Spyder Garage

Default Electrical (light) Problem

The red tail light on the bottom back of the front fender on my 2012 RTL quit working. Its mounted on the black plastic or rubber part at the bottom of the fender. I removed the two screws but the wire doesn't have a disconnect on it, also check under the fender and no disconnect there either. To me it doesn't look like the lens comes off the light. Anyone had this problem and if so how do you get inside the light to fix?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Is the marker light on the front of the fender on? The set up I had for the mudflap light had it hooked to the marker light, so if one is on and the other isn't, you've got a bad wire between them.

john

Spyder Garage

Went to check front marker light and yes it is on and for some reason the light on back of fender is now also working. so problem fixed "right" not. I have noticed it will work sometimes and not others. If it is not working I can jiggle the fender and it will work sometimes then go out as I am riding. I think the wire to light is loose but can't figure out how to get inside light to fix. Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Take the whole fender assembly off. Remove the 4 bolts marked item 62 in the following diagram. Unplug the harness under the upper A-arm.

fender assy.jpg

2018 F3 LIMITED