Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Only if you you were a registered and licensed

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

once again, here in the city, you can not own a pistol with a mag. larger then the so called 7 rounds. the double stack 15 or 16 round mags are for police only
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you know how that 7 round capacity came to be?
    Cuomo knew that revolvers hold 6 rounds...
    (Which is incorrect; but that's his ignorance, and our little secret! )
    So in his own little tiny mindset: he figured that semi-automatics should also be limited to 6 rounds.
    Everything was going along nicely... right up until one of his hirelings realized that this statute would ban the fabled Colt 1911: it held 7 rounds!
    If this happened: none of them would ever get elected to anything again... EVER!!!
    So they did what Politicians do best: they just changed the number!

1911 A-1.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I would like to go to Stowe, VT to visit the von Trapp Family Lodge. I will have to travel thru the state of NY. Guess I should only carry my Glock 42 locked up and unloaded as the mags hold only 6 rounds each?

Spyder Garage

Well, it's up to you, but I wouldn't want to get caught while traveling through NY.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mowin View Post
    Well, it's up to you, but I wouldn't want to get caught while traveling through NY.

What he said. It's not worth the BS

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    I would like to go to Stowe, VT to visit the von Trapp Family Lodge. I will have to travel thru the state of NY. Guess I should only carry my Glock 42 locked up and unloaded as the mags hold only 6 rounds each?
    Don't do it...
    How would you like to be the one that they decide to turn into the "Bad example"?

Spyder Garage

What they said!!!! unless you have a valid NYS pistol permit you are not allowed to handle or hold or look at or even think about a pistol !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sux; doesn't it?

Spyder Garage

going hunting one year we were traveling at night, i always brought my 357 mag with me. i had a target license amended for hunting in NY, and had the gun in the trunk buried under all our stuff. like we always did, we were dressed in some of our hunting red, and traveling on the Palisades parkway when a new jersey trooper pulled us over. he questioned us about what we were doing, and where we were going. we told him ellenvile NY and he asked if we had guns in the car. we said yes they are in the trunk, and he asked to open the trunk. i never said the pistol was in there, and he just opened two cases to see if the rifles were unloaded. at that point he told us we should not be traveling through NJ with guns in the car unless we had permission. but it turned out he was a pretty good guy and let us off with a warning. my guess is that if he found out i had a pistol in the trunk, he might of not been so nice. so just be careful.
    i think someone is trying to pass a bill where NY honors other states carry permits, but i doubt that will happen
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're right: there is talk of National right to carry reciprocity among all of the States...

Will it happen?
    But I hope that it does!

Spyder Garage

That would make way to much sense, after all, can you drive from state to state

committee for postings

Spyder Garage

CT is no better and registration is the law for guns and magazines. I have family and friends that joined the other 100k who didn't register and became instant criminals when they refused to register. Only about 40k law abiding gun owners in CT registered their guns and mags. As for me? I moved out of CT in 2001 and have yet to regret it.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

About 10 years ago my cousin who lives in the Berkshires of MA, was heading to a gun show in PA and his truck broke down with a bad bearing in one of his front wheels on Rt 95 in Greenwich CT. A CT state trooper pulled in behind him and asked what the problem was. My cousin told him and the trooper asked him where he was heading. My cousin told him to a gun show in PA and the trooper asked if he had any guns? My cousin said he had several locked up in a safe in the back of his truck and handing him his CT permit, he told the trooper he had Colt .45 in my shoulder holster. The CT state trooper freaked out and after removing the Colt from my cousin, the trooper asked if he had a CT permit. My cousin told him yes, I just gave it to you along with my drivers license, registration and proof of insurance. The trooper asked if he had any other gun permits my cousin told him he has permits for every state he needs to for traveling and the trooper told him, its against the law to have more than one permit and being from MA, he was in violation of CT law. My cousin told him he could have a permit for every state and its not against the law to have more than one permit. The trooper took them all and went back to his cruiser. While waiting two more troopers pulled up and talking to my cousin, they wanted permission to search his truck. My cousin refused their request.

About 5 minutes later the first trooper said he was wrong and my cousin was right and he stopped the other troopers from any further actions and asked my cousin what his plan was? He said it looks like the gun show is out and I'll be heading home. My cousin turned around and headed back to MA, taking 95 to Rt 8 and the whole way from Greenwich to Winsted CT exit, this trooper followed my cousin.

A Florida permit is good for 19 other states and unlike the northeast, MA, CT, NY, NJ, PA and other states, these 19 states are all connected by state lines. If I were to travel back to CT to see my brothers, I'd leave my preferred carry gun at home here locked up with the others. Last I heard my brother told me Gov Malloy wants to raise the price of a gun permit in CT to $300.00. Here in FL a first time permit cost $117.00 and no course is needed if the person is a veteran. If not a veteran a course is needed and one can take the course at any gun show in Florida. The cost of the course is around $250.00 and this includes all pictures and fingerprints, that are submitted electronically. If you hold a permit from another state, the course is needed. I am a veteran, but took the course and every year they hold seminars at a hotel here that can be taken to keep up with laws that change. To renew a Florida permit, two passport pictures are needed and it costs $65.00 and is good for 7 years. I renewed 2 years ago and within two weeks, I received my new permit in the mail.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    About 10 years ago my cousin who lives in the Berkshires of MA, was heading to a gun show in PA and his truck broke down with a bad bearing in one of his front wheels on Rt 95 in Greenwich CT. A CT state trooper pulled in behind him and asked what the problem was. My cousin told him and the trooper asked him where he was heading. My cousin told him to a gun show in PA and the trooper asked if he had any guns? My cousin said he had several locked up in a safe in the back of his truck and handing him his CT permit, he told the trooper he had Colt .45 in my shoulder holster. The CT state trooper freaked out and after removing the Colt from my cousin, the trooper asked if he had a CT permit. My cousin told him yes, I just gave it to you along with my drivers license, registration and proof of insurance. The trooper asked if he had any other gun permits my cousin told him he has permits for every state he needs to for traveling and the trooper told him, its against the law to have more than one permit and being from MA, he was in violation of CT law. My cousin told him he could have a permit for every state and its not against the law to have more than one permit. The trooper took them all and went back to his cruiser. While waiting two more troopers pulled up and talking to my cousin, they wanted permission to search his truck. My cousin refused their request.

