Thread: SPYDERFEST

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERFEST

Purchased my RTS-SM6 last May so missed Spyderfest 2016. Made it to the Rendezvous last August in Johnson Creek, though, sponsored by Rob's Performance. Figured that had to be second best to the famed Spyderfest so was very anxious to make the 850 mile trip to Springfield this year. Must say, though, I was disappointed. Expected a lot more vendors, more Spyders and just more going on. I suppose I've been spoiled with trips out to Americade in the past. I'm not into group rides, so did pass on those.
    At any rate, can't say enough good about the Rendezvous. Rob's Performance was very ready to be the super host, with the dealership well stocked with parts, accessories and apparel. The staff was geeked and ready to serve. The culture that Rob has accomplished at his dealership over the past 35 years is just excellent. For me, I don't reckon to return to Spyderfest, but have already registered for this year's Rendezvous in Johnson Creek, WI. 400 limit. Hope to see 399 of ya'll there, eh!!
    Stick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry for the disappointment. Got a feeling that the CanAm Homecoming has an affect on Spyderfest this year. A lot of folks are saving up to go to the Homecoming event because of vacation times and fun funds available.

Spyder Garage

Sounds right, Kngfsh. Thanx.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think the impact of the weather in 2016 on the scheduled events may have had a negative impact. The weather in 2017 was worse, many attendees left 2 days early(Friday) to avoid the monsoons headed to the area. The reduced # of Vendors is anybodies' guess. Could be what the Fairgrounds charged for booth space. Could be their 6:00 PM closing time. Could it be too many events, causing vendors to pick and choose their events.
    My feeling is the MOGANG has many issues to discuss(weather, lack of hotel security, location of the event) before the plans for 2018 are announced.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited