Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Brake Pedal Height Adjustment?

Is it possible to adjust the height of the brake pedal on an F3?

I have the stock pegs and find that I need to raise my toes a bit more than is comfortable before moving my foot onto the brake pedal. I'd prefer that I could just slide the foot a bit to the left while on the peg in order to access the brake pedal (rather than raising the foot before moving it onto the pedal).

So, is it possible to make some sort of adjustment to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

google this:

brake pedal site:www.spyderlovers.com

Spyder Garage

This is the way I modified my wife's F3 Ltd. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...e-link-rod-mod

H2O

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Drill a hole 1/2" behind the hole on the front end of the brake rod. I posted pics on how I did mine at the beginning of this year.
    It made my brake pedal easy to reach.

Spyder Garage

There are a lot of threads on this with a number of solutions, as Siny says, Newbert. Unfortunately, they are scattered across the site. It's worth having a search. Some have cut and welded the rod etc, but you have to be careful that you don't lower the pedal too far as it may prevent the pedal from going forward full distance.

My solution cost me nothing, as a byproduct of going with Lamont's RIP boards for my big feet. The RIP boards change the angle of your feet and allow you to leave your heel on the board while accessing the brake.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I did something much more simple. I drilled a hole (same size as the existing) closer to the yoke which moved the pedal about 3/4" lower and I got an extended brake pedal pad. I can ride with my foot on the brake without tripping the brake lights. To stop, just push. Tap to kill cruise. This relieved the pain I once got in my leg from raising my whole leg to hit the brake and I don't need to pigeon toe to actually hit the rubber. Fine tuning of the height is accomplished with washers between the steel brake pedal and the rubber. I needed to get longer bolts because I put three washers under the rubber. I have 500 or so M6 bolts so not a problem. BTW - the pedal does not raise to its former level, but stays down where you put it with this method. Can't speak for other methods.

brake rod.jpgextended brake.jpg
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey