Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Murphybrown's Spyder Adventures 2017

Good Evening folks: Well last night this highly techie person wanted to post the day's activities using either phone or ipad...no way no how was that going to happen and me walking out to the trailer to get my laptop wasn't going to happen either. So tonight you will get a combined report.

Yesterday was realllllly short cause everything about it starting with Mother's Day and me luving that I am called Mom by 4 mighty awesome kids...soooo literally everything about yesterday was awesome.

Blue skies; Pacific Ocean to ryde beside with waves crashing; watching surfers..sorry even with those wet suits it looked mighty COLD...Connie saw a funky little building as we roared by that said Eatery so we finally found a wide spot in road (not to many of those on Hiway 1...went back...awesome, delightful and everything made from real food...plus the breve came with a gorgeous heart...almost (yes almost) to pretty to drink.

Then we continued on enjoying sites and sounds. Only we piece of drama for yesterday when a cager from a side road almost t boned Terry and Connie...but Terry was alert and able to swerve to the middle of lane...wreck adverted.

Then we had a few adventures to find the correct exit to stay at our low budget motel. Very clean and comfortable.

Today, Monday, we left Santa Cruz headed for Santa Barbara. could not travel the desired route of Highway 1 because there has been a bridge wash out near Big Sur and that section of road has been closed for several months.,so we traveled 101....todays weather was a mix wth a few rain drops, clouds and the 3 of us bundled up staying warm. Wow we are realllllly doing the high end stay tonight. A gorgeous Ramada Inn right out our lanai is a gorgeous pond with friendly ducks....we will be doing laundry tonight. Tomorrow we will officially start the involvement with Run for the Wall when we arrive in Ontario at the Host Hotel. Also there will be vendors there before the activities start mid afternoon...so thinking there may be a thing or two end up in our trailers. Starting tomorrow we are going to develop efficient way to take minimum to room...right now it is 2-4 trips. Nope not going to happen on the Run...I bag and that is it...I'll let you know how that works out!!

Well, Albert and Einstein our Crested Duck friends are wanting more than lettuce. they want the pizza...forget that salad stuff. dang sounds like some other kids I raised!!!

Have a great evening...

me

And before you post pictures,pictures, pictures. I just wasted 1/2 hour trying to post no luck. Maybe next time!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Prayers for safe journey

Hope you and everyone traveling to Homecoming have a safe trip!
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

All in all a great day...enjoy and keep the travel log coming...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried the 1-bag rule before. Keep a small bag with the things you need no matter what - like toiletries, computer. Then each night at the trailer, add in the stuff (change of clothes, etc.) from a container in your trailer. In the morning take that bag back out, unload dirty clothes and prepare it for the next day.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Keep those ride reports coming.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I take one bag with my travel day clothes in it and that works great when I get to my final destination I have another bag with clothes for there. On our Alaska trip where everyday was a travel day I had two bags, one had gear for hot weather and one had gear for cold weather. One bag for toiletries.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Run for the Wall and Rolling Thunder

Opening ceremonies for Run for the Wall 2017.
    I really wanted to give a good report this evening but we have major Internet issues at the motel that were at but the run for the wall did officially start tonight with dedication and some other activities I personally will be riding for several people some of them I know and are very close to me others I don't the two people that I know and are very close to me or Larry Wilson, Greg Meyer, George Pearson, Gus Smith Jr, Doug Manka, Marvin Galbraith, John Timothy Lane, Kenneth a Stonebraker, Thomas E creek, Terry Teruo Kawamura. I consider this an incredible honor to be able to do this to ride all the way and to touch their names on the Wall
    We start the day at 6:45 with staging actually staging starts at 5:45 I will have more to share tomorrow evening because I am what is known as an FNG. If you are military you will know what those initials stand for but here for me because I'm not military I'm saying there for the fancy new gal!! This is really an amazing experience The photo is of the food line I was near the front it was two blocks behind me approximately 1500 people will be participating in this run for the wall

My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! Keep the reports coming!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default What and How Much To Take

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I tried the 1-bag rule before. Keep a small bag with the things you need no matter what - like toiletries, computer. Then each night at the trailer, add in the stuff (change of clothes, etc.) from a container in your trailer. In the morning take that bag back out, unload dirty clothes and prepare it for the next day.
    When I mentioned to a friend and avid BMW enthusiast, about the wife wanting a trailer for the Spyder as the four compartments on a Spyder weren't enough storage capacity, he remarked, would't you really rather have a Buick? He and his wife rode two weeks on a BMW through part of Europe with just the two saddlebags and a tank bag, Considered that, more than ample storage capacity for two people.
    In my 20's, I thought nothing of pitching a nylon pup tent at campsite. But now, 40+ years later, I feel the need for amenities.

