Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face Need accessories! 2008 GS SM5

Hi, I've been a Spyder owner for 3 weeks now! Wow! FUN FUN! Switched from a V-star 950 touring cruiser. I'm having difficulty finding websites for online ordering of accessories for the 2008's? Very difficult to find. Does anyone have any suggestions of any good sites? I am looking for a brake pedal, a 2.5"or so handlebar riser, or something that will raise my handlebars to decrease the leaning forward distance for long rides. I do see a brake pedal in the store on this site, is it universal and compatible with the 2008 GS? Also wondering if I can obtain some side mirror extensions as I'm having to lean a little a bit more than I would like to see my mirrors. I'm just a regular sized person, but would like to be able to see my sides with just turning my head and not actually moving my body too much to either side. Anyone have any ideas to where I could go? Thanks in advance, our local dealership recommended this site and forum
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome,

Brake pedal : http://www.lamonstergarage.com/full-...an-am-spyders/

Risers: https://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mo...-s-models.html (unfortunately these ones you have to cut your stock bars) I have Helibars no-cut risers but they've discontinued them.

Mirror extensions: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm

The front page of this forum has links to many vendors. Or do like me and look on eBay and Amazon.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

That may be a tough one because of the age of the machine and that it is now discontinued. Site sponsors may still have some stuff. There was not a lot of aftermarket stuff for the 08. I went on a farkle fest with that one, but that was now 9 years ago.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 08 GS and BRP has replacement parts for the 08s. I just put in a new gauge cluster, comfort seat, Yokohama tires all around, and many other bits and pieces on the bike. The only aftermarket parts I have are a Two Brothers Juicepack, NGK wires and plugs, the bigger brake peddle and the foam grip covers. One thing I want but cat get are the original Can-Am saddle bags, BRP or Givi stopped making them.
    Be glad you have the 08 model. They are much lighter and with very little modifications hit 125 hp. Adjust the shocks all around and install very good set of tires and it's one good riding, good handling, fast machine. Considering mine is #238 Can-Am really hit a home run on the original Spyder. Fun hot rod!!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Before and After

Here are just a few things you can do to a GS to make it better, Heli Bar riser, Madstad windshield,
    Givi Bags, Rivco floor boards and road pegs, ISCI arm rests, ISCI brake extension and large brake pedal shown here is a before and after foot pedal install. passenger floor boards mirror arm extensions and much more.
    ALL are available right here on the Spyder lovers site I carry most of them and more,
    Ride Safe and ENJOY

New Ride in the stable.jpg2.jpgIMG_4385.jpgIMG_3753.jpgphoto 2-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MamaRush View Post
    Hi, I've been a Spyder owner for 3 weeks now! Wow! FUN FUN! Switched from a V-star 950 touring cruiser. I'm having difficulty finding websites for online ordering of accessories for the 2008's? Very difficult to find. Does anyone have any suggestions of any good sites? I am looking for a brake pedal, a 2.5"or so handlebar riser, or something that will raise my handlebars to decrease the leaning forward distance for long rides. I do see a brake pedal in the store on this site, is it universal and compatible with the 2008 GS? Also wondering if I can obtain some side mirror extensions as I'm having to lean a little a bit more than I would like to see my mirrors. I'm just a regular sized person, but would like to be able to see my sides with just turning my head and not actually moving my body too much to either side. Anyone have any ideas to where I could go? Thanks in advance, our local dealership recommended this site and forum

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

To both the spyder world and this awesome site. Congrats on the new ryde his site, on the home page has a list of sponsors/vendors for most all your needs. You can also find items on ebay, amazon or by googling. Though not much for our rydes, I have an RS, they may get scarce now that they no longer make these...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for this info, this was awesome and very helpful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Welcome,

Brake pedal : http://www.lamonstergarage.com/full-...an-am-spyders/

Risers: https://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-mo...-s-models.html (unfortunately these ones you have to cut your stock bars) I have Helibars no-cut risers but they've discontinued them.

Mirror extensions: http://www.customdynamics.com/can_am...ccessories.htm

The front page of this forum has links to many vendors. Or do like me and look on eBay and Amazon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks so much!!! I'm having a blast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    To both the spyder world and this awesome site. Congrats on the new ryde his site, on the home page has a list of sponsors/vendors for most all your needs. You can also find items on ebay, amazon or by googling. Though not much for our rydes, I have an RS, they may get scarce now that they no longer make these...
    SaveSave

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow, this is really helpful, thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Here are just a few things you can do to a GS to make it better, Heli Bar riser, Madstad windshield,
    Givi Bags, Rivco floor boards and road pegs, ISCI arm rests, ISCI brake extension and large brake pedal shown here is a before and after foot pedal install. passenger floor boards mirror arm extensions and much more.
    ALL are available right here on the Spyder lovers site I carry most of them and more,
    Ride Safe and ENJOY

New Ride in the stable.jpg2.jpgIMG_4385.jpgIMG_3753.jpgphoto 2-1.jpg

Spyder Garage

And a few more:

2008 and 2009

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red