Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Could not connect to SL

I just got off of a one hour phone call with Cable One support. Cable One is my ISP. I haven't been able to connect to SL since late afternoon Thursday, Apr 27 from here at home nor down at the local cafe. Apparently the IP address for Spyderlovers.com was changed yesterday and the change hasn't propagated to all the Domain Name Servers (DNS) between me and SL. I was able to connect using my phone via 4G and the Cableone tech connected right away. And I was able to connect to Lamonstergarage.com and all sorts of other web sites with no problem.

So be aware, if you can't connect to SL the problem may not be that the SL server is down, but rather some name resolution problem down the line between it and you. The tech said it can take up to three days for IP address changes to get propagated all the way to the users.

Lamont, if you see this did you make an IP change yesterday that tripped up my access to SL?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Might be Something Else

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post

So be aware, if you can't connect to SL the problem may not be that the SL server is down, but rather some name resolution problem down the line between it and you. The tech said it can take up to three days for IP address changes to get propagated all the way to the users.

Lamont, if you see this did you make an IP change yesterday that tripped up my access to SL?
    It may not have been Spyderlovers.com that got moved ... any DNS server in between you and the site could have changed, gone down, or had to be routed around. I had that problem once when I was working from home and trying to connect to my employer (IBM), I knew THEY hadn't moved (and confirmed so later with IT), but did discover that one, or more, Domain Name Servers were getting moved around.

Just a thought .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

If you can modify your system's DNS server setup sometimes it can help. You can try Google's free public DNS server at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if it helps.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    If you can modify your system's DNS server setup sometimes it can help. You can try Google's free public DNS server at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and see if it helps.
    That's what the CableOne guy had me do. It worked!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    It may not have been Spyderlovers.com that got moved ... any DNS server in between you and the site could have changed, gone down, or had to be routed around. I had that problem once when I was working from home and trying to connect to my employer (IBM), I knew THEY hadn't moved (and confirmed so later with IT), but did discover that one, or more, Domain Name Servers were getting moved around.

Just a thought .... Ann
    I think something like that happened not very far up the stream from me considering the CableOne tech could see SL and I could see it on my phone. The changes must have propagated by this morning as I was able to reach SL from the cafe, which I couldn't yesterday.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

There were heavy spam attacks to SL yesterday. I noted that during the episodes that the site felt a bit "funny." Things were slowing down and some things were jumping around with mouse moves.

Cause/effect?? Unknown to me. Maybe some of the deletion operations affected the site. This AM, I am not noticing any of the above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red