Spyder Garage

Default Shout out to dealer

In March of this year I joined the Spyder world for the first time and purchased a 2017 F3T from a local dealer that I really believe I knew more about the bike than he did. I put a top case on it a trailer hitch and some other things but I spent a good deal of change but NOT impressed with the dealer at all.

After joining this this forum I kept hearing about the Bajaron Sway bar and what a difference it would make so I started looking for a different dealer to put the sway bar on cause I just don't have anything to get the bike up 24 inches safely. That is when I discovered Jaycox Powersports in Worthington, Minnesota. I took the bike in to just have the sway bar installed. I told them I bought the bike from a different dealer and started talking about all the stuff I didn't know about the spyder! So I left the bike with them. When I went to pick it up here is what happened.
    1. They put the sway bar on for $80.00
    2. He noticed unusual tire wear after just 450 miles and did a laser alignment on it under
    Warranty.
    3. He actually took the time to show me how to put air in the rear shock at no charge.
    4. He fixed the top trunk because it wouldn't close properly at no charge.
    5. He fixed the passenger seat because it was a bitch to get it off at no charge.
    6. He showed me where all the accessory plugin are at no charge.
    7. He adjusted my belt because he said it wasn't correct at no charge.

Remember I didn't buy the bike from them. My total charge was $80.00

Jaycox Powersports in Worthington, MN has earned my business for ever and I have read on this forum many times the need to find a GOOD dealer. Well I have found one!

Spyder Garage

Default DEALER

​When you find a dealer that you are happy with, you will stick with them no matter how far they are from you.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

It's the small things like this that make the difference. You know then the dealer cares about there customers.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default SHOUT OUT

My dealer, GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT, is very much like the dealer that you describe. I, too have gotten some 'freebies". They are 35 miles away, but even if they were twice that distance, I would still make the trip.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default KNOW

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN......
    my dealer here in Greenville, SC treats me like a KING.... can't say enough good things about them....
    i had the unfortunate need to visit with another dealer in Seneca, SC.... OH MY GAWD... I WOULD NEVER GIVE CONSIDERATION FOR PULLING INTO THEIR PARKING LOT AGAIN.... HORRIBLE...
    INSULTING is the singular word to describe them...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks....

Always good to hear about a good dealer. Helps others here to find them as well. Glad you took the time to look
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good dealers that people "shout out" about are very rare these days. If you find one like that, give them your business and support.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I think a lot of us in MN feel the same way about Caswell's in Mora. It seems like everyone leaves happy after using their service department.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this!

Now I know of three in MN
    Caswell's in Mora
    Ollies in Alaxandria
    Jaycox in Worthington

2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been known to spend $60+ for the ferry ride from CT to Long Island just to have work done at Honda of Riverhead. Bought two Spyders from Harry there and couldn't be happier.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Local dealer here dropped the Spyders almost 2 years ago. they are more interested in selling their kubotas. as they were losing their franchise they said they would sell me a Spyder but would not service it! so my nearest shop is about a 2 hr ride. there is one about 45 min away but I was advised not to use them, however I walked into their showroom about 3 weeks ago and was looking at a new F3L (pearl white) and wasn't even acknowledged. stood there about 15/20 minutes checking out the bike and sat on it a few times then walked out, got on my Spyder and rolled away. I wouldn't roll into their facility on a dare.

Spyder Garage

Default Lucky!

