Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    For more feed back from first adopters before sending my ECU some where. What if gets lost? or Roasted while being remapped? Waiting this one out!: pray:
    I send/receive hundreds of packages a year, ive had a few held up in customs from time to time and a few get delayed for some reason but have not had a package go missing this is the joy of track and trace and to send your ecu is cheap.
    As for the ecu getting bricked in this day and age its very unlikely an all the years i have been doing this ive had maybe 4 ecus take a crap,
    The funny things all these ecu's were having updates via buds at our Can am dealership in saying this i did manage to "Fix" the ecu's with rewriting new software with my own system.

Jase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    so I bought a 2013 STS998 brand new. from day one could not use 5th gear below 60 mph and then the engine din't like it. After 3 years my dealer hired a spyder super mechanic. He did a computer "upgrade" all of a sudden I could shift into 5th at 45 with no problem if I wanted to my gas mileage went up 5 mpg. the mechanic said he could set it up so I could smoke the tires if I wanted but was not into that
    Sounds like the shifting module was not set up correctly from factory i see this alot and it scares the crap out of most techs playing with parts of buds they dont understand.
    The correct way to made sure the bike has learned its gears and shift adaption is to actually delete all the known parameters for gears on buds then while holding the laptop open with your legs nice and easy go for a ride letting buds re learn the gears.
    Looks funny seeing a guy scream past on a spyder with a laptop on his knees

Jase

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hello everyone,
    I am the owner of the F3S with the ECU tune by Jase. I'd like to share with you my experience. I've had the tune for more than three months now, the bike runs on unleaded 98 only. When i bought the bike with the stock ECU I was really disappointed with the lack of power/torque in 2nd ,3rd gear. Because I use my spyder a lot to commute I don't want to be to high in the rpm because it'll make me look like an imbecile on three wheels, especially since I have the Akrapovic exhaust.
    Now what the tune does is letting the bike express itself a lot more below 3,500rpm as low as 2,000rpm. Believe me it is just mind blowing. The bike just pulls the way it should do. I've ridden an RS many years ago and the RS seemed to have more torque wight he standard setting than my F3 so i was really puzzled on why BRP would "kill" their engine like this. It really is frustrating as standard to have such a sluggish engine. Past the 5,500rpm there isn't much difference, on both tunes the bike is a rocket !

Nonetheless Jase is here and he's one of those mechanic geniuses with the right attitude to match. I couldn't recommend and think him enough for the work is done on my bike. He's been working on hundreds spyders both here and in NZ. No issue at all related to the tune in those three months.

Any questions feel free to ask but I think he's covered everything already.

Spyder Garage

Jase, perhaps you can send one to Lamont or JCTHORNE, both of whom we all know and trust. I know if either of them sign off on this and confirm what you say this can do you will probably have 100's of ECUs at your doorstep within a couple of weeks.

2015 F3 SE6

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gremio View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am the owner of the F3S with the ECU tune by Jase. I'd like to share with you my experience. I've had the tune for more than three months now, the bike runs on unleaded 98 only. When i bought the bike with the stock ECU I was really disappointed with the lack of power/torque in 2nd ,3rd gear. Because I use my spyder a lot to commute I don't want to be to high in the rpm because it'll make me look like an imbecile on three wheels, especially since I have the Akrapovic exhaust.
    Now what the tune does is letting the bike express itself a lot more below 3,500rpm as low as 2,000rpm. Believe me it is just mind blowing. The bike just pulls the way it should do. I've ridden an RS many years ago and the RS seemed to have more torque wight he standard setting than my F3 so i was really puzzled on why BRP would "kill" their engine like this. It really is frustrating as standard to have such a sluggish engine. Past the 5,500rpm there isn't much difference, on both tunes the bike is a rocket !

Nonetheless Jase is here and he's one of those mechanic geniuses with the right attitude to match. I couldn't recommend and think him enough for the work is done on my bike. He's been working on hundreds spyders both here and in NZ. No issue at all related to the tune in those three months.

Any questions feel free to ask but I think he's covered everything already.
    " unleaded 98 only " to best of my knowledge 94 oct is the highest pump gas available in the USA ...... I hope this was a typo ???????? ........... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " unleaded 98 only " to best of my knowledge 94 oct is the highest pump gas available in the USA ...... I hope this was a typo ???????? ........... Mike
    He lives in Perth, Western Australia!
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That racing fuel almost in my area..

Spyder Garage

He's talking 98 RON which equals 93 octane.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dan,
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    I'm pretty sure that Mike swallowed his tongue at the thought of having to buy racing fuel! Faint.gif

(Can someone get Mike a glass of water?? )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    Jase, perhaps you can send one to Lamont or JCTHORNE, both of whom we all know and trust. I know if either of them sign off on this and confirm what you say this can do you will probably have 100's of ECUs at your doorstep within a couple of weeks.
    It can't be trusted until an American says it's OK, Siny?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    It can't be trusted until an American says it's OK, Siny?

Pete
    I also think the poster has not read the whole thread, Jase can't send an ECU over to the US to test the map. An owner needs to send the ECU from their particular spyder to Jase so he can reprogram it and then have it sent back.

I intend to get this done later in the year but at the moment I don't want my bike off the road. I'll certainly post my impressions as and when I get it done.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

I thought I heard that Cowtown? near Springfield was messing with something like this. Don't know any real facts.

Spyder Garage

Default REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Dan,
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    I'm pretty sure that Mike swallowed his tongue at the thought of having to buy racing fuel! Faint.gif

(Can someone get Mike a glass of water?? )
    KMA Bob ....... KMA .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    I have spoken to one of the above mentioned regarding tuning his bike,
    Hes very keen and wants to send his ecu to me in a few weeks
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He's talking 98 RON which equals 93 octane.....
    Absolutely correct
    That is the best pump fuel we can run here with out having to run Efuels

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes all I meant 98 ron, my bad for the confusion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, Jase, seeing as I started this thread - can I look for my commission cheque in the mail?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gremio View Post
    Yes all I meant 98 ron, my bad for the confusion.
    Gremio/Jase,
    When you say "the bike runs on unleaded 98 only" (that's 98 RON of course, Mike ), does that mean it can ONLY run on 98 once the remap is done, or that you "prefer" to run it on 98, but it would be OK on 95 (that's 95 RON of course, Mike ). I ask as we can often only get up to 95 in the country areas. (That's 95 RON of course, Mike)

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Gremio/Jase,
    When you say "the bike runs on unleaded 98 only" (that's 98 RON of course, Mike ), does that mean it can ONLY run on 98 once the remap is done, or that you "prefer" to run it on 98, but it would be OK on 95 (that's 95 RON of course, Mike ). I ask as we can often only get up to 95 in the country areas. (That's 95 RON of course, Mike)

Pete
    Hi Pete
    Yes 95-98 is fine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    So, Jase, seeing as I started this thread - can I look for my commission cheque in the mail?

Of course

Spyder Garage

Default HEY PETE

Gremio/Jase,

Pete
    KMA ....ALSO........ ....... Mike

Spyder Garage

KMA ....ALSO........ ....... Mike
    No need to shout, Mike .......

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I have spoken to one of the above mentioned regarding tuning his bike,
    Hes very keen and wants to send his ecu to me in a few weeks
    Thanks
    Excellent, will be interesting to read their review.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

KMA Bob ....... KMA .... Mike

LipSticked Pig.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Real Mods

I have been looking for just this! Mike, AKA BLUEKNIGHT911 sent me here. This is glorious***

Jase I'll be reaching out for sure!!