Spyder Garage

Default 2012 RT A&C OEM Speakers

Hello all,
    Today my wife and I bought a well cared for Metallic Blue '12 RT A&C,we actually pick it up tomorrow.Boy what a difference(bad and good,lol),from my '02 Heritage Softail.Anyway,it does not have the rear speakers,and I'd like to upgrade the fronts,add the rears and add a small amp.I've searched the forums here,and several other user sites,as well as BRP and Google,but cannot find out exactly what size the speakers are,what the speaker hole sizes are,or what the hole pattern sizes are for the front/rear.I ordered a service manual CD but it hasn't arrived yet to look there for the info.I'm just trying to avoid having to tear down to the speaker holes just to measure tham,and have to put it all back until whatever speakers I get arrive.I've read some of you like J&M and JBL,but I'd like to know the actual hole and bolt pattern sizes so I can choose from possible other brands.Thank You in advance for any info you can provide.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new bike! I know that you will both enjoy it! I can't answer your questions but I did want to jump in and welcome you! I am sure others will be able to provide you some help. Lots of great folks and knowledge here!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPEAKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie41 View Post
    Hello all,
    Today my wife and I bought a well cared for Metallic Blue '12 RT A&C,we actually pick it up tomorrow.Boy what a difference(bad and good,lol),from my '02 Heritage Softail.Anyway,it does not have the rear speakers,and I'd like to upgrade the fronts,add the rears and add a small amp.I've searched the forums here,and several other user sites,as well as BRP and Google,but cannot find out exactly what size the speakers are,what the speaker hole sizes are,or what the hole pattern sizes are for the front/rear.I ordered a service manual CD but it hasn't arrived yet to look there for the info.I'm just trying to avoid having to tear down to the speaker holes just to measure tham,and have to put it all back until whatever speakers I get arrive.I've read some of you like J&M and JBL,but I'd like to know the actual hole and bolt pattern sizes so I can choose from possible other brands.Thank You in advance for any info you can provide.
    The fronts are 5.25 in.- rear are " BRP size " .... meaning they are custom ..... But the ones Bob Denman bought ( J&M ) are the way to go because they are made for the Spyder RT ...... I found out that they are 2.5 Ohm and that's why they play so good ....... PM Him ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-22-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...J&M...

Mike,
    Your memory isn't too bad...

...For an Olphart!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default OEM Speakers

Well,after some research of the specs of both the J&M and JBL,I had decided on the JBL's.Also,after finding out the rears are a goofball size,but a 5-1/4 will actually go with little effort,I wound up ordering 2pr. of GTO-529's for a really good price.I'm sure I/she'll be happy with the upgrade.I was actually very surprised to find out how loud just the stock fronts were with the stock stereo at 75-80mph yesterday,so I may even skip the amp idea if the rears add a little more sound.The wife said she was able to hear the radio behind me okay.Since the bike is hers anyway(But she'll let me ride,as I have my Harley tore down),should be golden,so the money I save will let me put a fairing and stereo on mine,lol.Thank all of you for the info and well wishes!I shocked her yesterday,when I had to admit,with my health issues,maybe it's time to trade the Heritage in on another Spyder for me