Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you Bruce.
    Now people know where to go for this remap. Your efforts much appreciated.

At least I now know that it is NOT a brp authorised remap.

All good, thanks everyone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    This is the true facts about the F3 ECU remap, now as per the comments made on here that this is a BRP remap and any dealer will be able to help with getting it is utter crap.

This remap has been done and only done by one person here in NZ and Australia and I have talked to him today at great lengths about what has been said and what he is doing to help F3 owners that want a more lively F3.

He has given me permission to pass on his contact information so if any one is interested please feel free to send me a P/M.
    Maybe get your facts right before inferring that I am telling lies. The remap that was done on my F3 and many other F3s was done to improve performance in 2nd gear, as I said in my original post. This was supplied to my dealer and a few others by BRP Australia.
    It is not a full remap like the guy that offers his remapping service on Trade Me does.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Maybe get your facts right before inferring that I am telling lies. The remap that was done on my F3 and many other F3s was done to improve performance in 2nd gear, as I said in my original post. This was supplied to my dealer and a few others by BRP Australia.
    It is not a full remap like the guy that offers his remapping service on Trade Me does.

Colin I have talked to the chap that did your remap and all the others in NZ so I do know what I am talking about.

Spyder Garage

I would take the upgrade was available .. warranty comes first though.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Colin I have talked to the chap that did your remap and all the others in NZ so I do know what I am talking about.
    Not wanting to get into a debate, but if you are referring to Jason, he has never had anything to do with my Spyder, and I have just spoken to my dealer to confirm this.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Not wanting to get into a debate, but if you are referring to Jason, he has never had anything to do with my Spyder, and I have just spoken to my dealer to confirm this.
    Well why have you not replied to feed #42

Colin - as it's a brp remap - any chance you can ask your dealer for any clues, like the number of the Technical Service Bulletin ?? What is the name of your dealer?

If I can give a reference number to my dealer, all is generally good; without it, not so good.

Failing a TSB, can you find anything specific I can pass on to my guy?

Now that I know there are quite a few spyders with this remap, I shall give a WA dealer a call... Wish me luck. If I find anything, I shall certainly pass on email info.

yes - the Perth one is the same one I mentioned as having the remap.

and yes it is Jason that told me about doing yours and yes he did work for BRP in Australia.

Spyder Garage

Default Remap Service

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    A fellow in Western Australia is selling an F3S which has had an ECU remap done by the authorised Seadoo dealer.

He tells me that hp went from 115 to 127
    and Nm from 130 to 145

As he says, when in 3rd gear at 60kph pre-remap = need to downchange gear,
    after remap "bike just goes"

His summary is more torque, more enjoyable below 3000rpm, better throttle response, less gear changing so improved mpg. Easily reversible.

Nb we do not have the long belt/different sprocket here in oz.n

My query is - has anyone else heard of this ? ?
    Hi Everyone
    I had a call from one of my customers this morning regarding this thread and he wanted me to post a reply,

My name is Jason and im the guy mentioned in this thread, i was the workshop Manager at australia's largest and no1 Can Am dealership
    and also have my own business remapping all types of seadoo and can am including spyders.
    I have been remapping spyders since 2007/8 when they first came out,
    Since then we have remapped a hell of alot of spyders in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, Asia and the Middle east.

On our remaps i do the following
    Lift rev limiter
    Change the way the traction control comes in
    Optimize fuel and afr maps
    Optimize timing maps
    Optimize gear selection (auto trans)
    Remove speed limit restrictors
    and quite a bit more (trade secrets), so what you get is a bike with much more torque , faster and cleaner acceleration , better gear changing and better fuel economy its night and day difference.
    These bikes from factory run lean to pass emission laws so the small mods that people tend to do like air filter, cat removal, exhaust mods etc etc will actually run your bike dangerously lean and you run the risk of melting a piston.
    If you have played with your bike i suggest you remove the spark plugs and have a good look if they are white they are very lean if they are white with little specs on the electrode i would suggest your engine has been detonating either been to lean or wrong fuel.
    The ecu's in these bikes are so smart and far superior to any ecu that you will get in a car in actual fact they have a couple of hundred maps just for the fueling side alone then you have timing and compensation maps etc but can only do so much to compensate changes from factory "stock".

