Spyder Garage

Default My First Farkle....sort of :)

So, a few days prior to purchasing my Spyder, my wife made me assure her that I would be satisfied with the bike as is, and that as soon as I drove it home I wouldn't want to immediately start adding all kinds of extras $$$. Of course I told her that the bike I wanted was fully loaded and I was pretty much good to go with it as equipped. Well, the day I drove it home from the dealer, she sat on it and commented on how comfortable it was. The next statement was, "I need an arm rest, can you buy those?" So, I guess my wife gets the first farkle.

Happy wife = Happy life
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid
    LED headlights and fog lights

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

To the Spyder web and this great website.

I found farkles are easier to justify when the missus is happy.

Ryde safe and enjoy.

Rich and Rhonda
    2014 RT Limted, platinum, with matching 622 trailer.

Ultimate tall boy seat w/adjustable back rest, Corbin armrests, Spyderpops bumpskid & missing belt guard, BRP side air vents, Lamonster lidlox, cargo nets, Stebel air horn, Wrap my spyder accents......and more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I bought my RT Limited; I explained to the Missus that "limited" stood for "Limited Farkling Opportunities..."

Seriously: keep your Best-Half happy, and your entire World will seem much brighter!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I think you covered it by letting the Missus get the first one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've heard that when the wife gets "farkle fever", she usually gets her own Spyder😳
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Bayouboy,

I purchased my bike in Houma. Next time I bring it in for service, mind if I give you a shout?

Johnny
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 RT-S (SE6) Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Same with me

Quote Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
    So, a few days prior to purchasing my Spyder, my wife made me assure her that I would be satisfied with the bike as is, and that as soon as I drove it home I wouldn't want to immediately start adding all kinds of extras $$$. Of course I told her that the bike I wanted was fully loaded and I was pretty much good to go with it as equipped. Well, the day I drove it home from the dealer, she sat on it and commented on how comfortable it was. The next statement was, "I need an arm rest, can you buy those?" So, I guess my wife gets the first farkle.

Happy wife = Happy life
    While my wife knew that I would be getting farkle's for my bike. The first to be installed, note I
    said installed, was for her. The SmoothSpyder Dual Backrest.

getPart-1.jpggetPart-3.jpg
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Swindle View Post
    Bayouboy,

I purchased my bike in Houma. Next time I bring it in for service, mind if I give you a shout?

That would be cool. It would be nice too hook up with other owners. I haven't met too many around here.
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    Spyderpops LED Bumpskid

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default safety first

Quote Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post

Happy wife = Happy life
    My first "farkles" were safety additions.. Extra brake lights, bumpskid, improved anti-sway bar, and anything to keep it on the road better and safer.. Now I can add some bling farkles to them.. Just a little at a time , as i dont want to over-do it with the BLING..You know what i mean..some people gots way to much "crap" wraps and decals etc. and it looks crappy and cheap..good luck..