Thread: LaSmoother!

Spyder Garage

Default LaSmoother!

Oh, wow. I didn't expect such a big difference with my 15 RT Limited!!

I bought the Lamonster wheel balancers for the front wheels on kind of a whim. Finally put them on today and went out for a spin. So much smoother and defined! I have had my front end laser aligned and that was great, but these made a huge difference. I guess I became used to some vibration over 15000 miles. I didn't mind it. Thought it was normal and attributed it to my hard-set shocks. These took out a LOT of the vibration to where, it feels like butter! It wasn't the stiff shock setting, it was minor vibration.

I tested the belt vibration that usually kicks in about 3900rpm's and it was still there. However, it was dramatically less. I'm guessing with a smoother front end, the whole unit is affected.

The added mass is a bonus, too, I think with tight turns. The wheels just seemed to be planted and more upright during aggressive turns.

These are so good that I think they are a necessary upgrade to a Spyder, just like upgrading the anti sway bar.

IMG_0851.jpg
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

Nice to have a review on those balancers...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Louise and I both have them on our Spyders and have installed some on customers bikes. Reports back all echo yours. Just SMOOOOOTH. Instantly noticeable on the first ride. Great product.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well thanks a lot folks, I thought that my Farkle list was finally getting short enough to manage, and now it just grew again.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You said that you added these to your front wheels...
    Do you plan on adding one to the rear wheel also?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Great report. I also had the same results on my bike. I will say this is not a fix all for everyone. If your wheel and tire are out of round these may make it worst. They do what they are designed to do and that makes me happy when I read a post like this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

You said that you added these to your front wheels...
    Do you plan on adding one to the rear wheel also?
    Like I said, I bought these on a whim so I decided to not get the rear wheel. That was definitely a mistake with as much of a difference these made. Granted you'll probably get more out of the front than the rear, but psychologically, I now NEED the rear wheel! LOL!
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Great report. I also had the same results on my bike. I will say this is not a fix all for everyone. If your wheel and tire are out of round these may make it worst. They do what they are designed to do and that makes me happy when I read a post like this.
    No problem! They definitely exceeded my expectations!

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Like I said, I bought these on a whim so I decided to not get the rear wheel. That was definitely a mistake with as much of a difference these made. Granted you'll probably get more out of the front than the rear, but psychologically, I now NEED the rear wheel! LOL!
    Excuse Me.jpg

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

In the updated instructions, it is a bit confusing on whether or not to remove any balancers to the wheels prior to installing these.

One of my wheels had a few balancers stuck on the rim, and I did not remove them. It seems to work well with leaving them, too.

2015 RT Limited , black

Spyder Garage

So I have a dumb question - just got a set and haven't installed them yet. First impression unboxing - the rings weren't finished very well, and inasmuch as they are behind the wheel I'd expect not so have paint runs, etc on the ring. Also, I was expecting these to be quiet and granted I'm sure on the bike with helmet in motion would not be a problem, but just holding them and turning them it sounds like 'sand' swishing around. just turning them by hand you can clearly hear the material inside, I'm thinking it would drive me nuts thinking something is scraping just say pushing bike. Am I nuts or did y'all encounter the same thing? Not trying to be critical of the product just wondering...
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    Oh, wow. I didn't expect such a big difference with my 15 RT Limited!!

I bought the Lamonster wheel balancers for the front wheels on kind of a whim. Finally put them on today and went out for a spin. So much smoother and defined! I have had my front end laser aligned and that was great, but these made a huge difference. I guess I became used to some vibration over 15000 miles. I didn't mind it. Thought it was normal and attributed it to my hard-set shocks. These took out a LOT of the vibration to where, it feels like butter! It wasn't the stiff shock setting, it was minor vibration.

I tested the belt vibration that usually kicks in about 3900rpm's and it was still there. However, it was dramatically less. I'm guessing with a smoother front end, the whole unit is affected.

The added mass is a bonus, too, I think with tight turns. The wheels just seemed to be planted and more upright during aggressive turns.

These are so good that I think they are a necessary upgrade to a Spyder, just like upgrading the anti sway bar.

IMG_0851.jpg
    Mine arrived yesterday, Can't wait to slap them on!
    I bought the full set, going to put on the fronts asap and doing a rear tire change in about 6 weeks before the misses & I head out on our 3 week road trip down PCH & Sturgis and wiil install that then.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    So I have a dumb question - just got a set and haven't installed them yet. First impression unboxing - the rings weren't finished very well, and inasmuch as they are behind the wheel I'd expect not so have paint runs, etc on the ring. Also, I was expecting these to be quiet and granted I'm sure on the bike with helmet in motion would not be a problem, but just holding them and turning them it sounds like 'sand' swishing around. just turning them by hand you can clearly hear the material inside, I'm thinking it would drive me nuts thinking something is scraping just say pushing bike. Am I nuts or did y'all encounter the same thing? Not trying to be critical of the product just wondering...

Once the tire is spun up the beads remain stationary so you won't hear a thing...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    You can't hear anything, ever.

I like how they are finished..... kind of a matte aluminum. Now, if I could have had gloss black, that would've been cool.

2015 RT Limited , black