Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default From the dealer..........

Our 2014 RT-S was delivered with a tire shimmy/shake at about 40-45 mph. I brought it back to the dealer and they removed the tires and wheels and replaced them with some from a floor model. Also the tire pressure was way off when delivered. Correcting the pressure and replacing the rims/tires fixed the problem.

Older 's may have worn suspension bits ( tie rod ends, bearings ) but bad tires and rims are probably the culprits.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Update

I spent a lot of time and money trying to find a soluiton to this shake. Numerous dealers looked at the problem and found the bike would shake and then they would replace something (rotor, tie-rod ends, A-arm bushings, etc) and it would be ok for a mile and then it would come back. Can Am even paid to replace the Power Steering unit; thanks Can Am, but that wasn’t the problem.

Finally I found a dealer who their repairman said that there was a known issue with the Toe and shaking with the 2011 RT models. He said that the spec was wrong and adjusted the Toe to be slightly in, reprogramed the Power Steering Sensor, and the shake was gone.

I have put on over a 1,000 shake free miles since and with no issue. The bike does drive differntly and that took some getting used to. With it being slightly Toe’d in, I would expetct some waves to form on the tires but they have not. (Sorry, I am not a mechanic and do not know the official terms, but understand the concepts)

Thanks all that have posted.

Spyder Garage

Maybe replace SAS (steering angle sensor)
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black