Thread: rear brakes

Spyder Garage

Default rear brakes

I am trying to replace the rear pads on my 2014 RT. I screw the piston clockwise and it did go in. But, it's not enough. How much will I need to go and can I go to far? Is there a stop. Probably screwed in about 8 turns.

Spyder Garage

You have to release the emergency brake. Or remove the emergency break bracket from the caliper. The caliper is stuck with emergency break on. Look at the emergency break mechanism. Same thing happened to me, had me going for a while.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, my pistons do not screw in (2008). I had to use a C-clamp to depress them, but it sounds like the same issue.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmokenJoe View Post
    I am trying to replace the rear pads on my 2014 RT. I screw the piston clockwise and it did go in. But, it's not enough. How much will I need to go and can I go to far? Is there a stop. Probably screwed in about 8 turns.
    How many miles are on your bike? I just had mine in the shop at 17,200 miles for some other work, and I had them check over the braking system. The pads at all three corners were still good to go.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black