Spyder Garage

Default New F3T - Finally in my Garage - Floor board and brake question

So my new white 2016 F3T SE6 was unloaded at my house last week in a snow storm and it is still sitting there as the weather here is still brutal. Anyway I have been looking at adding floorboard and was wondering has anyone installed the Web Boards Line X F3 Premium boards? I understand they are 14" x 5 3/4" so a pretty good length for my size 12 feet. See photos below. Price is 275 so very reasonably priced

If so did you find it made any difference the issue a number of people seem to have with the height of the brake pedal? Looking a photos it would seem it slants you feet upwards and one would think therefore raise the front of your foot relative to the brake pedal which stays in the same location as when foot pegs we were installed?

Any other comments on them and how you like them would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gcclubs; 04-25-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got no advice about the brake pedal height; other than to say that you might find it easy to be acclimated to...
    And on the bike!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

on the new F3. Can't help either on the floorboard question.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have an F3-L, gcclubs, and size 15s. I would strongly suggest adding the Lamonster RIP boards to your list of possibilities. They give you even more length than the Web Boards and can be used for easy mounting from the middle of the bike, and as an added bonus, they change your foot angle in relation to the brake pedal, making it significantly easier to use. I have had them on for 6 months now and can't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/floorboards/

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 04-25-2017 at 05:07 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I have an F3-L, gcclubs, and size 15s. I would strongly suggest adding the Lamonster RIP boards to your list of possibilities. They give you even more length than the Web Boards and can be used for easy mounting from the middle of the bike, and as an added bonus, they change your foot angle in relation to the brake pedal, making it significantly easier to use. I have had them on for 6 months now and can't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/floorboards/

Pete
    Thanks. I know they would be the best option but I am in Canada and the cost for those is $900 Canadian so a lot more than I am hoping to spend. So I am trying to see if anyone has theses web boards installed and how are they working for them

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    Thanks. I know they would be the best option but I am in Canada and the cost for those is $900 Canadian so a lot more than I am hoping to spend. So I am trying to see if anyone has theses web boards installed and how are they working for them
    Yeah, I understand. They were a big $ hit to get them out here in Aus. I am in a slightly different boat to you as my size (6'7", 300lbs 38" inleg) means I automatically put aside money (including exorbitant shipping costs) for seat, bars, grips and boards/controls for every new bike I buy.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My wife has the standard Web Boards on her F3-T. From the pictures, it appears to me that the added length is below the attach bolts, so in general, I would expect the relationship between the Web Board and the brake pedal to be the same. To me, the slant in the Web Board puts your foot much closer to 90 degrees to your lower leg, so it should be very comfortable. She really likes hers. I think you would just rock your foot about the heel to engage the brake pedal. Here are a couple pictures to show how it looks on her Spyder. (Sorry for the one of the oil change - just happened to be one that I had on my laptop and it shows the geometry reasonably well...)

IMG_1963.jpgIMG_1091.jpg
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Oh, and congratulations on the new F3-T! I'm seriously considering switching to the F3-T myself so I can add a top case to carry my laptop bag to/from work. A nearby dealer may have a leftover '16 white Limited for a fantastic price.
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Yeah, that angle is similar to the RIPs, SpyderGTL, so it should be easy access to the pedal. The stock boards are flatter.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Look at the Seal boards. They give you a lot of foot positions. Also makes it easier to get on and off.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    My wife has the standard Web Boards on her F3-T. From the pictures, it appears to me that the added length is below the attach bolts, so in general, I would expect the relationship between the Web Board and the brake pedal to be the same. To me, the slant in the Web Board puts your foot much closer to 90 degrees to your lower leg, so it should be very comfortable. She really likes hers. I think you would just rock your foot about the heel to engage the brake pedal. Here are a couple pictures to show how it looks on her Spyder. (Sorry for the one of the oil change - just happened to be one that I had on my laptop and it shows the geometry reasonably well...)

IMG_1963.jpgIMG_1091.jpg
    Good point on the model she has as the added length does appear to be at the bottom so the geometry to the brake should be similar. Oil change picture gives a good view showing how it would position a riders feet more in a natural position to the leg. Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Look at the Seal boards. They give you a lot of foot positions. Also makes it easier to get on and off.
    yeah, but the shipping costs to Canada would kill him, JP. They are much heavier and larger than even the RIPs.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Floor boards

I have them on mine and find no problem, they are on position 5 for me hope this helps.
    IMG_0478.JPG
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post
    I have them on mine and find no problem, they are on position 5 for me hope this helps.
    IMG_0478.JPG
    I also have my pegs in position 5. Did you find adding the boards made getting at the brake any easier?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just took delivery of my 2016 F3T today and am in the same position as you. I had the Web boards on my RT, and their quality and customer service is A1. I will be ordering me a pair of floor boards from them in the near future. If you get yours first, please post pictures. Not only are their boards functional and affordable, they always got positive comments from onlookers.
    The seal boards are nice, and my buddy has them on his bike. But when we are together, people would sometimes comment about his floorboards that "were added", then they would look at the web boards and say,"hey, that is nice, I like the way they come with the spyder on them!"
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Brake pedal

I also have my pegs in position 5. Did you find adding the boards made getting at the brake any easier?
    For me I felt it was better , don't have to lift my foot to reach the brake pedal.
    "plus I love the look"
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dave7691 View Post
    For me I felt it was better , don't have to lift my foot to reach the brake pedal.
    "plus I love the look"
    Thank you. Good to know. I just placed my order and once I get them and install I will post pictures and my thoughts. As a interesting note the price is $275 which included free shipping to Canada. That rarely happens so that was a very pleasant surprise. Weather here looks like it has finally turned the corner and I should be able to take the F3 out on its first real ride over the weekend. I have a calsci windshield to install and the BRP belt anti-vibration accessory but that will not take me long.

Spyder Garage

Default Webboards Installed

Thank you. Good to know. I just placed my order and once I get them and install I will post pictures and my thoughts. As a interesting note the price is $275 which included free shipping to Canada. That rarely happens so that was a very pleasant surprise. Weather here looks like it has finally turned the corner and I should be able to take the F3 out on its first real ride over the weekend. I have a calsci windshield to install and the BRP belt anti-vibration accessory but that will not take me long.
    Boards arrived and I installed last night. I will post photos on the weekend. They definitely decrease the distance to get your foot up an onto the brake. Will take a good test ride and post comments over the weekend but just sitting on the bike feels a lot more natural than the pegs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Buy Lamonster Garage running boards. Great product designed to work with brake lever. mkes brake lever no so high to reach it.
    Long too so that you can stretch out your legs and stand up to stretch .