I can remap any spyders from late 2007 to latest 2017, manual or auto.

As for the BRP" Remap" there isn't one brp have had small software changes and releases over the last few years one of them actually helped slightly with gear changes or laziness by adding a little bit of timing but this is only available when the dealer plugs buds in and the ecu needs a software upgrade.
    I am a BRP authorised tech and have even done mapping for BRP.

A lot of the earlier 1330 did need the software upgrade but the later spyders have this from factory this is why some guys who have been to the dealership noticed a difference and some dont.
    And to be honest even the latest bikes still suffer from the the lazyness in the gears but this we can change in the remaps.

The F3 that was mentioned in the "for sale ad" i remapped a few months ago i have actually messaged this customer to come here and share his findings with this group.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or message me
    I can also be contacted on 0415041477

Thanks
    Jason

Spyder Garage

Hey Jason, do you have a website or email contact to discuss details of all this sort of stuff for our Spyders, or would you rather do it here??

Oh, & do you do anything for the V-Twins too??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Hey Jason, do you have a website or email contact to discuss details of all this sort of stuff for our Spyders, or would you rather do it here??

Oh, & do you do anything for the V-Twins too??
    Hi Peter
    I can be contacted on 0415041477 or mail rotaxracing@gmail.com for any questions, my new web site is been done as we speak!

Thanks
    Jase

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    You're
    asking why someone would want more torque or power?

Just hand in your man card at the door.
    Always be wary of those that threaten to take your man card. My sons took mine years ago when I bought a Hybrid car and an electric mower. When I asked how to get it back I was told that I cannot ask,it was all very vague.

After a few year ear I got an "official" man card, the rules are layer out quite clearly.
    1 . You must burp your naame in front of other men, or,
    2. You must build something with a power tool.

FYI, the hybrid car was gone in a year, what a bad idea, and the mower lasted a month.

Needless to say my wallet holds an official man card and my man cave / awesome garage, displays the certificate of authenticity. One other footnote, because of other reasons I had my testosterone checked. Normal levels are between 200 and 1,000, mine is over 850, not bad for a geezer.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will not divulge the party that was mentioned but a week or two on this site there was a post talking about on each of the best Spyder techs in the USA, at a dealership that had devised a remapping and it was currently under trials for the past six months. What will happen with this who knows.

Let's face it, whether you need it or not there are always those looking for more power, new heights, more strength and better stamina, everyone is right, just some are more right than others.

After all, like the sign states, "If I were to agree with you, we would both be wrong!" Of course that is from one perspective.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

jase, what is the address of your new website????

is it something like rotaxracing.com ?????
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
    jase, what is the address of your new website????

is it something like rotaxracing.com ?????
    Hi web site still under construction, but i thought i had better get the ok to post details on this site first as i wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes
    If you have questions please shoot me a PM or email
    Thanks
    Jase

Spyder Garage

How would someone in the US take advantage of this remaping service? Can you send a file that can be uploaded to the bike via BUDS?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    How would someone in the US take advantage of this remaping service? Can you send a file that can be uploaded to the bike via BUDS?
    Hi
    I have looked into this but couldn't justify the set up costs.
    I get sent ecu's every week from all over the world, we normally have a fairly quick turn around time and can ship back promptly.
    Thanks
    Jase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Hi
    I get sent ecu's every week from all over the world, we normally have a fairly quick turn around time and can ship back promptly.
    Thanks
    Jase
    If a local dealer accomplishes a simple BUDS update, will that overwrite your changes or are these permanent locked data?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    If a local dealer accomplishes a simple BUDS update, will that overwrite your changes or are these permanent locked data?
    A basic buds check, fault clear, maint reset etc wont harm our files as they are stored in a different part of the ecu
    But if you had a full firmware update (very very unlikely)yes this can run risks of the tune been wiped.
    I keep all my customers details on file as well as software/firmware versions and can always rewrite tune at no cost just a small post back fee.

