Spyder Garage

Post 2011 SE5 is it normal to clunk when selecting reverse and first from Neutral?

Just bought used with 19K miles. Question#1, is it normal for the spyder to clunk when putting into reverse and and from neutral into 1st gear. Second question, where is the best web site to look for accesseries, like floor boards, etc.

Thanks to everyone that responded, your answers were very helpfull. When I posted these questions I ment to indicate running boards, not floor boards. I would be interested in purchasing them if anyone has any to sell.

Thanks
    JT
    Last edited by J Tabor; 05-08-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Clunk

Quote Originally Posted by J Tabor View Post
    Just bought used with 19K miles. Question#1, is it normal for the spyder to clunk when putting into reverse and and from neutral into 1st gear. Second question, where is the best web site to look for accesseries, like floor boards, etc.

Thanks
    JT
    The clunk is normal.

Go to the home page and browse each supporting venders website. You'll likely find anything and everything you'll ever want or need for your Spyder.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just bought used with 19K miles. Question#1, is it normal for the spyder to clunk when putting into reverse and and from neutral into 1st gear.

Second question, where is the best web site to look for accesseries, like floor boards, etc.
    #1 YES. Pretty much ALL bikes; some worse than others. Clutch dragging makes it worse but that's pretty rare.

Try a Google search for can-am spyder accessories. That may get you some options that folks here might not mention.

Spyder Garage

Default Yup

That clunk noise is normal.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks
    JT
    The clunk is normal, and you are in luck, I just sold my 2012 RSS and I have a set of floor boards that I am selling. They were on my bike for about 3 weeks. Here are a couple of pictures. Shoot me a text if you are interested. I am asking $225 shipped.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Yes. My 2012 RS SE5 does the big clunk into reverse/1st. Worried me at first, too. Ride on!
    ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    2012 Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Default There you go....

As stated above the clunk is normal. It is worse on big twins but engaging the engine to a stationary transmission is the reaso it only happens in first and reverse. Once the trans is moving shifts are smooth...
    As for accessories, the home page has most items one looks for but there are other vendors you can google to find...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hi J Tabor,

Re: where is the best web site to look for accesseries, like floor boards, etc.

I hope that you realize that this is the first step in a long journey with financial repercussions.

BTDT,

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5