Spyder Garage

Default Finally lit up the Spyder

Finally got around to lighting up the F3. Took longer and was more tedious than it should have since I am sure I have a touch of OCD when it comes to things like this...I try to make it so that not a single light strip or wire can be seen in the daylight. I think it turned out pretty nice.

20170429_223440.jpg20170429_223450.jpg20170429_223503.jpg20170429_223519.jpg20170429_223539.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW LIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlesplatter View Post
    Finally got around to lighting up the F3. Took longer and was more tedious than it should have since I am sure I have a touch of OCD when it comes to things like this...I try to make it so that not a single light strip or wire can be seen in the daylight. I think it turned out pretty nice.

20170429_223440.jpg20170429_223450.jpg20170429_223503.jpg20170429_223519.jpg20170429_223539.jpg
    They look ....BLUE ... I'm betting your first night ride will get you an interview with an LEO ..... hopefully just a warning and not a ticket ....... good luck ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    They look ....BLUE ... I'm betting your first night ride will get you an interview with an LEO ..... hopefully just a warning and not a ticket ....... good luck ...... Mike
    They are VERY much blue. Yeah, I know I am taking a chance with that, but I also have red LEDs on my R1 and have never had any issues. Rumor has it, as long as they are not forward facing, they won't mess with you.

And it is very much spelled out in the in the "2010 Maryland Code TRANSPORTATION" http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...title-2/22-221 -

(ii) Lighting under this subsection may not:
    1. Be attached to the wheels of the motorcycle; or 2. Emit a red or blue light.

(DOH!!!)

Spyder Garage

If you happen to travel through Arkansas, keep those lights off, Displaying blue lights on a non police vehicle is a FELONY in Arkansas and will result in your arrest and the confiscation of your vehicle.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But as long as they're only used in parking lot "Light Shows": they'd be okay?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But as long as they're only used in parking lot "Light Shows": they'd be okay?
    That has not been an issue yet, mind you i say YET.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Give them some time... they'll figure out another way, to try and make us miserable!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

During bike week in Ocean City MD last September they were issuing citations for blue lights with much less intensity then yours. My advice when near an event would be to turn them off till you find out what the rules are for the event, they vary. Up at Lake George NY during Americade their pet peeve is burning rubber. The list goes on. My thoughts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    During bike week in Ocean City MD last September they were issuing citations for blue lights with much less intensity then yours. My advice when near an event would be to turn them off till you find out what the rules are for the event, they vary. Up at Lake George NY during Americade their pet peeve is burning rubber. The list goes on. My thoughts.
    Sigh... I may just place some transparent amber tape on them now and turn them green.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sigh... I may just place some transparent amber tape on them now and turn them green.
    Oh slow down there, chief!

If you make them green then you may offend some tree hugger types because you are using their color on your fossil fuel powered ambassador of pollution and polar bear extinction machinery.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great job lighting up your spyder F3.
    Great job

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default LED LIGHTS

I hear you on this lights thing ............ my Spyder is lit up like a Christmas tree ..... however I stuck with Red and Amber in all the correct places according to Fed. D.O.T. regs............ I've been stopped and questioned a few times, but when the talk got around to the colors and DOT regs they agreed that TT units are pretty much lit up the same way and wouldn't get a ticket either ............... Mike