Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trunk won't close 2016 RT limited

Hi
    I am a new spyder rider.. Just bought a 2016 RT Limited.
    This morning i install lights on each side of the bags
    I remove the long piece under the trunk to attached the wires. after putting back together the trunk won't latch? the plastic piece seem to fit correctly, put the screw back It won't close?? Am I missing something? with out that plastic trunk close fine??
    any suggestion?
    Patrick

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

More than likely you missed getting the tab back in the right spot which is located directly above the key hole or directly under the label inside the trunk which says 20 lbs limit. When putting that long piece of panel back on folks sometimes miss getting the tab back into the slot. this will cause the trunk lid to not close. If it is not that then I don't know.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    More than likely you missed getting the tab back in the right spot which is located directly above the key hole or directly under the label inside the trunk which says 20 lbs limit. When putting that long piece of panel back on folks sometimes miss getting the tab back into the slot. this will cause the trunk lid to not close. If it is not that then I don't know.

Gary
    Exact same thing happened to me. It was the tab, and it's not readily visible. Unfortunately, getting back into its proper place will require some disassembly.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

x2... it happens to everybody the first time...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It's the tabs
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Easy fix

Loosen the 4 bolts. Press hard in the center, it will pop in. Press on the black; the tab is on the painted part, and goes into the black part. Call me if you get stuck! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yep.. it work.. Thanks