Spyder Garage

Take a quick nap every once in a while

Murph.jpg

Without Him around

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default First Full Day...wow is an understatement..

Wow what a day...Alarm went off at 4:45 a.m. because we had to be to staging at 5:45 a.m. This morning was everyone that is doing the Run...there are three routes: Central, Midway and Southern. I am ryding in the Mdway ... So at the staging this morning we had close to 1500 people. The people who run this do an incredible job. Very committed to making it an amazing experience whether it is your first year or your 17th. First they had assigned us to platoons. This would be the group within my route that I will ryde with for the entire journey. While we were waiting for the mandatory riders meeting they were preparing and serving a hot breakfast to all of us. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, sweet rolls, juice, coffee, milk. All you can eat. Let me tell you bikers sure do like to eat!!!!

After we were all lined up I was in group #6 which is bikes with trailers. The mandatory riders meeting started. Always open and close with prayer from one of the chaplains that rides with each group. Then the honor guard presents arms and a gal sang out awesome National Anthem. Soon there was a roar in the skies and we had a full fly over....one of the planes was off by itself...I still have not found out what the significance is, but everything has meaning..so know there is a story about that particular position. The fly over was east to west and north to south. Very exciting.

We learned all the hand signals that we have to use on the road. We have to be able to communicate with the other riders and hand signals gets the job done.

We stop for fuel about every 100-125 miles and wow do they have a system. Someone is at the pumps you are two deep...hose goes to each bike..fill up, don't even shut bike off...It was announced that a donation had been made and all fuel for all bikes has been paid in advance. All they said is the benefactor is so grateful to the Run for the Wall because it saved their life that this is one way they can pay it forward.

I had the incredible privilege and honor to ride for THE MISSING MAN. This position is at the head of the line. You have to honor guards riding in front and two in back. I was to center my ride between. And then I was presented with a pin and a patch ... very very humbling and special.

We had been told that folks would be on the overpasses, along the road, on bridges and street corners waving flags and showing their appreciation for those of us doing this ryde. Everytime I come upon a group I choke up and have to use my coat sleeve..

When we arrived in Flagstaff this evening the VFW had prepared and served us a hot meal and lots of hot coffee. We needed it. Dang it got cold and had started to rain....sure did appreciate that meal. We stage at 6:00 a.m. for another day of incredible "happenings". I'll be sharing those with you...

The other awesome thing is that my good Spyder friends Ann and Joe Meyer from Las Vegas grabbed some of their Spyder ryder buddies and came to Kingman where we stopped for lunch, provided by the Kingman area Harley dealership. And gave me big hugs...I realllllly like hugs of all sizes...but big hugs are realllllly special. Then Ann said the roads to Flagstaff are reallllllly beat up. Suffice to say that is an understatement. Several bikes are getting parts put back on that got beat loose...yes beat.

OK have a great evening. 4:30 a.m. comes early...so off to zzzzz land and sweeeeeet dreams for this biker gal..

Hugs for all of you,

me
    My Motto Is:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

". . . Soon there was a roar in the skies and we had a full fly over....one of the planes was off by itself...I still have not found out what the significance is, but everything has meaning.. . . ."

From Wikipedia:

"The missing man formation is an aerial salute performed as part of a flypast of aircraft at a funeral or memorial event, typically in memory of a fallen pilot, a well-known military service member or veteran, or a well-known political figure."

The central group will be in my town on Sunday evening. We're all turning out to greet them and see them off Monday morning.

Loving seeing your reports. Thanks, Karyl!
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 05-18-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Day 2 Run for the Wall in the books

This morning the alarm (Ballad of the Green Berets).sounded at 4:30 a.m. I luv that song, but not so much at that hour of the morning. It was 29' and everything outside was solid ice. yep ICE....not nice. My saddle bag locks were frozen. fortunately all the winter ryding gear I needed was in trailer. So out came many layers...

