Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  18
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks guys......this post cost me a few hundred $$$$$$ . I also ended up with an F4 for my F3L. Got the 25" & wow.......my helmet is quiet again!! Their customer service is amazing & they're knowledgeable since they ryde too. I just went from an RTL to an F3L so wind was a concern with the mini shield. There's no more issue! My F3 is as quiet as an RT now.

I know it may be a higher price point than you expected but the quality & service are as good as it comes.
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderHands View Post
    Glad to hear you are a happy camper. If you don't mind me asking - how tall are you?
    5' 11

2016 Spyder F3 Limited Special Series

Quote Originally Posted by shroth View Post
    Thanks guys......this post cost me a few hundred $$$$$$.
    What do you mean?
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

My wife is only 5'3" and her stock shield is a bit low on the F3 Limited. She had a Spyder ST prior with an adjustable shield. I am really leaning to the F4 for the quality in the smaller size however at 21 1/2" she would be looking through the shield. Her eye position is at 19" off the tank She isn't "sold" on the idea of "looking through a shield" tho. ......any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by GosHawk35 View Post
    My wife is only 5'3" and her stock shield is a bit low on the F3 Limited. She had a Spyder ST prior with an adjustable shield. I am really leaning to the F4 for the quality in the smaller size however at 21 1/2" she would be looking through the shield. Her eye position is at 19" off the tank She isn't "sold" on the idea of "looking through a shield" tho. ......any other suggestions?
    I just spoke with a guy locally that swears by the Blue Ridge shield. He loves it and he suggested the extension that "Twisted Throttle" sells for it as well. I've not yet met a single person (or married ) here in my area that owns an F4 shield. My local dealer didn't even identify with F4 at all. I'm still looking for one for my F3S.
    HAND'S UP:

SpyderLovers Sponsor F4 Customs's Avatar

Default F4 Customs custom cut windshield for your F3

F4 would be glad to cut a F3 down for your wife to the height she would like. Please call our office and we can get this worked out for you.
    Don Frank
    F4 Customs
    330-968-4644
    Quote Originally Posted by GosHawk35 View Post
    F4 Customs, LLC
    "The Motorcycle Windshield Folks"
    330-968-4644
    sales@f4customs.com
    www.f4customs.com
    Don Frank

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    I have the GUSTAFSSON tall version.... i'm 6'2", and it does an excellent job....
    also, give consideration to the 'tinted' versions... mine is a light gray tint, and i find that it blends in nicely with the colors of my SPYD3R...
    Attachment 147535 Attachment 147536 Attachment 147537 Attachment 147538
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    How well does the tint do for you when driving at night? Do much night riding?
    HAND'S UP:

Default What is on your bike in the big pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Badco149 View Post
    I have to go with a F4 Custom Windscreen. I installed the 23 inch tinted and am loving it. I use a 1/2 helmet with a shield usually. I took for a test drive and when I got home 30 minutes later I realized I never but the face shield down. I look through the screen and it is perfect. I removed the BRP "Tall Boy" because it was too short. ( Anyone interest in a good used one ) As for customer service F4 Customs is top notch and true. My first screen had a pit mark from shipping. I had a replacement the next day. Talk about service.

Many thanks.
    I am also deciding about windshields. Which windshield is shown in the large pic in the text of your post? It doesn't look like the tinted F4.

Question California Science

I just spoke with someone today who gave a huge recommendation for the Cal Sci windshields for the F3.

He said he was very happy with his decision.

Any other Cal Sci-Fi owners?
    HAND'S UP:

Quote Originally Posted by F4 Customs View Post
    F4 would be glad to cut a F3 down for your wife to the height she would like. Please call our office and we can get this worked out for you.
    Don Frank
    F4 Customs
    330-968-4644
    We called and spoke to Alicia. GREAT communication and customer service. She was VERY helpful and patient (we called 3 times with questions)
    We ordered 21" tinted with a vent for her F3 AND I went ahead and got the 10" tint recurve for my new Harley.
    We did a 250 mile test ride in prep for our Sturgis trip in 2 wks and shields were GREAT !!!