaked. upper half warm and dry. Fellow says he thinks it was a mini typhoon I aid it was a holy crappola storm for sure. He say probably be worth investing in rain pants. I said oh I have 2 pair in trailer. They don't wear out that way!!! I think he mumbled something like.."whatever" and a couple other words!! That related to "you csn't fix stupid"!!!

Storm moved on..rest of the way home was beautiful...and today I am unpacking. Getting ready to wash trailer and the Iron Beast...go to get some food and pick up mail. And then it is graduation time for Ms Jessie...

Well folks there will be a few more rydes in 2017..but for sure this will be the only month long, 10k mile journey.

Have a great weekend. Luvmg these blue skies and Home Sweet Home.
    My Motto Is:

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default END OF THIS JOURNEY

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo glad you got HOME safe Soooooooooooooooooooo enjoyed re-connecting after such a long time ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

What a humble interesting, funny good read!

Thank you, now don't wear your rain pants for the Graduation

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome home!!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

See you next week in Pateros . Sounds like you had another adventure !
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Let me add a big WECOME HOME from Dwayne & Linda. It has been fantastic reading of your adventures. You are really #1 in our books.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for letting us ride along with you on your trip across this country. You are a great ambassador for the Spyder brand Thank God you are home safe !!!

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888