Wish we had dealers like that around here. The one in town is incompetent and the one an hr to the south is a rip off. I was charged $800 to change the wheels, add a swaybar and skid plate......this was AFTER I paid for the parts. This is why I do all the work to my spyder now, they leave me no choice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn R View Post
    I've been known to spend $60+ for the ferry ride from CT to Long Island just to have work done at Honda of Riverhead. Bought two Spyders from Harry there and couldn't be happier.
    I totally get it that you have found a dealer that you trust and have no problems with, but if you are taking the ferry to LI from Bridgeport, you must be close to East Haven. Why not give GSS Powersports a try? They only sell & service BRP products. No other motorcycles. The owner, Bob Gargano Jr. is the wrench turner, the only BRP Master Certified tech in CT. As a bonus, he has a great relationship with BRP & is able to get things done that other dealers may not. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the ferry ride too, but only for the wine tours and lobster rolls.
    Last edited by oldguyinTX; 04-25-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I totally get it that you have found a dealer that you trust and have no problems with, but if you are taking the ferry to LI from Bridgeport, you must be close to East Haven. Why not give GSS Powersports a try?
    I take the New London-Orient Pt ferry actually, it's a long hike from Mystic to Bridgeport. I did stop in at GSS once to look at a former school bike they were selling.

I have to get a sway bar put on soon and can't get to LI this time. Might give Mike's in New London a try. They claim to have two certified techs. I stored my RT-L with them last winter and, while pricey, they took good care of it.
    Last edited by Questions; 04-26-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    In March of this year I joined the Spyder world for the first time and purchased a 2017 F3T from a local dealer that I really believe I knew more about the bike than he did. I put a top case on it a trailer hitch and some other things but I spent a good deal of change but NOT impressed with the dealer at all.

After joining this this forum I kept hearing about the Bajaron Sway bar and what a difference it would make so I started looking for a different dealer to put the sway bar on cause I just don't have anything to get the bike up 24 inches safely. That is when I discovered Jaycox Powersports in Worthington, Minnesota. I took the bike in to just have the sway bar installed. I told them I bought the bike from a different dealer and started talking about all the stuff I didn't know about the spyder! So I left the bike with them. When I went to pick it up here is what happened.
    1. They put the sway bar on for $80.00
    2. He noticed unusual tire wear after just 450 miles and did a laser alignment on it under
    Warranty.
    3. He actually took the time to show me how to put air in the rear shock at no charge.
    4. He fixed the top trunk because it wouldn't close properly at no charge.
    5. He fixed the passenger seat because it was a bitch to get it off at no charge.
    6. He showed me where all the accessory plugin are at no charge.
    7. He adjusted my belt because he said it wasn't correct at no charge.

Remember I didn't buy the bike from them. My total charge was $80.00

Jaycox Powersports in Worthington, MN has earned my business for ever and I have read on this forum many times the need to find a GOOD dealer. Well I have found one!

Has anyone in Pennsylvania had any luck like this with dealers here? I'm going to need my 3000 mile checkup and oil change this year & I'm wondering if I should use Brook's in Grantville or travel to Hanover, PA for the dealer there. Thanks.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn R View Post
    I take the New London-Orient Pt ferry actually, it's a long hike from Mystic to Bridgeport. I did stop in at GSS once to look at a former school bike they were selling.

I have to get a sway bar put on soon and can't get to LI this time. Might give Mike's in New London a try. They claim to have two certified techs. I stored my RT-L with them last winter and, while pricey, they took good care of it.
    Gotcha, yeah that would be a long haul from Mystic to East Haven. If Mike's techs are certified, their certifications will be posted for public view. I would ask to see them.

Spyder Garage

Default Hanover

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    Has anyone in Pennsylvania had any luck like this with dealers here? I'm going to need my 3000 mile checkup and oil change this year & I'm wondering if I should use Brook's in Grantville or travel to Hanover, PA for the dealer there. Thanks.
    I don't know about Brook's but Ryan at Hanover is fantastic. I ride up from Virginia to go to there, 1 1/2 hr ride. Took it in for a 3K work up, while I waited, asked him to check the headlight alignment as a previous dealer adjusted them but they still weren't right. He came back and asked how long my compressor was out. I didn't even know it was. First SYpder and bad hearing I knew I couldn't hear so just assumed it worked. He asked how the other dealer was able to adjust the lights with the bike not level. He fixed it all under warranty, my cost to the 3K, $280. Hanover fan for life.
    2019 F3T , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    ​When you find a dealer that you are happy with, you will stick with them no matter how far they are from you.
    110 % Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue