Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default If you turn your front wheels far left or right.....

Correct me if I am wrong but if you turn your handle bars far right or left and take the key out the wheels lock and so does the center console, glovebox right? Or am I missing something here?

So sorry to hear this and makes me want to rethink if I want to continue to do Spyderfest Events knowing this risk? I have now attended 5 of these and never had issues. I too agree, why don't the hotels do something? The. Holiday Inn needs better lighting in their back lot that is for sure. WOW.

I could have done without reading this - what a bummer!!!!!!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    "The thieves knew about the gloves boxes on the Spyders". Not understanding what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but if you turn your handle bars far right or left and take the key out the wheels lock and so does the center console, glovebox right? Or am I missing something here?

So sorry to hear this and makes me want to rethink if I want to continue to do Spyderfest Events knowing this risk? I have now attended 5 of these and never had issues. I too agree, why don't the hotels do something? The. Holiday Inn needs better lighting in their back lot that is for sure. WOW.

I could have done without reading this - what a bummer!!!!!!
    It's my understanding that the burglaries were of the glove boxes on F3s and RTs that cannot be or were not locked. I asked if any locked compartments were broken into, and they weren't.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

The same guy owns both Lamplighters, and the BWCH hotels. He knew! They had one private patrol cop in a car doing all 3. Tonight there is an armed guard patrolling each. No damage that I know of. Only looked for unlocked bags. They did know that the Spyders have a glove box. Got into some cars. The local news had a blip how burglaries are way up this year. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default RT's don't lock glove box with wheels turned

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    It's my understanding that the burglaries were of the glove boxes on F3s and RTs that cannot be or were not locked. I asked if any locked compartments were broken into, and they weren't.
    When did BRP stop the "locking of the glovebox" when wheels are turned and key locked and removed? I think my 2015 RT does it...I'll have to check it when I can. Humm.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

In addition to turning the wheel to the left or right, you also turn the key to the left 90 degrees and remove key, that will lock it.

Spyder Garage

Question Where were all the pistol packers?

Sound asleep?

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You have to make sure the frunk/glove box is closed first before locking the switch. Left or right with the handlebars locks the steering too along with the frunk and glove box.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    In addition to turning the wheel to the left or right, you also turn the key to the left 90 degrees and remove key, that will lock it.
    Thanks. I thought I had to turn to 90 to lock, have often wanted to lock 'straight ahead' mainly so the cover fits, so I will be trying this. Third spyder and still learning!

Oh just re_read... In addition to ... Oh I guess I can't lock in the straight ahead position... Drat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Sound asleep?
    Not any more!
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sound asleep?
    It doesn't work that way...
    If you shoot a punk that is breaking into your car/bike/whatever: you'll be the one in handcuffs.

"Deadly physical force" can only be used if you fear loss of life or bodily harm for yourself or others.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

When I was there at the lamplighter , I had a cooler stolen off trailer. There manager didn't even offer to report it, didn't even care. They just said to bad . They should inform everyone that attends this event that they had issues! I will never stay there again. If I go again to Spyderfest I will stay out of town. Sorry to hear it happened again. I do agree during event , someone should be patrolling area!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you shoot a punk that is breaking into your car/bike/whatever: you'll be the one in handcuffs.

"Deadly physical force" can only be used if you fear loss of life or bodily harm for yourself or others.
    Maybe Spydefest should move South a bit. May not be perfect regarding laws, however a serious schooling may be accomplished before officials arrive.

FWIW, I am pleased with the alarm I installed in our RTS. Yes it does go off falsely sometimes from others loud stereos or exhaust, but it is also sensitive enough to trigger from setting a helmet on the seat. Random photo ops no doubt have declined.

Also, as for what is in the glove box, they would get a handful of Central Florida Powersports bussiness cards, a pen, the fuel fillup logbook, my old glasses, and a bottle of Purrell hand sanitizer. Everything else is in other compartments.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

unless you pay extra for the parking i tend to doubt the motel would be liable. onsite parking might be considered a courtesy and that would be why you want to stay at that place.
    last year at a kite festival i went to on the jersey shore my wife & i had our bicycles stolen off the back of our car, we parked near the office at a camera. well the camera's are dummy's and we found out the motel was not responsible. they did not post any signs and we
    thought the camera's were real, we were wrong. the place was $300 a nite.
    when we went to martha vineyard with the spyder a few years ago we took to full cover and every nite we covered it up yet i still
    had the antennae broken.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hotel parking is always "At your own risk".
    Do the best that you can, and hope for the best.
    Or... you can always just stay at home, with the bike locked in the garage!

Spyder Garage

Hotel parking is always "At your own risk".
    Do the best that you can, and hope for the best.
    Or... you can always just stay at home, with the bike locked in the garage!
    I totally agree!!!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If anything of value was left in the bikes, then the ones at fault are the ones that left those valuables in the bikes! Sad but true!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Smile JOKE

Bob,

You know exactly what was being said.

I hope your words were intended for the unknowing.

Spyder Garage

well i learned something new about staying at a place with a car or a bike. i laughed at one of my friends that told me that he tries to get a room on the first floor when he travels, because at night he tries to bring his bike in his room. i guess you just never stay at that place again
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob,

You know exactly what was being said.

I hope your words were intended for the unknowing.

Of course... but it never hurts to remind folks that while a firearm can be a very useful friend: it can also be the friend that gets you into loads of trouble.
    Remember what college was like?

(Or were you one of "those friends"?)
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 04-28-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    doesn't the hotel have security cameras......?????
    my 1st and only visit to this event was back in 2014, and there was a number of reported problems then... you'd think that the hotels would have put in place some kind of remedy for this type of situation... dang, you can hire a security guard for the night at about $20 and hour....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    ONLY area covered by cameras is the lobby. They are located in the canopy. Nothing specifically located to cover the driveways or rooms. "We have 7 acres of property" was the reply by the GM. "You'd Think...."; but NO. After the incident, they hired a walking security guard.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

If anything of value was left in the bikes, then the ones at fault are the ones that left those valuables in the bikes!
    I seriously hope that you are kidding. By this philosophy, the girl in the short skirt is at fault for getting raped. Shame on her, she deserved it.

Jim

2014 RT-S Cognac
    2008 Victory Vision
    Iron Butt Assn #23572
    Victory Motorcycle Club #533

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    doesn't the hotel have security cameras......?????
    my 1st and only visit to this event was back in 2014, and there was a number of reported problems then... you'd think that the hotels would have put in place some kind of remedy for this type of situation... dang, you can hire a security guard for the night at about $20 and hour....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Cameras only in the canopy to cover the lobby. ""You'd think..."; but NO. After Wednesday's brake-ins, they hired a walking security person. Because of this incident, plus a similar incident on Tuesday night @The Lamplighter, and the weather forecast many people are packing up and going home.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by subdude17349 View Post
    I seriously hope that you are kidding. By this philosophy, the girl in the short skirt is at fault for getting raped. Shame on her, she deserved it.

Jim
    Any hotel I've stayed at has signs in the parking area that state they are not responsible for theft or damage. I'm not sure how you compare the break-ins to a rape.
    Last edited by wyliec; 04-28-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Question One of those

Of course... but it never hurts to remind folks that while a firearm can be a very useful friend: it can also be the friend that gets you into loads of trouble.
    Remember what college was like?

(Or were you one of "those friends"?)
    Hardly.

I got my first degree from "U of R" The University of Reality. Nam

When I did attend I was far removed from being a green behind the ears kid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well I was!
    But since the Statue of Limitations hasn't quite expired for the more memorable episodes just yet...