Spyder Garage

Default F3T Top Case - we should go in Europe !!!

I found this browsing on the web:

http://be.brp.com/spyder/fr_BE/promo...e-topcase.html

750Euros (around 1000$ CAN) for the top case. It's more than 50% off the actual price. But they are not shipping overseas...

My dealer told me we cannot have this deal in Quebec
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

kinda "different?" shape reminds me of a Harley Tourpak. Fun International Link, Thanks
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Based on today's exchange that would be $1,100 CAD. Compared to the Canadian price of $1,950 CAD
    Based on today's exchange that would be $815 USD. Compared to the US price of $1,625 USD

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Wow...!!

you could fly over and pick it up for the difference...and a nice trip that would be....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

They were on offer for £435 here not long ago. Reduced from somehting like £1250!! That would be about $550-$600 with how poor the exchange rate is (for us anyway!!).

If you're interested I can ring the dealer here and see if they are still on offer? No idea if they would ship to the US though, kind of thinking not as they are a dealer but you never know?

Interestingly, someone on our UK spyder facebook page bought one for £435 and then posted how poor quality it was. Just imagine paying full price for one!!
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was a count-down clock going on that sight. Is that a sale just for today?

If the price is good, and we had time, maybe someone would collect the funds, order them and fly over to get them. All the buyers could share the travel costs.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    There was a count-down clock going on that sight. Is that a sale just for today?

If the price is good, and we had time, maybe someone would collect the funds, order them and fly over to get them. All the buyers could share the travel costs.

The price is good until april 30th.

I was hoping that BRP could match that offer here. I don't understand why there's a so big difference between what can be offered by the company itself among their distributors.
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

One further thing to note is that if you ordered online from europe the price would be lower as you won't be charged the VAT (our eq of your state taxes).

This is up to 20% in most of Europe so would be more like 625 euros. I just found this site that appeared to let me try and order it with a US address. It's all in French but google translate does the heavy lifting if you've got Chrome:

http://spyder.quadyland.com/kit-top-...f3t-f3ltd.html

Just sent this to a member who PM'd me so be interestingto see if he can order it. No idea what shipping would be and I've no knowledge of US import costs either - buyer beware!!
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

One other thing I've just discovered doing some searching is that there are different versions for US and Europe / Australia:

US 219400732
    Euro / Aus 219400772

We have different wiring under the passenger seat for the different lights at the back. European vehicles have separate turn lights which are amber rather than the US version of flashing the brake lights.

So it's likely the euro version of the top case would not be a direct plug and play for the US model. Mounting points etc. should be the same, the wiring for the integrated brake light would differ.

Might be worth it to save $800+ but again - buyer beware!!

Edit - by the way, the promo deal seems to list under product code 219400835 for the top case, black panel and amplifier. Although this part number does not come up under a BRP part number search.
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 04-25-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: more info

Spyder Garage

Default Made a mistake.

Did not realise the case advertised comes with black metallic panel kit and amplifier kit. That ups the Canadian and US price because they are extra.

Based on today's exchange that would be $1,100 CAD. Compared to the Canadian price of $2,600 CAD
    Based on today's exchange that would be $815 USD. Compared to the US price of $2,165 USD

That could also explain the different part number.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Radio Update file

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    One further thing to note is that if you ordered online from europe the price would be lower as you won't be charged the VAT (our eq of your state taxes).

This is up to 20% in most of Europe so would be more like 625 euros. I just found this site that appeared to let me try and order it with a US address. It's all in French but google translate does the heavy lifting if you've got Chrome:

http://spyder.quadyland.com/kit-top-...f3t-f3ltd.html

Just sent this to a member who PM'd me so be interestingto see if he can order it. No idea what shipping would be and I've no knowledge of US import costs either - buyer beware!!
    On the site you are referring to, we can order it and ship it to Canada. At least, the web site let us do it and the price comes up at 625Euros instead of 750. But I see nothing about shipping cost. I wrote them to ask if possible and the according cost.

With the given product number (219400835), when we enter it on the BRP instruction website, we can download a file which is to udpate the radio.

http://instructions.brp.com/content/...0761,219400769

"Radio Update file.s19"

I remenber some people here asking to have this file. I'm just not sure if it's the same for Europe and for North America, but I wanted to point it out !
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    On the site you are referring to, we can order it and ship it to Canada. At least, the web site let us do it and the price comes up at 625Euros instead of 750. But I see nothing about shipping cost. I wrote them to ask if possible and the according cost.

