Spyder Garage

Default WTB Russel day long for 14 and up RT

Pm me if you have one to sell.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Pm me if you have one to sell.
    Av8er, Daylongs are made to fit the exact height, build and weight of individuals, effectively including inseam length. That's why you have to send them photos of you on the bike and seat that you wish to use as the base.

if you were to use my seat, you would NOT be happy. Just be verrrry careful going down this path.....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I was hoping it would be fairly close if I could find someone with my heigh and weight. If not I can send it to them for modifying. Might be close to a new cost at that point. Thanks for the heads up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    I was hoping it would be fairly close if I could find someone with my heigh and weight. If not I can send it to them for modifying. Might be close to a new cost at that point. Thanks for the heads up.
    ....welcome.....I didn't want to sound like I was teaching you to suck eggs, but I wasn't sure how much you knew about them. It will be interesting to see how many replies you get, as people only seem to sell Daylongs if they sell their current ride and move to another bike brand.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    ....welcome.....I didn't want to sound like I was teaching you to suck eggs, but I wasn't sure how much you knew about them. It will be interesting to see how many replies you get, as people only seem to sell Daylongs if they sell their current ride and move to another bike brand.

Pete
    I agree. I've never seen one for sale since I've been on this forum. Of course I've only been on here since 2008. Lots of other seats, but no RDLs.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Av8er, Daylongs are made to fit the exact height, build and weight of individuals,
    Been using Russel seats for about 10 years now.

They do an excellent job but seat comfort is a pretty subjective thing and one made for anybody with about the same body size should be fine......unless the original owner requested something special.

My inseam is 28" so one made for a guy over 6 feet might be a stretch......literally.

Spyder Garage

Default Seat

The only thing with a RDL you have to be concerned about is with the weight it was built for.
    The inseam is important if you are building for a 2 wheeler, not so important for a 3 wheeler.
    Just my 2 cents worth. Any RDL is better than stock, that's a fact.
    2015 RT-S SE Silver/Black

Spyder Garage

Another thing to consider is if the pocket of the seat is moved ahead an inch or two like my buddy's is. Or back. Mine is standard. I rode my buddy's Spyder and felt cramped. But I think there more built for weight cause my buddy's feel the same as mine just forward more. He's an inch shorter than me but close to the same weight.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Av8er

Send me a PM, I have a heated one that I'll sell as I'm moving to an F3. Include a little about your frame (height/weight/inseam)size so we know it will work. I'll provide pictures if you include your cell or email.

mk
    2016 Spyder F3-L Special Series
    2016 Spyder RT Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    Av8er

Send me a PM, I have a heated one that I'll sell as I'm moving to an F3. Include a little about your frame (height/weight/inseam)size so we know it will work. I'll provide pictures if you include your cell or email.

mk

Pm sent

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kml354 View Post
    The only thing with a RDL you have to be concerned about is with the weight it was built for.
    The inseam is important if you are building for a 2 wheeler, not so important for a 3 wheeler.
    Just my 2 cents worth. Any RDL is better than stock, that's a fact.
    I can't agree that inseam is not important for a 3 wheeler, kml. If you don't have the right hip angle, there's a very strong chance your seat won't be comfortable. That's why Russell gave me an extra 1.5" of height on my F3 seat.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MKrone View Post
    Av8er

mk

PM has been sent