Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default drive belt tension

couple weeks ago I aligned the belt on the sprocket. never thinking when I was doing that to check the tension. went for about a 175 mile ride yesterday and kept hearing a loud whirring/whining sound. thought it was cause I adjusted the air pressure in the front tires down a little. was doing an oil change today and figured i'd check the tension. WOW, off the ground it was right on 200lbs! maybe a fuzz tighter. it is now at 160 on the ground. prolly need a belt dampener now. before I aligned it, the tension was right on 160'ish. which is spec. so if you do a belt alignment be sure and check the tension.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    couple weeks ago I aligned the belt on the sprocket. never thinking when I was doing that to check the tension. went for about a 175 mile ride yesterday and kept hearing a loud whirring/whining sound. thought it was cause I adjusted the air pressure in the front tires down a little. was doing an oil change today and figured i'd check the tension. WOW, off the ground it was right on 200lbs! maybe a fuzz tighter. it is now at 160 on the ground. prolly need a belt dampener now. before I aligned it, the tension was right on 160'ish. which is spec. so if you do a belt alignment be sure and check the tension.

Many of us I n south Florida use 120 lbs off the ground less stress on the bearings
    Last edited by jtoro1; 05-15-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    Many of us I n south Florida use 120 lbs off the ground less stress on the bearings
    off the ground that is what mine is set at. on the ground it reads 160'ish