With the given product number (219400835), when we enter it on the BRP instruction website, we can download a file which is to udpate the radio.

http://instructions.brp.com/content/...0761,219400769

"Radio Update file.s19"

I remenber some people here asking to have this file. I'm just not sure if it's the same for Europe and for North America, but I wanted to point it out !
    Did you go as far as to put your address details in and get to the payment page? The first page only estimates taxes and I would expect shipping to appear when you get to payment.

The member who PM'd me has sent me his address so I'm gong to try going to payment page now and see what happens.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Did not realise the case advertised comes with black metallic panel kit and amplifier kit. That ups the Canadian and US price because they are extra.

Based on today's exchange that would be $1,100 CAD. Compared to the Canadian price of $2,600 CAD
    Based on today's exchange that would be $815 USD. Compared to the US price of $2,165 USD

That could also explain the different part number.
    Yeah sorry, forgot to say that's the kit that was offered here. 'Wow' at those price differences, shows what the markup must be to BRP and their dealers.

I found the UK deal and it was £435 instead of £1800!!

Then again UK dealers had a special the other month with Cannonball Seat, Heated Grips and Blue Ridge screen for £435 instead of something like £1500. I got the dealer to do me just the screen for £150 and thought 'I'll put up with a bit of head buffeting for that price'.

Spyder Garage

Did you go as far as to put your address details in and get to the payment page? The first page only estimates taxes and I would expect shipping to appear when you get to payment.

The member who PM'd me has sent me his address so I'm gong to try going to payment page now and see what happens.
    I tried and got an error at shipping that there was no option available for that destination.

CJ Jax

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Am I not seeing, what I think that I AM seeing?
    From the pictures: it appears to my lousy eyeballs, that this top case replaces the rear seat...
    Is this possible?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Am I not seeing, what I think that I AM seeing?
    From the pictures: it appears to my lousy eyeballs, that this top case replaces the rear seat...
    Is this possible?
    LOL, it does look like that in those pictures but there's defintely still a seat for the passenger:

maxresdefault.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    I tried and got an error at shipping that there was no option available for that destination.

CJ Jax
    Mmmm, yeah doesn't work. I've also found a few more references to 'EU only' on the deal.

Oh and the top case only is 500 euros, £430. It's the extra kit with the side panel and amplifier which is 750 euros.

I'm now so determined that you guys get a deal I'm trying to find a company that will give you a shipping address in Europe and then forward to the US. I've found the reverse of this for shipping from the US but not the other way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

Count me in at that USD price *lol*
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Aha!! This company offer that service:

https://www.borderlinx.com/en/member/register

They give you an address in the country your shopping, you ship the good there and they send it on to the US. I've never used them but if you're feeling like going the extra mile to get a bargain?

I'm now trying to find an on-line link to buy the 500 euro top case in Germany. You would have to pay the VAT as you will be shipping to a German address.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by al0vely View Post
    Count me in at that USD price *lol*
    I think you'd have to be clever to do this as any dealer who got the feeling you were buying multiples for other people would probably refuse to sell them.

You'd have to go round different dealers, well there's only 5 in the UK!!

Spyder Garage

Kind of sketchy service it seems. Very poor reviews. I have a former co-worker in France that I have reached out to for help.

CJ JAX

Aha!! This company offer that service:

https://www.borderlinx.com/en/member/register

They give you an address in the country your shopping, you ship the good there and they send it on to the US. I've never used them but if you're feeling like going the extra mile to get a bargain?

I'm now trying to find an on-line link to buy the 500 euro top case in Germany. You would have to pay the VAT as you will be shipping to a German address.

Spyder Garage

Default US or Canadian dealer ?

Maybe I'm a fool or don't understand anything in those BRP and dealer things, but I was hoping that some dealer in US or Canada might try to get that same kind of a deal for us.
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Kind of sketchy service it seems. Very poor reviews. I have a former co-worker in France that I have reached out to for help.

CJ JAX
    Ah ok, wasn't sure of them myself and I did have a pretend go at requesting a shipment his morning and theire prcie was very high. So not really an option.

I think this deal is very much a 'loss leader' for dealers to help shift unsold units (by throwing in one of these bundles) or just to generate contact with owners. I haven't found anywhere that is selling them as an on-line deal - seems to be personal contact to dealer only. That's how I got the Blue Ridge screen discounted deal.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MagYukon View Post
    Maybe I'm a fool or don't understand anything in those BRP and dealer things, but I was hoping that some dealer in US or Canada might try to get that same kind of a deal for us.
    It would certainly make me hold off any accessory purchases for the next few months to see if deals do appear.

The deals in Europe were on:

Top box for F3T
    Blue Ridge Screen
    Heated Grips
    Cannonball Seat
    Bobber Kit
    Sport Grill

So who knows, they may be on special in North America at some point this year?