Spyder Garage

Default Using the Spydercodes App

This weekend was nice enough that we went riding on Saturday and Sunday - only 125 miles total but it was sure nice to ryde! On Sunday I had an issue with my 2010 RT SM5. While ryding with a group going about 60 mph my check engine light came on. There was a flashing yellow light at about 2 o'clock position on the tach side and another steady light at about the 4 o'clock position on the tach side. I couldn't tell what either light was bu the orange engine light was on and off at the bottom of the screen. The bike went into limp mode so I pulled over. A buddy stopped to check and I told him about the check engine light and limp mode but the bike was running. We only had about 2 miles to get to our destination so I limped there. I parked and got out the manual but I couldn't tell anything about the lights I mentioned and that everything with "Check engine" said take it to a dealer. Well, we left it parked and went on to our rally in town. While I was standing in a pavilion thinking about my dilemma a rider from our group that was following me said that she noticed that my brake lights came on and stayed on for 30 - 40 seconds while we were riding down the road. H-m-m-m...

Then I remembered the Spydercodes app I had on my phone. I waited until the music and tributes were over and then I headed back to the bike and opened the app. I was instructed in exactly how to access the codes (Mode+Set+Signal Cancel) and sure enough the PO504 code showed. The code said, "Brake signal vs. brake pressure correlation check failed." I guessed that I must have had my foot riding on the brake while scooting down the road at 60. I started the bike and the check engine light went off, no flashing lights, and we road on to lunch in another town and then for ice cream at home and back into my garage with no issues. Thanks Roger Wenzel for putting this app together and helping a ryder figure out that I didn't need to trailer my bike to a dealer.

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Default Proof positive...

Never leave home without it.... glad you remembered it and enjoyed thrpe rest of your ryde....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black