Spyder Garage

Default Cargo rack and passenger seat options.

I didn't believe this to be model specific. If I am in error I'may sorry.

So....this is re a 2012 rs. Are there larger options for a rear luggage rack? A member showed me in jpg their one off and it looked very functional.

Additionally, this bike has a corbin with a removable rear seat. I'd love to be able to fit a.cargo shelf in its place along the lines of a BMW R1200 GS adventure. A dream.bike (not for the inseam challenged). Any feedback is welcome.
    KES
    2012 Spyder RS SE5 - Pearl White
    Corbin, phoenix running boards,
    Heli bar back,
    super touring BRP screen
    BRP? side fairing defectors
    Twisted Throttle Air foil
    other forgotten doo dads
    Real crotchety old curmudgeon at the helm.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    I didn't believe this to be model specific. If I am in error I'may sorry.

So....this is re a 2012 rs. Are there larger options for a rear luggage rack? A member showed me in jpg their one off and it looked very functional.

Additionally, this bike has a corbin with a removable rear seat. I'd love to be able to fit a.cargo shelf in its place along the lines of a BMW R1200 GS adventure. A dream.bike (not for the inseam challenged). Any feedback is welcome.

We have sold quite a few of these.

Spyder Garage

I found in doing my searches that one method is using the trailer hitch and some form of rack. It doesn't create the upper platform I'd like to do, BUT it seems a real slick way of adding capacity assuming it doesn't create a handling issue.
    Thanks Doc. your rack came up in some of the posts but I didn't find a link to it. It looks real slick as it tucks in. I do have questions that it prompts for personal usability. If you have info I'd welcome it. I'm at <grizzly.tsd at gmail dot com> I'll ask here in the event it's helpful to anyone.

It tucks up tight which looks great. I',m trying to judge how much useable platform space I'd have. I need fit various items 1 is a military laundry bag size item. a mil backpack size, a mil diffle, a PC bag and a luch box the size of an old plumbers sachel. No it doesn't all need to fit on the back since I have the trunk and a seat bag. But I haven't yet allowed for clothes, raingear and tools. So the question is how useable to rack space will be with the tire cut out.
    And again, I like it allot, I'm trying to judge certain aspects.

second is where it sits seemingly close to the tire I'm concerned with safely packing it - which would carry to anything but this came to me looking at it ,

lastly is being right behind the tire. how do I protect items and even the rack I suppose, from being sandblasted and soaked from tire spray.

This seems like a very viable option for me short term. Ideally can the rack, tow hitch setup be taken with me to a 2014 RT? I seem to be yearning one in the future.

As I try and determine cost impact too, I'm assuming you all are using the BRP (assuming it exists) tow hitch?
    I'll gladly take any information you have available on the product you referenced.
    KES
    Heli bar back,
    super touring BRP screen
    other forgotten doo dads

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    I found in doing my searches that one method is using the trailer hitch and some form of rack. It doesn't create the upper platform I'd like to do, BUT it seems a real slick way of adding capacity assuming it doesn't create a handling issue.
    Thanks Doc. your rack came up in some of the posts but I didn't find a link to it. It looks real slick as it tucks in. I do have questions that it prompts for personal usability. If you have info I'd welcome it. I'm at <grizzly.tsd at gmail dot com> I'll ask here in the event it's helpful to anyone.

It tucks up tight which looks great. I',m trying to judge how much useable platform space I'd have. I need fit various items 1 is a military laundry bag size item. a mil backpack size, a mil diffle, a PC bag and a luch box the size of an old plumbers sachel. No it doesn't all need to fit on the back since I have the trunk and a seat bag. But I haven't yet allowed for clothes, raingear and tools. So the question is how useable to rack space will be with the tire cut out.
    And again, I like it allot, I'm trying to judge certain aspects.

second is where it sits seemingly close to the tire I'm concerned with safely packing it - which would carry to anything but this came to me looking at it ,

lastly is being right behind the tire. how do I protect items and even the rack I suppose, from being sandblasted and soaked from tire spray.

This seems like a very viable option for me short term. Ideally can the rack, tow hitch setup be taken with me to a 2014 RT? I seem to be yearning one in the future.

As I try and determine cost impact too, I'm assuming you all are using the BRP (assuming it exists) tow hitch?
    I'll gladly take any information you have available on the product you referenced.
    Answered in PM.

Here is the link for the webpage. Big computer only:
    http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/roadster/products

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I love this rack. It expands the carrying capacity of my RT by nearly double. I packed my wife's stuff in the bag on the rack, and put mine in the frunk (she needed more room than me). I just sold my rt, but plan on using this for my F3T, since it has less room for storage than the RT. I am also looking at getting a luggage rack to fit over the rear fender to try to add a little more capacity when needed.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I thank Doc for his information and echange. I do like the look of his product best in this application.

That said, I am concerned that I could use a bit larger platform and the ability to quickly pit on and off for whatever reason including detailing and PM/CM.

I won't be putting allot of weight but probably a duffle, lunch bag, pack, laundry bag. Not all at once mind you though some days it could be if it wasn't too bulky.

I've been searching and reading posts. I haven't found if there is a hitch available with a 2 in receiver instead if ball. It would give.me.more options despite.not being pulled in tight the way doc'Silva notched unit does.

Any insight on a good remove able hitch and one woth a 2 " reciever. Or a secure adapter to add the reciever. I'm not set up to fabricate or weld.
    KES
    Heli bar back,
    super touring BRP screen
    other forgotten doo dads