Spyder Garage

Default Was I asking for too much?

Thursday I was at the Spyderfest Vendor Village getting a new windshield installed. While that was going on I stepped over to TricLED. I had the LED turn signals in the mirrors installed last year. One of the strips is not working properly. Three lights blink intermittently or not at all. I asked how much it would cost to either repair or replace the strip. The answer was no, won't do it. Too busy with new installs. I know all the vendors are busy but I only see them once a year. So, was I really asking too much from them considering the circumstances?

Spyder Garage

Default I'd give them a break...

I think of this situation like pulling into the dealership with a problem. The others were scheduled ahead of you. BUT - they should have said we'll send you a free replacement, a discounted one, etc. at that time IMHO.

Steve

Spyder Garage

I would go back to them and ask them to send you the strip for free. I also agree with the other person that they probably are busy with new installs but,,,,, they should at least make time for you at the end of the day and squeeze you in as the last customer. Just my opinion.
    Ride it like you stole it!

Spyder Garage

Default Really...🤔

Who did you talk to..? Check back with Reggie, they are very good and stand by their products and work. I don't see them not helping you out...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Who did you talk to..? Check back with Reggie, they are very good and stand by their products and work. I don't see them not helping you out...

Something is wrong here, I cannot imagine Reggie or Cindy sending you away with no option. I would suggest that you walk over there with a smile, be sure that you talk to one of them and tell your story again.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

They are so helpful!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

i also have to agree. call them. they are great people. i am sure something will be done for you
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

only hearing one side of the story, and how you asked probably plays into as much as how the answer is going to come back to you,..... and then to go public,....... sheesh

You asking how much to fix, they might have done it for free if it wasn't during probably there largest event.

However your question was,
    So, was I really asking too much from them considering the circumstances?
    Yes

JMO

Spyder Garage

Considering that LED's are said to have such a long life expectancy, no I don't think you were asking to much after only a year.

I was at Americade around five years ago and a guy comes up to the Bull Dog lift people to say that the pump on his older lift was starting to leak. Before he even finished telling them about the problem he was given a new pump assembly. No charge. He walked away a very happy customer.

Spyder Garage

There has to be more to the story because I have dealt them for 5 years.
    If you talk to Reggie or Cindy I am sure they will help you.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

I don't know names. There was a short lady and a taller one. I spoke to the taller woman. She went to speak to someone in the trailer. She came back with a negative reply. As I said in my original post, perhaps it was a bad time with the crowd at Spyderfest but considering that is the only time I can see them I had to ask.

Spyder Garage

Cindy is the short lady.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default See me

Come see me. I'm right beside them. I'll fix it for you. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Come see me at the booth

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Thursday I was at the Spyderfest Vendor Village getting a new windshield installed. While that was going on I stepped over to TricLED. I had the LED turn signals in the mirrors installed last year. One of the strips is not working properly. Three lights blink intermittently or not at all. I asked how much it would cost to either repair or replace the strip. The answer was no, won't do it. Too busy with new installs. I know all the vendors are busy but I only see them once a year. So, was I really asking too much from them considering the circumstances?
    Hello, this is Cindy at TricLED booth. I didn't remember you or remember having this conversation with you.
    TricLEd always replace defective LED for customer. If the installation was done by customer (or dealer), we give the LED on the spot to you.
    If the LED was installed by us , we find times to fix it also.
    Replacing LED on mirror takes 20 minutes, we definitely not too busy for that!.

You mentioned speaking with the other taller lady at the booth, her name is Sylvana, she's new and this is her 1st spyderfest. She might misunderstood the situation, and on her behalf I apologize if this was the issue.

But we are here until 6 pm so please come back. I hope to see you here and take care of this issue for you on the spot instead of here in Spyderlovers.
    I can be reached at my 954-908-7850 ext 3 if you need to speak to me.

Sincerely,
    Cindy
    Last edited by Cindy-TricLED; 04-29-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: typo

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    I think of this situation like pulling into the dealership with a problem. The others were scheduled ahead of you. BUT - they should have said we'll send you a free replacement, a discounted one, etc. at that time IMHO.

Steve
    Thank you Steven. TricLED always give free replacement for defective LED on the spot during shows or ship them by mail.

Spyder Garage

I have never known Tricled to not provide an immediate replacement for any damaged equipment (sometimes even if you have damaged it yourself through carelessness) and always with a smile and no charge, Scotts. I see Cindy has already replied with a logical explanation. Yes you had a right to be a little put out, but this was obviously an abberation, especially under the time pressures of trying to complete a zillion installs at a show. Tricled usually provide service equal to or better than any supplier I have worked with over my many years of riding. I hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction quickly.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=BUZZARD II;1251977]Considering that LED's are said to have such a long life expectancy, no I don't think you were asking to much after only a year.

Regarding LED lifespan, remember that these things are an absolute electronic device. LED = Light Emitting Diode. If you Bing search for electronic failure rates you will find that they are often accompanied by a graph. The graph for this type of curve is commonly referred to as a bathtub curve.

The bathtub curve demonstrates a high failure rate in the beginning a very low failure for a long period and a very high failure rate at the end.

There are many VERY popular household electronics that had 30%+ failure rates right out of the box, if you got one and it worked for a month you were sure to get years of trouble free service out of it. The same for LED lights, if you get a year it will last you a lifetime.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy-TricLED View Post
    Hello, this is Cindy at TricLED booth. I didn't remember you or remember having this conversation with you.
    TricLEd always replace defective LED for customer. If the installation was done by customer (or dealer), we give the LED on the spot to you.
    If the LED was installed by us , we find times to fix it also.
    Replacing LED on mirror takes 20 minutes, we definitely not too busy for that!.

You mentioned speaking with the other taller lady at the booth, her name is Sylvana, she's new and this is her 1st spyderfest. She might misunderstood the situation, and on her behalf I apologize if this was the issue.

But we are here until 6 pm so please come back. I hope to see you here and take care of this issue for you on the spot instead of here in Spyderlovers.
    I can be reached at my 954-908-7850 ext 3 if you need to speak to me.

Sincerely,
    Cindy
    Can't ask for any better service than what Cindy offered

Spyder Garage

It sounds like problem solved. I knew Tricled would come through.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Cindy for your offer to help. I had already left Springfield when your offer came through. I know you were busy . Perhaps we can meet up next year.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Thanks, Cindy for your offer to help. I had already left Springfield when your offer came through. I know you were busy . Perhaps we can meet up next year.
    Hi Scott, send me an email to sales@tricled.com with your info
    I'll send a pair of turn signal mirror for your RT.. thanks

Spyder Garage

Default There you go....

We have awesome vendor/sponsors here...TricLED is one of the best...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black