We ate a nice breakfast at the motel. Road a couple blocks to staging and riders mandatory meeting in WalMart parking lot. Our first fuel stop was in 100 miles. Man they have a system that to an outsider would look like a major disaster about to happen...but it works amazingly well...except for the dude that gently bumped my trailer...after a thought of whoops a little close than he realllllly bumped it..enough to snap my head. After I was fueled and getting into my staging line I decided the fellow and I needed to have a "little" conversation. I really had the expectation that he would find me...easy enough as I'm the only one with a trailer like mine. Well the old line of wish in one hand and ....well you know the rest!!!! applied to this situation. So I went "calling". I said to his wife. Did you realize that you bumped me twice. She says yes we can't see very well out of our windshield because of all the decals we have on there. I'm sure the look I gave her was like ARE YOU KIDDING ME. She says what do you want. I said a simple apology is my expectation. So she yells at her husband and says you owe this lady an apology. Nice guy says why after I bumped you I moved. I laughed and said have a nice day. And I was thinking.....naaaaa I won't tell you what I realllllly thought.

The next "encounter" was absolutely awesome and made the day a complete WINNER WINNER. Our ride took us to the Milan Elementary School in New Mexico....there were hundreds of munchkins outside waving our beloved American Flag and welcoming us. We rode single file past them. parked and came into the auditorium where all these incredible young people were dressed in red, white and blue and waving the Americsn flag and shouting USA USA USA for at least a half hour. Absolutely their pride in being Americans was palatable...no flag burning at that school. IMHO everyone of our American schools should have that kind of pride. Pledge of Allegiance said by all and with such pride and enthusiasm. It wad an amazing 2 hours spent with such patriots. They would shake our hand, fist bump or high five and tell us thank you for giving us our freedoms. Each of the 6 grades had made huge posters about what Ride for the Wall is about. It is actually taught in the school.

Yep it was soooooo incredible. Then they served us a wonderful home made enchilada lunch. Again I am just scratching the surface of what the importance of the visit to the wall is about. We have a Gold Star mom here on this journey. She travels in one of the chase vehicles but is at every event with us. And today I was approached and she gave me a picture of her son and asked if I would do the honors to Take Him to the Wall. Dang straight I said yes. And then the person that does the missing man organizing asked me if I would be willing to Do the Missing Man position when we enter WA DC and Arlington Cemetery ... and Gold Star Mom wants to be my passenger. I'm soooooo humbled by just the offer. I spent quite a bit of time talking to her today about her handsome son. I told her we were going "in" in style..alll those lights the iron beast has will be shining bright for him.

Have to say the LEO's of Albuquerque, NM absolutely luv when Run for the Wall comes (not so sure about the local folks) OK here is the picture. 5 lanes of traffic totally cleared. LEO's are blocking all on ramps and off ramps so we can toll in without any traffic to impede us. BUT the LEOS get to run the outside lane wide open...I bet some of their bikes were topping close to 100....yep they sure like us showing up so they can open 'em up...

Have a great evening...Headed in to TX tomorrow...

Later,

me
    My Motto Is:

Spyder Garage

Default HOOAH!

You go, Karyl! We did it in 1995, and was awesome then! So proud of you! Ride safe! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

What an awesome story,especially for those of us who can't do this. Please keep the reports coming. I can't wait for each chapter.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 05-19-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clarity

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Keep the updates coming Karyl. Really really enjoy reading them. Keep safe. See you in Valcourt.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you Murphybrown

You are an inspiration! I hope that you have a wonderful trip and adventure.
    Remember this is for Vietnam veterans and the
    POW/MIA and to honor the memory of those Killed in Action (KIA) from all wars.
    Freedom is not Free

How many bikes in your convoy are Spyders?

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Karyl,

Awesome story, You go Girl!! Keep the stories coming.

See you @ the Homecoming. Be/ride safe!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Not many Spyders

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    You are an inspiration! I hope that you have a wonderful trip and adventure.
    Remember this is for Vietnam veterans and the
    POW/MIA and to honor the memory of those Killed in Action (KIA) from all wars.
    Freedom is not Free

How many bikes in your convoy are Spyders?
    My F3 and 4 RT's. I understand that the Southern route (I'm midway route) has about 10 Spyders..not sure what models.
    My Motto Is:

Spyder Garage

Default Day 3...DONE

Good Evening All:

Dang the day just keeps getting shorter and shorter. We just lost another hour when we crossed into TEXAS....my clock is just sooooo cooperative it just keeps moving my day along much faster than I need or want.. We are in Amarillo for the evening. I will share the day's activities.

