Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Project bike with no keys...

Hi everyone.

Joe here, from Las Vegas, NV... just bought a project bike for my kids Bday, last week, we went to get it about 2 hours away from here in AZ, had to trailer her back here, since she's mostly in parts...

Brief history, the guy I bought it from had her about 2 years in pieces on his garage cause he was going through some marriage issues, since he's divorced by now, he sold the bike and my kid is the "lucky new owner"...

As you can see in the pics (if I manage to upload them OK), she's mostly complete, apparently the original owner didn't have any clue on how to ride, cause he had used her for 27 hours & 510mi, when we went off the road and got scared enough to just get rid of the bike... after a 2 year vacation on someone else garage, now she's in my hands, I've already ordered all plastics missing, etc...

But the kid lost the 1 key I got to the bike, so... I did buy a new ignition switch with 2 brand new keys, and I also ordered a red master key... tried "pairing" the keys to the DESS module, and even got to the part in which I was asked for the "NEXT KEY", but I somehow messed it up, and can't do a thing cause no matter what I try I always get a "BAD KEY" message on the screen on the cluster...

I've been reading quite a lot and I think I have to buy a new DESS module, right?, so... is there any expert on the matter that can let me know what's the correct part number?

so far I've found:
    219800070, AFAIK it should work with any 2008-2013 spyder?, I can seem to find it available anywhere...

or

710001195, listed as compatible with 2012-2013 spyder, will this work?, it's readily available in lots of places...
    Thanks in advance for all your help, and please let me know if posting the VIN number would help somehow, if so I'll post it tomorrow, cause it's 1am and I don't want to post it, unless it is really needed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Spyder GS990 SE5 (project)