Spyder Garage

Default wraping exhaust for heat issues

2012 RT..I found one video on you tube that did not have an audio track...not helpful...I know this is not rocket science but I like to do my home work..

So I want to wrap my exhaust pipes from the engine up to the cat...

thank you in advance

Gary
    2012 RTS 2065 miles
    Web Boards, Champion Tour Full Cover
    USAF 67-71 Weapons Mechanic -Love my B-52
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    2012 RT..I found one video on you tube that did not have an audio track...not helpful...I know this is not rocket science but I like to do my home work..

So I want to wrap my exhaust pipes from the engine up to the cat...

thank you in advance

Gary
    I have been fighting heat and gas smell after long rides since I purchased our 2011 RTL. The only mod I made that actually made a big difference and got rid of the "hot seat" and gas smell was the installation of the BRP air scoop kit. The part number is 219800388. It is the air scoop kit from the 2013 RT recall to fix heat build up problems for that year bike. However, the air scoop kit will work on other year RT Spyders. Here are some links on the air scoop kit:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ghlight=scoops
    http://www.powersportswarehouse.com/...BRP//219800388
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default True

I would look into the heat fix that was applied to the 2013s. I have heard that this has worked for other years too. In addition if your motorcycle is still under warranty I believe BRP will fix it for no-charge. If not the charge is minimal and and save you a lot of time and effort.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle