Spyder Garage

Default 2017 F3L trailer hitch

Gonna try again, last post on this subject is lost. Can I safely assume that
    the F3, F3S and F3T hitches are all the same and will fit my F3L? I have searched
    around and there are no 2017 F3L hitches listed and I am needing a receiver style
    hitch. Opinions, suggestions and advice are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dray

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The swingarm for the F3 and F3S is different from the F3T and F3 Limited. The swing arm for the F3T and F3 Limited is the same as for the RT, so a show chrome hitch should work for both. This also would be the same for the RS and ST.
    I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think they are all the same except for the F3 and F3S.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

There is no factory trailer hitch available for F3 and F3S. There is a factory trailer hitch available for the F3Limited and F3T.
    The 2016 F3 T or Limited will fir the 2017 F3T and Limited models.

Spyder Garage

Just be mindful that any aftermarket hitch may void your warranty!
    Last edited by BlueKnight; 05-05-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKnight View Post
    Just be mindful that any aftermarket hitch may void your warranty!
    BRP does not say that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Says it right on their web page, their hitch is the only hitch that "maintains vehicle warranty requirements". It also says the same thing about the Freedom Trailer.

I ran an aftermarket hitch with no problems, but if it did come down to it, they could refuse to cover something if it involved the hitch.
    Last edited by BlueKnight; 05-05-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes they do in their commercial, their hitch is the only approved hitch that will not void your warranty
    That is sales speak. Why would they approve a hitch that would void your warranty. Many are running non-approved hitches and still have warranties.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    That is sales speak. Why would they approve a hitch that would void your warranty. Many are running non-approved hitches and still have warranties.
    Its not sales speak this is copied right from he accessory web site for can am spyder trailer hitches. here is link check it out.https://www.brp.ca/spyder/shop/acces...ler-hitch.html

Description

Heavy-duty trailer hitch specifically designed for use with Can-Am Freedom Trailer. Patent pending impact-absorbing mechanical design ensures maximum trailer and vehicle performance and better comfort. Meets all stringent vehicle safety requirements. Integrated mud flap reduces damage from rock chips and other debris. Wiring components and full-function light control module included. Installs and removes easily. Only system on the market that maintains vehicle warranty requirements.

Compatibility

Spyder F3-T, F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY

Says it right on their web page, their hitch is the only hitch that "maintains vehicle warranty requirements". It also says the same thing about the Freedom Trailer.

I ran an aftermarket hitch with no problems, but if it did come down to it, they could refuse to cover something if it involved the hitch.
    This does not say " VOID " ...... read the Moss-Magnussen Act you are covered unless you live in Canada ............... Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Its not sales speak this is copied right from he accessory web site for can am spyder trailer hitches. here is link check it out.https://www.brp.ca/spyder/shop/acces...ler-hitch.html.......................

Description

Heavy-duty trailer hitch specifically designed for use with Can-Am Freedom Trailer. Patent pending impact-absorbing mechanical design ensures maximum trailer and vehicle performance and better comfort. Meets all stringent vehicle safety requirements. Integrated mud flap reduces damage from rock chips and other debris. Wiring components and full-function light control module included. Installs and removes easily. Only system on the market that maintains vehicle warranty requirements.

This also does not use the word " VOID "..... and that makes a HUGH difference ............... your welcome ...... Mike .... .................................................. ...........................

Compatibility.......................

Spyder F3-T, F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

As you quoted. The marketing hype for the hitch says "maintains vehicle warranty requirements". Why would you change the wording and the meaning by saying that an aftermarket hitch will void your warranty. Any and all aftermarket accessories that you add to your Spyder that cause a problem. That problem is not covered by your warranty. It did not void your warranty. You still have warranty coverage for the rest of the Spyder that was not damaged by the accessory. Adding a BRP approved accessory and that accessory damages your Spyder. BRP will fix your Spyder even though the damage was not caused by materials and workmanship of the Spyder itself. Maintains vehicle warranty requirements. That statement refers to the warranty scope statement. Specifically statement (4).

warranty.jpg

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Like I said sales speak.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White