We staged this morning at a Rich Ford in Albuquerque and the owner of the dealership received a purple heart for valor and he had his crew move all the cars (over 6 hours work for 4 men) so that we could stage there and then he had our breakfast catered. And wowzers no motel waffles and cornflakes. Make your own breakfast burritoes...all you could eat and wonderful fresh fruit. I was in "hog" heaven...bacon is a food group unto itself...add a little watermelon and fresh strawberries and piping hot coffee. Oh yes you had some very happy and stuffed riders. We have a mandatory riders meeting every morning...always start with prayer and they go over any major ooops from day before. None this morning. Other than one of our group left his travel bags and his bike and they got stolen...and this was a very nice Holiday Inn Express with security.

Then they always go over the hand signals and dealing with challenges of driving highway speeds in a "pack". We are getting much better. First couple days we were like a huge rubber band....get all strung out and then speed up and then hit the brakes. Yep I'm as guilty as anyone. We visited the Blue Hole...lots and I mean like 50 people were scuba diving. Couple of biker dudes went swimming. I was going,..but forgot my suit and a big sign said no skinny dipping...so there went the days entertainment. A local group fix lunch for the group.. I based my bacon breakfast was still keeping my tummmy happy. They did have some very nice looking apples and yep they were from my area of WA...best apples in the world..,just ask me!!!

Checking sky there was some very menacing dark ones...so out comes all the rain gear...we take off and shortly the couds opened up. Lots of rain...no thunder or lightening...but pretty sure several folks discovered that their rain gear had a leak or two!!!

Then we came to the Christian Church in Amarillo and they had a huge Texas style BBQ for us..as a committed carnivore I did those ribs up just fine. We were welcomed by folks lining the streets with flags...the big ladder trucks had their huge American Flag flying. Again prayer before meal and then a bio of a person that we are riding to the wall for. And it is slowly sinking into this non military brain the importance of the mission we are on. Yep folks today my knower finally got it to my core that we are on a MISSION to ride for those who can't. A huge responsibility and one I will not take lightly. I spent some time talking with our Gold Star Mom and when I stop I post his picture on my Spyder windshield as well as I post the facts on another that I am riding to the wall for.

These folks gave their everything so that you and I can have our freedoms.

Tomorrow will be Day 4 another day of learning about those we ride for. And watching as many who are riding are starting their journey to healing for the mental and physical ravages of war.

Sleep well because we are free.
    Also if you want to see pictures go to: www.runforthewallmidway.com
    My Motto Is:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What a great experience, thanks for sharing it with us.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Take a quick nap every once in a while

Murph.jpg

Without Him around

Cruzr Joe

Now that's a classic!

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Lazy Murphy Post.

Actually our platoon leader covered today very well.
    Midway SitReps 2017 Day 4