About 5 minutes later the first trooper said he was wrong and my cousin was right and he stopped the other troopers from any further actions and asked my cousin what his plan was? He said it looks like the gun show is out and I'll be heading home. My cousin turned around and headed back to MA, taking 95 to Rt 8 and the whole way from Greenwich to Winsted CT exit, this trooper followed my cousin.

A Florida permit is good for 19 other states and unlike the northeast, MA, CT, NY, NJ, PA and other states, these 19 states are all connected by state lines. If I were to travel back to CT to see my brothers, I'd leave my preferred carry gun at home here locked up with the others. Last I heard my brother told me Gov Malloy wants to raise the price of a gun permit in CT to $300.00. Here in FL a first time permit cost $117.00 and no course is needed if the person is a veteran. If not a veteran a course is needed and one can take the course at any gun show in Florida. The cost of the course is around $250.00 and this includes all pictures and fingerprints, that are submitted electronically. If you hold a permit from another state, the course is needed. I am a veteran, but took the course and every year they hold seminars at a hotel here that can be taken to keep up with laws that change. To renew a Florida permit, two passport pictures are needed and it costs $65.00 and is good for 7 years. I renewed 2 years ago and within two weeks, I received my new permit in the mail.
    You do realize, don't you, that your Florida permit is welcome here in PA? You simply have to enter PA via WV or OH. If you are planning to go on to VT NH or ME, you won't be welcome in any of the other states surrounding PA.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PC,
    I'm glad to hear that the Trooper admitted that he was wrong, and called off the search.
    I understand caution on his part...
    And also the common sense!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    You'd be doing me a favor: please feel free to make the call!
    I'd get:
    Three meals a day
    A free College Education
    Free Medical Care
    Free Cable TV
    A Weight Room
    All of the Counselors that I could ever want to confide in
    And conjugal visits!!!!
    But Bob, you would be spyderless!! Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hadn't thought of that... Faint.gif

Spyder Garage

here in NYC proper, they will do anything they can to catch you doing something wrong, just to pull your permit. once i went down for a gun inspection. it was funny now, bit really stupid at the time. i show up at one police plaza with a brief case, locked, inside that was a locked gun case, in the gun case was my gun with a trigger lock on it.

now to get into the building, you have to go through a metal detector, and all bags have to be x raided. so a woman cop is manning the metal detector, and x ray machine, and i produce my license, the letter telling me to report to room 152 for a gun inspection. i empty all my pockets, take off my belt, and put my brief case in the x ray machine. all of a sudden the woman cop yells, cops surround me, and she is screaming at me that i had a gun.

i said yes, it is in the case. the other cops look at her like she is nuts, a sergeant comes over and asks what is going on, looks at me and says, do you have a gun on you. i said no it is in the case locked up. he looks at my paper work, gives me all my stuff, and tells me to go into room 152. what a bunch of jerks. it used to be so easy to do gun transactions, but since 9/11, things have changed so much. they used to have parking under the building, but they closed that. now you need someone to drive you into downtown Manhattan, or take a train with a gun in a locked box. it also used to be that if you went to a licensed gun dealer, you could sell them your gun, and mail them the receipt, and they would remove the gun from your permit. now you need to write them asking permission to sell a gun, when they approve it, you have to go down to pick up the approval letter, then you have to go back and bring them the proof that you sold it to a license dealer or person.

if you want to buy a gun, you need to write them, if you are approved, it can take up to about 3 months, i think you have 30 days to go down there and pick up the order to by a new gun. then you have so many day to buy the gun, and bring it back to them for a inspection. so NY suck when it comes to guns
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your story reminds me of why I'm not spending a SECOND longer in this ****ing place, than I absolutely have to!!

Spyder Garage

image.jpgMy GA permit is good where indicated. My FL & UT permits cover some of same states BUT only if I'm a resident of the state the permits are issued from.

Spyder Garage

image.jpgMy GA permit is good where indicated. My FL & UT permits cover some of same states BUT only if I'm a resident of the state the permits are issued from.
    we can only have one permit, we can't have permits from multiple states
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    I know about thirty New York Residents, that have multiple permits.
    You just have to know what you should, and shouldn't: show the Officer!
    I used to have a permit for Pennsylvania. I was going down there to shoot in outdoor 2700 matches about five times each Summer.
    Once I quit shooting in them: I let it lapse...
    (BIG mistake on my part!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,
    I know about thirty New York Residents, that have multiple permits.
    You just have to know what you should, and shouldn't: show the Officer!
    I used to have a permit for Pennsylvania. I was going down there to shoot in outdoor 2700 matches about five times each Summer.
    Once I quit shooting in them: I let it lapse...
    (BIG mistake on my part!)
    every 3 years when you renew, one of the questions is, do you have any other licenses, i am guessing if you say yes, you will have a problem or they wouldn't ask. and if you say no, and they find out you do, you lied on the application
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're talking about a New York City permit...

That's even worse than ours from up here!

If it was me: I wouldn't tell them anything about any other permits!
    (They have no way of checking anyway! )