Thread: Spyderclamps

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderclamps

I'm in the market for some front wheel chocks and ran across this thread about Spyderclamps: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ht=sheel+chock One of the posts indicates Pitbull carries them. They're closed now, but I'll call them tomorrow.

But, in the meantime, does anyone know who else might be a supplier for these?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm in the market for some front wheel chocks and ran across this thread about Spyderclamps: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ht=sheel+chock One of the posts indicates Pitbull carries them. They're closed now, but I'll call them tomorrow.

But, in the meantime, does anyone know who else might be a supplier for these?
    You can order them direct from Spyderclamps. I have them and they are well worth the money. A+++++++

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think they are discontinued

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I think they are discontinued
    Superclamp made them but no more

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This looks similar but I don't know how the tire is clamped in. The description doesn't show.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...FUlNfgodUGEH-A

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    This looks similar but I don't know how the tire is clamped in. The description doesn't show.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...FUlNfgodUGEH-A
    Thanks, Mac. Did they name those for you?

I would order those except for the price and they couldn't ship until mid-June.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I have the Spyderclamps and I do like them, but they were very expensive. Also no longer made. I see by Mac's post someone else is going to made a similar product but again expensive. If I was going to do it again I would use a E track ATV tie down chock kit on the front wheels.

ATV wheel chock.jpg

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Patty, I have the Super/Spyder Clamps and they are great. Ask anyone who has them and they will tell

you they are well worth the money. I paid $365 plus shipping direct from factory in Canada.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Patty, I have the Super/Spyder Clamps and they are great. Ask anyone who has them and they will tell

you they are well worth the money. I paid $365 plus shipping direct from factory in Canada.

Jack
    But again they don't make them anymore.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

BillyBovine, Regarding the E track ATV tie down chock kit Nice simple elegant solution, fairly inexpensive too.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    BillyBovine, Regarding the E track ATV tie down chock kit Nice simple elegant solution, fairly inexpensive too.
    Not a new idea by me. Others have posted about this system. I just think it is a good idea.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I have the Spyderclamps and I do like them, but they were very expensive. Also no longer made. I see by Mac's post someone else is going to made a similar product but again expensive. If I was going to do it again I would use a E track ATV tie down chock kit on the front wheels.

ATV wheel chock.jpg
    I saw these on a 2-Spyder hauling open trailer @The Best Western Coach House Plus. This kit can be found on-line for between $32.00-$70.00
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ATV wheel chock.jpg
    This would be a possibility. Two concerns:
    1. Would this method be secure enough against lateral forces?
    2. How difficult is it to get the straps over the tires with the fenders so close?

Opinions, please.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    This would be a possibility. Two concerns:
    1. Would this method be secure enough against lateral forces?
    2. How difficult is it to get the straps over the tires with the fenders so close?

Opinions, please.
    I have this system for my UTV and it works great. For the Spyder Trailer I put one Tie down hook in front and behind the spyders front tires. Then I just use the strap over each front tire. I also use a strap around the hitch on the Spyder (instead of thru the back tire) to stabilize any other movement. Putting the strap on between the tire and fender takes a little concentration as there is not much space between tire and fender but with a open trailer its not bad. Wife usually does it as she has smaller hands. We have traveled thousands of miles with no mishaps. But I have had one front tire strap work loose and so I check often. I think I don't get them tight enough at first. But even with one strap loose the spyder never moved. I have been looking at tire basket straps (Google them) they look like the better way to go but I worry they may be to large for the spiders tires.
    Sorry I don't have any pictures. As others have said this is a cheaper way to go and works great. Good luck. We will be at the 10th if anyone want to see in person. Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

ATV wheel chock.jpg
    You really don't even need the kit. Just buy some good d-rings and install them in the deck of your trailer so one is directly behind, and one is directly in front of the tires. Then put a strap over the center of the tire as shown and cinch it down. Cheap, fast, and easy.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White