Tom LystrupMay 20, 2017Uncategorized0 Comments
    What a fantastic day. Great weather! A little cold to start and a little windy, but we’re under a high pressure area. Know what that means? No rain. The high pressure is pushing the rain east. God is blessing us just as our Chaplain’s Corp has prayed for. Thank you Heavenly Father. I’m sure the weather is helping us travel safely as well as all your prayers. Thank you. Everyone made it to Shawnee in one piece. We had LEO escort throughout our trip through Oklahoma.
    The morning started with the usual mandatory meeting, except that the Outreach Program director Vickie Meyer “Needy” got up and read us a couple stories of fallen heroes, more specifically one Missing in Action and one Killed in Action. The Outreach Team will be visiting their families today. God bless them. Then High Maintenance read another bio of a fallen hero. These stories are touching and bring emotions sometimes uncontrollable. Rightly so. This is why we ride and we will Never Forget.
    We started out from the Sam’s Club parking lot again like last year. The overpasses were covered with patriots waving flags and saluting as we passed under. Again our fuel stops were sponsored in Oklahoma. We were scheduled to stop in Clinton at the Veteran’s Center, but for some reason we couldn’t and arrangements were made for us to stop near the Stafford’s Air & Space Museum for lunch. These arrangements were made by local folks with only a few days’ notice. We sure did appreciate their service and the great food we received there.
    While were having lunch, I talked with Laurie Waggoner “Talking Hands” for a little while. I told her I was writing up the Sit Reps and she mentioned a lady that is traveling with us. She said at age 70 she decided to get a tattoo and buy a motorcycle. Her family didn’t know about this idea. They thought she had lost it when they finally heard. This is now her 77th year and she still rides. In fact, she’s going all the way to DC with us. Her name is Karol Oules and she rides in my platoon. If you happen to see her, recognize her for her efforts. This is one amazing lady. Thank you Karol for stepping up your game to include Run For The Wall. I think you show remarkable resilience and gumption not present in the ordinary. You are unique. Truly a one-off gal and I’m thankful to know you.
    After lunch, we had a few minutes to spare so we headed over to the museum. “The Stafford Air & Space Museum is located in Weatherford, Oklahoma. The museum features exhibits about aviation, space exploration and rocketry, and a collection of over 20 historic aircraft. Displays include artifacts from the Space Shuttle program, Hubble Space Telescope and the Mir Space Station, a Moon rock, a Titan II missile, a Mark 6 Re-entry vehicle and a Gemini spacecraft”. (Thanks Wiki).
    On our way to Oklahoma City, traffic got plenty worse but riding with LEO escort made it much easier. Still there was some rubber-banding and the occasional vehicle that needed on or off the interstate, so we made room for them. That’s really not an option since most of the time motorcycles lose. One of our Road Guards, Peter Green “Gearshift” noticed a driver in a cage determined to merge into our pack while the platoon was unaware of her presence. He pulled in front of this car in as safely as he could and the driver knew not to proceed, all the while keeping the pack safe. I’m not sure others know that although the Road Guards are not to endanger their own lives, what they do is dangerous and they are all appreciated by our riders and our leadership. They do keep us safe and their mission is to get us to DC in one piece. They do a dang good job of it as well. Thank you my brother Gearshift.
    We made it to downtown Oklahoma City under full LEO escort and without much effort we arrived at the Oklahoma City Memorial and spent some time there. A ranger for the memorial was on hand to explain the design of the memorial. It’s quite an amazing story and all aspects of the design have meaning, from the Gates of Time (9:01 to 9:03), to the Reflecting Pool, the Field of Empty Chairs and the Survivor Tree. It is a wonderful memorial to a devastating attack against the American people, women carrying unborn children, mothers, fathers, children, families, all innocent people. These words are on the wall behind the Survivor Tree:
    Team 5 4-19-1995
    “Search for the Truth.
    We Seek Justice.
    The Courts Require it.
    The Victims Cry for it.
    And God Demands it”.
    The story in brief: At 0902, a rental truck packed with explosives detonated in front of the nine-story Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City. The powerful explosion blew off the building’s north wall. Emergency crews raced to Oklahoma from across the country, and when the rescue effort finally ended two weeks later the death toll stood at 168 people, including 19 young children who were in the building’s day care center at the time of the blast. More than 650 other people were injured in the bombing, which damaged or destroyed more than 300 buildings in the immediate area. The Survivor Tree and many buildings in the area still bear the scar of the horrific event for what happened here twenty two years ago. Lives were forever changed. Our country was forever changed, but we will NEVER FORGET”. You know, I’m not even sure it’s any consolation that the perpetrator of this crime paid with his life June 2001 by lethal injection. We know his name, but I’m not mentioning it. Only those whose lives were taken away from us are worth mentioning. Their names are under the chairs in the Field of Empty Chairs. Nineteen of which were children. God grant peace to their families and to the community of Oklahoma City. Our hearts go out to them all and to the thousands that came to rescue hundreds of survivors. The American Spirit lives on.
    We arrived in Shawnee and headed to the VFW for dinner. A most excellent meal was provided by the VFW. Following the meal there were probably the usual awards, plaques and certificates graciously handed out, but I had to depart early so I only suspect this occurred. Feeling a little under the weather, I asked Bandit if it was okay to leave early and was granted his permission. Hope I feel better tomorrow, but regardless, I’ll be there to Continue the Mission.
    Day 4 is done. Onto Day 5, the half way point
    Share this:

My Motto Is:

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE WALL - YOUR JOURNEY

I have been following this , but not commenting ..... I'm proud of you and with you in spirit ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Karyl you are an inspiration to all of us! I hope you have an amazing day again tomorrow.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622