Spyder Garage

@Jase

Does updating the ECU void manufacturer warranty?
    Also, prior to reading this thread I was wondering if ECU setup/coding is a big part of the difference between the regular F3 and the F3-S? (the extra ~10 ponies)

I have a stock F3-S D500 (SE), and it's pretty snappy. However, I'd really love to have smoother shifting from 1'st to second. Sometimes it's a bit rough IMO. (Maybe that's completely normal.) Feathering the throttle does help, but not always. (So I'm not so sure it's the right way to do things.*)

Note: Have owned quite a few sport bikes in the past. This is the first "paddle shift" machine I've ever owned/driven.

~Bob
    🏁🏁 "Live Free Or Die" 🏁🏁

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Torque is a good thing IMO. A little more couldn't hurt anything as long as you don't go crazy with all kinds of other mods. Hell the Harleys have more Torgue than the Spyder and its only a 2 cylinder

"only a 2 cylinder" is one of the reasons it has more torque. Engines with fewer (yet larger) cylinders and longer strokes tend to have more TQ than shorter stroke multi-cyl engines. Don't forget, we are only 1330 cc. We have more hp than a H-D, but require much higher rpm to achieve that power. Personally, I prefer the higher TQ in the lower rpm range that I use most. (how often are you at >6000 rpm where your HP resides?)
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Hi
    Thanks
    Jase
    hi Jason,

would you be able to provide a cost in US dollars if we were to send you the ECU? Also, what is the turn around time if being mailed from the US? was thinking this can be an option once the bike is parked for the winter months.

is it easy to remove the ecu?

thanks!

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

You are better to send Jason a PM or a direct email for those questions he is a great chap to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    hi Jason,

would you be able to provide a cost in US dollars if we were to send you the ECU? Also, what is the turn around time if being mailed from the US? was thinking this can be an option once the bike is parked for the winter months.

thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TRLBLZR1 View Post
    @Jase

Does updating the ECU void manufacturer warranty?
    Also, prior to reading this thread I was wondering if ECU setup/coding is a big part of the difference between the regular F3 and the F3-S? (the extra ~10 ponies)

I have a stock F3-S D500 (SE), and it's pretty snappy. However, I'd really love to have smoother shifting from 1'st to second. Sometimes it's a bit rough IMO. (Maybe that's completely normal.) Feathering the throttle does help, but not always. (So I'm not so sure it's the right way to do things.*)

Note: Have owned quite a few sport bikes in the past. This is the first "paddle shift" machine I've ever owned/driven.

~Bob
    Hi Bob
    The warranty this is really up to your dealers discretion,
    You have to remember that "ALL" manufactures dont want any of there products changed in any way.
    This includes changing of tyres , or exhaust , changes , air filter changes , cat bypass the smallest of things can void your warranty unless bought from the manufacturer.
    In saying this my tunes are virtually untraceable and having worked around brp dealerships for many years i do know they will never have the equipment to read the ecu.
    The coding between all the models are similar (vary from software versions) but each bike has different every day running maps all the can ams are very restricted from factory so there is a great difference between a stock and modified map and this includes helping with gear changing.
    Thanks
    Jase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    hi Jason,

thanks!
    Hi
    Im quite happy to give pricing via pm at this stage, i want to email the powers upstairs of this web site and get the ok to put the pricing on a open forum ( don't like to step on anyone's toes)
    My service is fairly quick i normally say a time of 7-10 days.
    depending on the bike is depending where the ecu is but normally down on the lhs under the cowling.
    The ecu is held in via 3 screws if you unplug the 2 x main wire plugs (on these the plugs have a little push tang if you push this in and sweep the locking arm open in one movement the plug will come out fairly easy)
    If anyone has a issue in removing these i might be able to do a step by step drawing.
    Shipping these days is very fast,i just sent a ecu back to greece from australia and it took 4 days.
    Any questions please feel free to ask

Thanks
    Jase

Spyder Garage

Just sent you a PM Jase.

Spyder Garage

Very interested in this. I heard someone in Canada was doing a similar thing, but it sounds like Jase really knows what he's talking about.

A thought comes to mind.....

Is it possible to have two ECU's and swap them from a regular one to a re-mapped one? Could a person buy an extra ECU, send it to Jase for the updates and then just replace it with their stock ECU when he ships it back? This would allow you to switch back, send it in for re-mapping again if needed without downtime, etc.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!